test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Please stop saying this game is free to play when its NOT.

2»

Comments

• Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited October 2016

ace#9545 said:

TRUE STORY:

I went to a "Free Dinner" one time.
    When I got there they gave me a piece of chicken, a baked potato, and a roll.
    I was happy, and was eating my "free dinner".

Then I noticed this other table was filled with people whose plates held a steak, mashed potatoes, baked corn, baked beans, and a whole basket of dinner-rolls.

I politely asked one of the servers: "Why is that table having different food than us?"
    The server replied: "Because they are supplying (paid for) this free meal for us all, and have also paid for their own special meals."

I then went over to that table, and thanked them for my dinner.

Moral of the story:

You are sometimes the one needing a free dinner, and sometimes you are the one giving a free dinner...but, at least everybody gets to eat. ;)

Funny, the moral I got was: "If it were not for people like the OP spending money, the people bashing him wouldn't have a game to play." Remember that next time ya'll decide to pile on someone for buying zen.
    Buying zen isn't the issue.
    In fact I believe I thanked him for that.

The piling on is for the b****ing being put forth for not getting preferential treatment, and /or not understanding how odds work.

Ie, his situation is his own fault, but he is, loudly, blaming the company.
    That's why I said what I did.
  • Options
    ace#9545 ace Member Posts: 39 Arc User

ace#9545 said:

TRUE STORY:

I went to a "Free Dinner" one time.
    When I got there they gave me a piece of chicken, a baked potato, and a roll.
    I was happy, and was eating my "free dinner".

Then I noticed this other table was filled with people whose plates held a steak, mashed potatoes, baked corn, baked beans, and a whole basket of dinner-rolls.

I politely asked one of the servers: "Why is that table having different food than us?"
    The server replied: "Because they are supplying (paid for) this free meal for us all, and have also paid for their own special meals."

I then went over to that table, and thanked them for my dinner.

Moral of the story:

You are sometimes the one needing a free dinner, and sometimes you are the one giving a free dinner...but, at least everybody gets to eat. ;)

Funny, the moral I got was: "If it were not for people like the OP spending money, the people bashing him wouldn't have a game to play." Remember that next time ya'll decide to pile on someone for buying zen.
    Firstly, I have spent well over $600(US) over two accounts for this game...so far.
    (I decided I hated the name on my old PSN account, and started a new one.)
    On average I spend between $50 to $150 a month on gaming.
    I spend it because it's mine, and I can do what I want with it. :)

Secondly, where did I "pile on somebody"?
    If anything the last line of my post said exactly what you just said...without some people paying then nobody gets anything.

Third, and last, I honestly do not see anybody "bashing" anybody in this thread.
    And, I am pretty sure if any "bashing" were going on a Mod would have been in here by now.
    It is perfectly fine to "discuss" things.
    And, just because there will always be different opinions on things doesn't mean that people are being "bashed".
    Is the world getting so bad that even just having a different opinion than somebody else now hurts people's feelings?
    I think it's time for me to "check out"...if this is the world we live in now.
    (Yes, I am old. And, I do remember a time when people could talk to each other, even argue, without all this "PC"/hurt-feelings bull.)

¤¤¤ Wyld Pyrates ¤¤¤

Mature, Respectful, Committed, and SOCIAL Players...
    ...who have a major ARRRRRRsenal!

Check Us Out At: www.Pyrates.Boards.Net

PSN : Ace-Wyld ¤¤¤ FaceBook : Ace Wyld
    YouTube : Ace Wyld (NWO Guild Feature Videos Coming Soon)
  • Options
    kbittner78kbittner78 Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'll never understand why people both in-game and on the forums will continue to say the game is not free to play.

Perfect World and Cryptic Studios have made no false advertisement of this game in anyway.

You were able to download the game from the PlayStation Store at a cost of 0 dollars, pounds, euros or whatever currency your country uses. Guess what, thats FREE.

You were able to log into the game, create a character and play to your hearts contant for the low cost of, you guessed it, 0 dollars, pounds, euros or whatever currency your country uses. I see a pattern here...that is also FREE.

Yes there is a zen market where an individual may if they wish to, spend real money in exchange for in-game goods and/or services.

But at no time did you buy the game and/or the ability to play it as well.

Hence the name, wait for it....."FREE TO PLAY".
  • Options
    harryk#3230 harryk Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    That true.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    Whether the game is free to play or pay to win is a debate that has existed since the game even went into Open Beta.
    Quite honestly I am sure that unless nothing was charged at all then somebody would find cause to say it was.

What gets me is that the "glorious" subscription games have all but switched to being Freemium and offer their own in game stores as well which in truth are no different than what you will find in any actual Free to Play title...with an added subscription cost to boot.

I can understand and get behind arguments requesting price reductions, changing certain items from Zen to AD or even telling them certain features should not need a Zen or AD to unlock...

But whether or not the game is Pay to Win is too subjective and results in circular debates such as this. Bring on the specific feedback about specific pricing and options without arguing the semantics of Pay to Win definition please. :)
This discussion has been closed.