test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Alright tanks what are we thinking for mod 10 thus far?

13»

Comments

• Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User

I was Sm prot,in mod2 and Sm Conq since late mod2.PVE now i don't do pvp cause of mod6 stat curves(RI % ) and cause in pc ,pvp has very low population (and no rewards!! )

As for the companions you are fine,me aswell have 4 defensive plus one archon .In FBI i swap the archon with a cockatrice.I don;t know if it roots the giants,anything little helps though(if it roots ).

My summoned companion is rust monster and is better ,for tanking,than anything else.Well at least what i think :).

Rust monster gives summoned -8% debuff ,+5% buff.So it helps against bosses.Plus 2 defensive slots and one offensive.
    With two defensive slots and your IL ,you will reach 80% Dr cap and in one offensive you will gain power from it.
    All these for tanking of course for DPS i think Archon or the artist or the Shield from wondrous bazaar (+20% buff) are better.

wut? -8% debuff and 5% buff? Rust Monster has a -5% defense debuff (Source: @michela123's debuff spreadsheet), where are you getting a buff?

Nyreth is correct about the 80% DR cap, but it is wise to stack 95% Damage resistance to account for monster ArmorPen, which is typically 15% (when calculating your DR, you need to account for a Negation if you own one and your Armor Class, which is 0.5% DR per AC.).

As a SM Tac, I personally use the Dancing Shield. 3x Defense Slots, belts, and the second best debuff of any companion in the game (-20% defense debuff. Only one better is Ambush Drake). Only downside is how the shield has stupid amounts of aggro, many times, the boss loves thie shield more than me...

I would also recommend the Priestess of Seahine Moonbow (Bahamut Pack), since she has 3x Defense slots, doesn't steal your aggro, and has a nice Crit boost for the team. Just know that she attacks super slowly and she will kill your team if a SW applies Tyrannical Curse (last time this happened to me was in Mod9, it might have been fixed).
    zman81420 said:

@hypervoreian I have only one companion that offers much damage increase active which is the epic fire archon. I have a epic pseudo dragon, epic rust monster, rare active con artist for his debuff attack and legendary portal hound for stat gain.

I feel that the Pseudodragon is kind of a waste. I used to use one myself, but as @grimah's GF Compendium notes, the Pseudodragon only refills 1% of your stamina per hit (not fun for GFs, since we attack rather slowly). I feel that you're likely better off with another pet that fits your playstyle, like the Air Archon for more damage. As it is your character, you are free to continue using the Pseudodragon though.

• Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @rjc9000
    So 1% stamina gain per hit. Let's say I land 2 swipes on WMS on a mob that's a ton of hits as well as a enforced threat in there and villians menace with a knee breaker ticking. That seems like a ton of hits in a very short time or did you mean something else. WMS animation is finally on par and is so fast now. I wouldn't however be apposed to putting my air archon back in honestly. I do see refresh pop up a ton though.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    I read the rust monster as a max 3 stack 15% debuff I'll have to read again.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • Options
    rjc9000rjc9000 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,405 Arc User
    zman81420 said:

@rjc9000
    So 1% stamina gain per hit. Let's say I land 2 swipes on WMS on a mob that's a ton of hits as well as a enforced threat in there and villians menace with a knee breaker ticking. That seems like a ton of hits in a very short time or did you mean something else. WMS animation is finally on par and is so fast now. I wouldn't however be apposed to putting my air archon back in honestly. I do see refresh pop up a ton though.

If you see the Pseudodragon bonus pop up alot, then keep it! (I am only suggesting as to what you should use; it's your GF at the end of the day. My experience with the Pseudodragon mostly comes from a turtlemode SM Tac which doesn't attack very much)

As for the Rust Monster, I should have clarified: you are correct about its active bonus of debuffing foe attack power by 5%, stacking up to 3 times for a total of -15%.

I was referring to the summoned Rust Monster's 5% DR debuff attack.

• Options
    hypervoreianhypervoreian Member Posts: 1,036 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    ^^^^

Anri and Zman:
    please read the description of rust monster powers and tooltip again.... :)

The active bonus is 5% debuff x3.But usually stacks 1 best 2 times.

i was talking about the summoned bonus ,i wrote that ;)

And the summoned bonus i was reffering is the effect of Hypercorrosion in rank30:

-8% debuff ,+5% buff.

