test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Runic Lockbox????

Thought we was getting the lion king box? I'm confused.

Comments

• orb#6141 orb Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    The announcement says Firemane. Are you in the game and getting Runic ones?
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Runic ones comes with Mod 10 and the Lionmane came with alliance update. PS4 is getting both so it is no surprise if we get the Mod 10 Runic LB.

• bobcat1313bobcat1313 Member Posts: 1,089 Arc User
    Yeah Runic in game now ps4
    I'm a sad little pally :neutral:
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're turning the Firemane Lockbox on in conjunction with it! More news later.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Ok, Thank you Slinger Magee!!!!
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're making the Firemane Lockbox available tomorrow and removing the Runic as well. The Runic will return in early November.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• fatkidhatchets#8425 fatkidhatchets Member Posts: 81 Arc User
    I was pretty certain Firemane Lockbox was coming with this DLC why skip to runic?
  • drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    This is so stupid. It's like nothing went right with this update.
  • thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    Here is a crazy idea, just drop all the lockboxes all the time. I am getting tired of all the false scarcity in this game.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Scarcity? I have over 999 of each of the last 2 lock boxes, I'd hardly call that scarce.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

Scarcity? I have over 999 of each of the last 2 lock boxes, I'd hardly call that scarce.

Scarcity of the contents, not the boxes. Do you play PS4? If so you know what I am talking about.
    You mean my 12 some days of professions packs in a row? Yup lol
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• gromcall#8760 gromcall Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Only 12 Days pfff try 25 in a row so far... Vip isn''t worth all these proffesion kits :neutral:
  • dukeguard#8158 dukeguard Member Posts: 106 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Regardless of the different variant of lockboxes there's just no incentive to grind AD for VIP (let alone spend money buying VIP) knowing that 99% of the time you're guaranteed garbage. And with each new lockbox we pick up and stack the odds just keeps piling up like 0.000000000000001% chance we will see anything decent. With 1 free key per day most of us will never see our dream drop in a lifetime. I'm not about to blow a couple of thousand dollars to play with random. Just no. It's a sickening experience really.

And if the cost of zen goes up to 400 then 500 good luck in keeping the free player base. There's need to incentivise players for all the day in day out incessant grind just to make enough AD to buy VIP then get 30 days of junk.
    Post edited by dukeguard#8158 on
  • hartrek#9713 hartrek Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Well, it's not like the game is no fun at all without your orange mount, right? Just saying.
    Gáleah Elóthanil  Female Sun Elf CW 70 2500
    Hartrek Runemaster Male  Dwarf  GF 70 2300
    Faeruil  Female Drow  TR 70 1600
    edited October 2016

Only 12 Days pfff try 25 in a row so far... Vip isn''t worth all these proffesion kits :neutral:

I went from Mid August to almost the last day of September before I got something that was not a professional packs.

Yeah profession packs are probably the item that has the highest % of dropping.

If you are after the legendary pack that is a 1 in 6,000 chance to get it or statically it is a 0.001.6% chance of getting the legendary pack.

I imagine the profession pack has a very high chance dropping meaning you are most likely going to get that over anything else. From there if you do get one of the packs there are additional odds to get a good item from it. Getting any item is random in the LB.

You don't need to spend more than a membership to get some good stuff but the more keys you have the better your odds are due to the laws of probability. This means the more money you spend the high % chance you have at getting good items. Though it will cost you in the hundreds if not thousands of dollars to finally get the good items.

Well I'm not here for the Simba, even though I would take him in a heartbeat, My artifact drops in this lock box which means the price will go down. I've run Kessel run about 200+ times and still haven't gotten it, and since they are changing the way treasure chest keys work I will never get that artifact legit. I hate rng I have about 40 keys saved up waiting in this lock box, I use VIP and any 40% key coupons. I know I still won't get my artifact, but like I said above the price will go down on it.

