test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PS4] Server down again (third time in 24 hours)

xz8xxz8x Member Posts: 9 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Sigh.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    I have confirmation that the server is not down. Can you please tell me what region of the world you are located in?

Edit - Got confirmation that the login server for PS4 is down. Notifying someone of this issue. Those that are logged in are not affected by this as far as I can tell.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    eddydegamer#1556 eddydegamer Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    australia. It's not working for me, just says waiting for account sever response
  • Options
    rudakusrudakus Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Tells me "a network issue has occurred. The system was unable to connect to the server. Please try again. "

My network is currently fine downloading the cod beta on ps4 just not neverwinter.
  • Options
    leiares#8894 leiares Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    In Argentina I have the same issue..
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    I have people notifying the devs about this. Sorry for the inconvenience. My updates may be slow in coming, but I will try to keep everyone updated as much as I can.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    psichotykwyrmpsichotykwyrm Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Same problem, North America region.
  • Options
    jarfrjarfr Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    According to downdetector, it looks like the entire midwest and northeast U.S. is involved. Can't log in to PSN. Really awesome. I haven't been able to play this game consistently this week for one stupid reason or another.
  • Options
    kadamsy1#2692 kadamsy1 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    rudakus said:

Tells me "a network issue has occurred. The system was unable to connect to the server. Please try again. "

My network is currently fine downloading the cod beta on ps4 just not neverwinter.

same and i'm in the U.K
  • Options
    Ok - so this may be a PSN issue and not just Neverwinter specific. Forwarded that info.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    wulf#5119 wulf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    They're saying they fixed it but I'm still getting the dns error. Ideas?
  • Options
    The issue should be resolved now. I don't know what DNS error you are talking about, @wulf#5119.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    ophelia#3979 ophelia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I just saw the issue today. It's the Playstation Network Servers. Thought it's was Neverwinter yet again. This time it's the PSN adding to Neverwinter's previous issue. Servers are down Worldwide.
  • Options
    wulf#5119 wulf Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    My bad I think I was confusing the other error with the current (apparent) psn-side error
  • Options
    finnthehuman81#7385 finnthehuman81 Member Posts: 237 Arc User
    This is a psn problem, can't log into anything on psn
  • Options
    ophelia#3979 ophelia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Hackers are the worst people in the world. They're corrupted in almost everything you can think off. Line up and shot is the answer, or publicly put on display and made fun of for 24hrs. If they refuse or decide to continue server spying and manipulation then they should be shot on the spot.
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    DDOS attack on Sony, something to do with EA releasing Battlefield 1

Nothing to do with Neverwinter directly
  • Options
    A major DNS provider, Dyn, got DDoSed this morning, causing massive outages across several major networks - PSN, Xbox, Spotify, Twitter, Reddit - a LOT of stuff was effected. That was the reason for this morning's outage. It should be fixed now (hopefully).
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User

Hackers are the worst people in the world. They're corrupted in almost everything you can think off. Line up and shot is the answer, or publicly put on display and made fun of for 24hrs. If they refuse or decide to continue server spying and manipulation then they should be shot on the spot.

Not that simple, watch the Anonymous hacker group videos on youtube, it's more about trying to bring down the global elite....than just a video game thing

• Options
    Yes, I think it's a ddos attack, I never complained much on ps3, when it was free but now that I pay for online service it's iritatating .
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User

Not that simple, watch the Anonymous hacker group videos on youtube, it's more about trying to bring down the global elite....than just a video game thing

Against bank, large corporations, and government entities that would make sense.
    Against gaming services only just gamers.

And I can't speak for all of us, but I'm certainly not a global elite, not even close.
    Taking down gaming servers doesn't hurt the companies because gamers are still gonna game.

It's just take a big HAMSTER on us little guys.
  • Options
    Lol, taking down the global elite? Ha, no it's just a bunch of punk kids
  • Options
    baronvonheller#7081 baronvonheller Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    The global DNS problems have been resolved, according to DYN. Yet, PS4 Neverwinter players are still unable to consistently login or stay logged in.

At some point, Cryptic will have to stop pointing fingers at everybody else and take some responsibility for breaking the game with the Storm King update.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Yes, I think it's a ddos attack, I never complained much on ps3, when it was free but now that I pay for online service it's iritatating .

You only need to pay for PS+ if you buy the game. If the game is free, you don't need PS+.

For instance Neverwinter, DCUO, Warframe and many other free multiple player games do not require PS+.

ESO, CoD, Battlefield and other pay to have games you need PS+.

So pay attention to what you play and if you don't need PS+ don't pay for it. I pay for PS+ for the FREE monthly games. I loved playing Transformers this month.

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

The global DNS problems have been resolved, according to DYN. Yet, PS4 Neverwinter players are still unable to consistently login or stay logged in.

At some point, Cryptic will have to stop pointing fingers at everybody else and take some responsibility for breaking the game with the Storm King update.

I cannot even access key feature of the PlayStation such as the PS Store, neither on the PC or the PS4. Surely that has nothing to do with Neverwinter...

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator

Against bank, large corporations, and government entities that would make sense.
    Against gaming services only just gamers.

And I can't speak for all of us, but I'm certainly not a global elite, not even close.
    Taking down gaming servers doesn't hurt the companies because gamers are still gonna game.

It's just take a big HAMSTER on us little guys.
    Check the news, they're taking down service providers. So yeah, that will interrupt any network traffic that goes through those networks.

• Options
    daimon15#2536 daimon15 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Yep, is not neverwiner this time, but is working for me right now. Was not, like 10min ago.