See? :P one of my secrets gone away!!!!! /o\

(Tested buff bonus with ACT 3 years ago:It is indeed a flat 5% damage increase)

• Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    edited October 2016

^^^^

Anri and Zman:

And the summoned bonus i was reffering is the effect of Hypercorrosion in rank30:

-8% debuff ,+5% buff.

It is a 5% debuff but keep testing by reading tooltips. ^^
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    ^^^
    it is a 5% damage increase.You challenge that? You wanna a bet?

(You are not good at bets,though ,you lost it last time.i enjoy riding my Snow Horse by the way..:P ;) )

ROLFMAO.Go to a dummie genious.Let the rust monster use corrosion at rank 30.Hit one att will.Open your freakin ACT.Now tell me the effectiveness for freakin god's sake..isn't it +5%.

Don't speak for matters you know shiit about it CW.

And who speaks.....have you raised your Gf 1,9K IL..? ..lol... You know...the one that would solo CN ,and bet about it some months ago??? (and you lost)

----------------------------------------

Have you read the preview notes Sharp?
    Binding Oath total rework..that means you will have even a harder time doing FBI after all you cheese is gone.
    Which is a long list...
    HV+HP+KC in same group,SW arms of hadaar in giants and bosses,ambush rings......

And ofcourse you never run with a single tank (GF ), cause you can't.

..All these...
    While I semipug FBI ,single tank always and roll over giants ,bosses and Druffi alike with KV perma on......:P :):)

..Go back killing Grimak Nailbitter CW...that is why you are best for....:) :)

Adios!!!

• Options
    edited October 2016

^^^
    it is a 5% damage increase.You challenge that? You wanna a bet?

(You are not good at bets,though ,you lost it last time.i enjoy riding my Snow Horse by the way..:P ;) )

ROLFMAO.Go to a dummie genious.Let the rust monster use corrosion at rank 30.Hit one att will.Open your freakin ACT.Now tell me the effectiveness for freakin god's sake..isn't it +5%.

Don't speak for matters you know shiit about it CW.

And who speaks.....the 1,9k IL Gf..lol...

----------------------------------------

Have you read the preview notes Sharp?
    Binding Oath total rework..that means you will have even a harder time doing FBI after all you cheese is gone.
    Which is a long list...
    HV+HP+KC in same group,SW arms of hadaar in giants and bosses,ambush rings......

And ofcourse you never run with a single tank (GF ), cause you can't.

..All these while I semipug FBI ,single tank always and roll over giants ,bosses and Druffi alike with KV on......:P :):)

..Go back killing Grimak Nailbitter CW...that is why you are best for....:) :)

Adios!!!

As I said, it is an increase of 5% effectiveness, which is a 5% debuff.

Looks like 5%. Definitely not 8%.

Buffs do not show up in ACT in effectiveness. Only Debuffs, mitigation from dr sources and incoming healing bonus show up in effectiveness. If you asked Janne or actually tested anything, you would know that.

Oh btw, you should respec out of protector since your capstone doesn't work.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Playing with words now.

I said Rust monster corrosion at rank 30 ,lowers the damage done by affected enemy by 8% and increase damage done dealt to that by 5%.Satisfied now?? lol

I said -8% ,+5 % and you showed up playing smart.

Ofcourse i was correct..... :)

"o to a dummie genious.Let the rust monster use corrosion at rank 30.Hit one att will.Open your freakin ACT.Now tell me the effectiveness for freakin god's sake..isn't it +5%."

^^^^^^^^^
    Yes....?? :) Delete char Sharp

---------------------------

Sharp "keep testing by reading tooltips".
    Me "it is a 5% damage increase.You challenge that? "

Sharp "Looks like 5%"

--------------------------------

ROLFMAO
  • Options
    edited October 2016

^^^^

Anri and Zman:

-8% debuff ,+5% buff.

Then why did you say this in response to this?
    rjc9000 said:

I was Sm prot,in mod2 and Sm Conq since late mod2.PVE now i don't do pvp cause of mod6 stat curves(RI % ) and cause in pc ,pvp has very low population (and no rewards!! )

As for the companions you are fine,me aswell have 4 defensive plus one archon .In FBI i swap the archon with a cockatrice.I don;t know if it roots the giants,anything little helps though(if it roots ).

My summoned companion is rust monster and is better ,for tanking,than anything else.Well at least what i think :).

Rust monster gives summoned -8% debuff ,+5% buff.So it helps against bosses.Plus 2 defensive slots and one offensive.
    With two defensive slots and your IL ,you will reach 80% Dr cap and in one offensive you will gain power from it.
    All these for tanking of course for DPS i think Archon or the artist or the Shield from wondrous bazaar (+20% buff) are better.

wut? -8% debuff and 5% buff? Rust Monster has a -5% defense debuff (Source: @michela123's debuff spreadsheet), where are you getting a buff?

Nyreth is correct about the 80% DR cap, but it is wise to stack 95% Damage resistance to account for monster ArmorPen, which is typically 15% (when calculating your DR, you need to account for a Negation if you own one and your Armor Class, which is 0.5% DR per AC.).

As a SM Tac, I personally use the Dancing Shield. 3x Defense Slots, belts, and the second best debuff of any companion in the game (-20% defense debuff. Only one better is Ambush Drake). Only downside is how the shield has stupid amounts of aggro, many times, the boss loves thie shield more than me...

I would also recommend the Priestess of Seahine Moonbow (Bahamut Pack), since she has 3x Defense slots, doesn't steal your aggro, and has a nice Crit boost for the team. Just know that she attacks super slowly and she will kill your team if a SW applies Tyrannical Curse (last time this happened to me was in Mod9, it might have been fixed).
    zman81420 said:

@hypervoreian I have only one companion that offers much damage increase active which is the epic fire archon. I have a epic pseudo dragon, epic rust monster, rare active con artist for his debuff attack and legendary portal hound for stat gain.

I feel that the Pseudodragon is kind of a waste. I used to use one myself, but as @grimah's GF Compendium notes, the Pseudodragon only refills 1% of your stamina per hit (not fun for GFs, since we attack rather slowly). I feel that you're likely better off with another pet that fits your playstyle, like the Air Archon for more damage. As it is your character, you are free to continue using the Pseudodragon though.

Since he was clearly referring to a dr debuff. Also, it is not a flat 5% damage increase, it adds with other dr debuffs and is only a 5% increase assuming it is the only dr debuff applied.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Me : "it is a 5% damage increase.You challenge that? You wanna a bet? "

Sharp : "As I said, it is an increase of 5% effectiveness"....... ha ha ha ....:P :) \o/

----------------------

"Oh btw, you should respec out of protector since your capstone doesn't work."

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha :):) lollllllll ;) ..that's what your buddies told you Sharp?That's what you assumed?That i specced into a prot to tank FBI??...

No bro..I am still Conq...watch the RA stacks in the video :P :P

• Options
    edited October 2016

Sharp : "As I said, it is an increase of 5% effectiveness"....... ha ha ha ....:P :) \o/

I was challenging the fact that you stated it was an 8% debuff, assuming that you knew the difference between damage debuffs, dr debuffs, defense debuffs, multiplier debuffs and buffs. Buffs are multiplicative, multiplier debuffs are multiplicative, dr debuffs are additive with other dr debuffs as well as base effectiveness and multiplicative with other debuffs. Defense debuffs are multiplicative with base effectiveness, add with other defense debuffs and are mitigated by RI either once or twice (or 3 times in T3 content.) Damage debuffs work weirdly depending on the damage debuffs used.

But hey, do continue to define something that adds with other dr debuffs as a buff, which multiply with everything ^^
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    ...."Buffs are multiplicative, multiplier debuffs are multiplicative, dr debuffs are additive with other dr debuffs as well as base effectiveness "

blah blah blah ..you were telling them wrong untill Janne corrected you!! ROLFMAo stop lecturing ,you were wrong for years :)

{ Me : "it is a 5% damage increase.You challenge that? You wanna a bet? "

Sharp : "As I said, it is an increase of 5% effectiveness" }

^^^^^^^^^^

please stay in your library.....
  • Options
    edited October 2016

...."Buffs are multiplicative, multiplier debuffs are multiplicative, dr debuffs are additive with other dr debuffs as well as base effectiveness "

blah blah blah ..you were telling them wrong untill Janne corrected you!! ROLFMAo stop lecturing ,you were wrong for years :)

Janne, had very little to do with it, see here:
    micky1p00 said:

I have the sets, and for all I care, the set bonus can be removed from the game. But:

Please enough with the "nerf other classes" "nerf things I don't have" the entire forum full of nerf all things. While when someone dares to suggest that we need harder content there is an outcry...

Also price is not an indicator of OP, or if judging by that half of the old transmutes should have crazy buff debuf.
    Price is an indicator of demand and supply, and that is for actual sales, not listings, with VIP is can list an 1" pole for 10 mil, doesn't mean anyone will by it or that it's useful.

And finally, the sets have a 'small' trade off, called no HP, playing with 40k HP is not always as easy as it sounds. You can reffer to all the posts about things too hard when people have 100k HP.
    So cutting your HP for about 60% for 30% damage buff suddenly sounds rather reasonable.

Small side note

So you end up with damage*Σ Debuffs*Σ Buffs.

I believe it should be: damage * Πbuffs * Πdebuffs or the numbers would have been much lower.

Followed by:

micky1p00 said:

I have the sets, and for all I care, the set bonus can be removed from the game. But:

Please enough with the "nerf other classes" "nerf things I don't have" the entire forum full of nerf all things. While when someone dares to suggest that we need harder content there is an outcry...

Also price is not an indicator of OP, or if judging by that half of the old transmutes should have crazy buff debuf.
    Price is an indicator of demand and supply, and that is for actual sales, not listings, with VIP is can list an 1" pole for 10 mil, doesn't mean anyone will by it or that it's useful.

And finally, the sets have a 'small' trade off, called no HP, playing with 40k HP is not always as easy as it sounds. You can reffer to all the posts about things too hard when people have 100k HP.
    So cutting your HP for about 60% for 30% damage buff suddenly sounds rather reasonable.

Small side note

So you end up with damage*Σ Debuffs*Σ Buffs.

I believe it should be: damage * Πbuffs * Πdebuffs or the numbers would have been much lower.

@micky1p00 I decided to check it as I trust your opinion and here is what I found: You are right about the buffs, but wrong about the debuffs. It seems we have both learned something here.

Here is a screenshot of testing HV+HP:

The 30% was when only the HP was applied, the 60% was when both was applied. I made sure they were the only buffs and debuffs in the test. I did not video what I was testing and if you want me to i can repeat the same test on some random monster to illustrate and video it, but debuffs are certainly added and not multiplied. (well, at least the 2 in the test definitely are) If they were multiplied, the expected effectiveness would be 169%.

As for buffs, I took the minimum and maximum damage on the tooltip of steal time to check and found the following:

Base: 6186 - 7423
    ITF: 8042 - 9650
    Chaotic Fury: 8234 - 9880
    Chaotic Fury + ITF: 10776 - 12930

Which is what you would expect if they multiplied rather than added. This method is not entirely satisfactory and I would have preferred to have actually done some long term smashing, but it will do for now. I am not certain if it is just those 2 buffs that multiply, or if all buffs multiply, either way, I think at this point, the interactions between all buffs and debuffs should probably be rechecked. I will get to that at some point. What it looks like from brief testing though, is it is:

Damage* ΣDebuffs* Πbuffs.

In this thread.

This lead to this comment here:

@thefabricant Sure, tomorrow I'll do some tests and I'll pm you the results.

EDIT: corrected "addictive" with "additive" XD

Accurate, if not what you were trying to convey.
    Ah ah, true that!
    Which lead to a long series of tests, mostly done by Michela, which I was somewhat involved in. Turns out, we were both wrong, but it wasn't Janne who did the testing and figured out where we were wrong.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

Sharp : "As I said, it is an increase of 5% effectiveness" ..................

------------------------------------

"I was challenging the fact that you stated ......."

I stated that Rust Monster is a must companion and besides its active bonus (3x5) ,in rank 30,it also lowers damage taken by 8% and increases damage taken by +5 %.

you came here thought of it like it is your library forums and you tried to play smart and arrogant as always.And the result was....

Sharp :"keep testing by reading tooltips"

Me :"it is a 5% damage increase.You challenge that? You wanna a bet?....Let the rust monster use corrosion at rank 30.Hit one att will.Open your freakin ACT.Now tell me the effectiveness for freakin god's sake..isn't it +5%"

Sharp tone :"keep testing by reading tooltips"

Sharp usesACT "......Looks like 5%........As I said, it is an increase of 5% effectiveness"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

conclusion is yours dear forumers.....

• Options
    edited October 2016

Sharp : "As I said, it is an increase of 5% effectiveness" ..................

That wasn't what you said, what you said was this:

^^^^

Anri and Zman:

-8% debuff" ,+5% buff.

I coloured and bolded the important part. There is no 5% buff, there is a 5% dr debuff.

And even if you did say that, it is wrong, since it is ONLY a 5% damage increase assuming there are no other DR debuffs present.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    How you would categiorize the -8% damage taken?Of corrosion effect?

"it is wrong, since it is ONLY a 5% damage increase assuming there are no other DR"

You keep telling this pile of BS all the time.

By your methodology nothing could have a clear value since we have to take into account the obstruct and undefined of "other" buffs.Which we do not know them,and their percentage and their sequence executed.

You said this concerning the three stacks of bane into a target ,declining that it was a 30% damage increase .(lol) cause in a well played party ' Bane boosts around 9% " LMAO

How people still take you seriously is beyond me.

To compare or define something you isolate it and observe it acting alone.that is the definition of experiment and result.
    you break all the laws bro
  • Options
    edited October 2016

How you would categiorize the -8% damage taken?Of corrosion effect?

"it is wrong, since it is ONLY a 5% damage increase assuming there are no other DR"

You keep telling this pile of BS all the time.

By your methodology nothing could have a clear value since we have to take into account the obstruct and undefined of "other" buffs.Which we do not know them,and their percentage and their sequence executed.

You said this concerning the three stacks of bane into a target ,declining that it was a 30% damage increase .(lol) cause in a well played party ' Bane boosts around 9% " LMAO

How people still take you seriously is beyond me.

To compare or define something you isolate it and observe it acting alone.that is the definition of experiment and result.
    you break all the laws bro

Damage Debuff, since it debuffs the damage dealt. Buffs are positive status effects that apply on your character.

The reason I said "only when no other debuffs are present" is because that is the condition for it to be 5%. HG, a buff, is always 40% on the condition that it is at rank 4. It multiplies, which means it will always provide the full benefit. Tell me, in a realistic party situation, how often do you run with only 1 debuff? Hmmmm, probably never? In those party situations, adding an extra debuff is not increasing the party dps by the listed value unless it is a multiplier debuff or the only debuff within it's category.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    " How you would categiorize the -8% damage taken?Of corrosion effect?

Damage Debuff"

Now please defy rust monsters abilities and separate them in a phrase using buff/debuff terms :smile:

-8% damage taken +5% damage increase

----------------------------

"Tell me, in a realistic"
    -define realistic.what do you mean realistic,what composition,what IL ,what companions what setup,what gameplay level of the players involved ,and their system/connection latency

"...party situation"
    -define situation.???

"how often "
    -define often.Compared to what????Another party?which is that partys composition,companions ,IL members ,and gameplay expertiese?

All good what you say but in that road you will never compare and judge affects,except you would do that or not,
    DEPENDING IF THE RESULTS SUIT YOUR AGENDA.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

" How you would categiorize the -8% damage taken?Of corrosion effect?

Damage Debuff"

Now please defy rust monsters abilities and separate them in a phrase using buff/debuff terms :smile:

-8% damage taken +5% damage increase

Maybe ask @micky1p00 to explain this to you, since she will agree with me and I don't see any point in further discussing something with someone who cannot hold a constructive conversation without resorting to insulting the other person.

At the end of the day, your post format makes it difficult to read anything you write, your understanding is flawed and your terminology is bad.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    "At the end of the day, your post format makes it difficult to read anything you write, your understanding is flawed and your terminology is bad. "

I would wish to see you debate in greek ,my language and not yours,english is my second language.Let's see how many words you could write.

My format is fine ,who understands,understands.

in the end....a conclusion..

----------------------------------

Sharp : "I was challenging the fact that you stated ......."

me : I stated that Rust Monster is a must companion and besides its active bonus (3x5) ,in rank 30,it also lowers damage taken by 8% and increases damage taken by +5 %.

Sharp :"keep testing by reading tooltips"

Me :"it is a 5% damage increase.You challenge that? You wanna a bet?....Let the rust monster use corrosion at rank 30.Hit one att will.Open your freakin ACT.Now tell me the effectiveness for freakin god's sake..isn't it +5%"

Sharp tone :"keep testing by reading tooltips"

Sharp uses ACT "......Looks like 5%........As I said, it is an increase of 5% effectiveness"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Goodbye Sharp!!!!!! o/ o/ \o/ c u buddy

Edit:
    i enjoyed reading your QQ thread in the "other" forum ,about me ;)

" I don't see any point in further discussing" ..go there to discuss :)

Edit2:

"someone who cannot hold a constructive conversation without resorting to insulting the other person."

Speaks the one with his buddies reported me en masse,and made a whole thread into the "other" forum ,with my name to it.Also a person that has me on ignore.That amount of hypocricy is beyond the height of mount Everest

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    Ok, that's enough. If there's still issues to be solved, start a fresh thread. Flaming each other back and forth on this matter isn't going to go anywhere productive.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
This discussion has been closed.