This game has some amazing features and some really HAMSTER ones, I hope they can smash out some of the HAMSTER ones and improve the game. I really think neverwinter will open the eyes for future MMOs that play like this. Atleast I hope.
    The good news is that yesterday I DIDN'T get a professions pack... I got a companion something or other pack and it actually had something useful in it - a bonding runestone! Well there went all my luck on this game for the rest of 2016, lol.

ravenskya said:

The good news is that yesterday I DIDN'T get a professions pack... I got a companion something or other pack and it actually had something useful in it - a bonding runestone! Well there went all my luck on this game for the rest of 2016, lol.

ROFLMAO
  • frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Not that I want the hate, or the jinx, what I get a prof pack maybe once a week.
    And my wife managed to pull a mount choice pack and get her Stag mount from the glorious box.
  • grendlerose#7658 grendlerose Member Posts: 97 Arc User

Not that I want the hate, or the jinx, what I get a prof pack maybe once a week.
    And my wife managed to pull a mount choice pack and get her Stag mount from the glorious box.

i would have sent my wife to her moms for a month and totally stole that mount.

Well I'm not here for the Simba, even though I would take him in a heartbeat, My artifact drops in this lock box which means the price will go down. I've run Kessel run about 200+ times and still haven't gotten it, and since they are changing the way treasure chest keys work I will never get that artifact legit. I hate rng I have about 40 keys saved up waiting in this lock box, I use VIP and any 40% key coupons. I know I still won't get my artifact, but like I said above the price will go down on it.

This game has some amazing features and some really HAMSTER ones, I hope they can smash out some of the HAMSTER ones and improve the game. I really think neverwinter will open the eyes for future MMOs that play like this. Atleast I hope.

The lionmane LB is an excellent Legendary mount for a Paladin or DC healers. The benefits of the mount screams HEALER all over it. It is sad that we cannot buy these mounts in the MP. I know I would drop some money on a mount I want vs. random keys that could give me 20 profession packs in a row. It is why I am not buying keys anymore or converting AD into Zen to buy keys. Instead I simply save up my AD and buy what I want in the AH.

i would have sent my wife to her moms for a month and totally stole that mount.
    Yeah well, I value my accounts, and saves, and well... Comfortable sleep.

My wife isn't a YouTube gamer chick. She's a true in the blood gamer.
    With a gamers wrath.
    So yeah, no, not even a moments thought on that one.
    You should see her play pvp in destiny...

And I love her for it.
    Drives me to do better.

Besides, yesterday I got a demon sled.
    Not quite as valuable, but still.

Yeah well, I value my accounts, and saves, and well... Comfortable sleep.

My wife isn't a YouTube gamer chick. She's a true in the blood gamer.
    With a gamers wrath.
    So yeah, no, not even a moments thought on that one.
    You should see her play pvp in destiny...

And I love her for it.
    Drives me to do better.

Besides, yesterday I got a demon sled.
    Not quite as valuable, but still.

Two gamers in one house can be both a blessing and a curse - yesterday my man got an artifact weapon choice pack... he'd already done the moat farming on all of his characters... He wants to sell it for AD - I want it for my Pally... this battle shall continue lol

The lionmane LB is an excellent Legendary mount for a Paladin or DC healers. The benefits of the mount screams HEALER all over it. It is sad that we cannot buy these mounts in the MP. I know I would drop some money on a mount I want vs. random keys that could give me 20 profession packs in a row. It is why I am not buying keys anymore or converting AD into Zen to buy keys. Instead I simply save up my AD and buy what I want in the AH.
    I would love to buy it for real money!!! lol I drop 20 bucks like every other month on a 20 pack of keys, I have VIP and I use every 40% coupon, but I don't save up AD to get keys. Until another game catches my eye like Trove :smile: or Blizzard ever makes a dumbed down WoW game for consoles.

I can't play PC games anymore since I broke my hand few years back controllers for some reason don't bother it that well, so looks like its me and Neverwinter and not getting fat loots for a long... long time!!!!

• zheng#6107 zheng Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    frostree share your wife?

frostree share your wife?

Not for all the diamonds in neverwinter.
    She's amazing.
    And her competitive nature, and her bloody rng luck, drives me to do better.

Hell, in destiny, she had her fourth Gally before I even got one.

I would love to buy it for real money!!! lol I drop 20 bucks like every other month on a 20 pack of keys, I have VIP and I use every 40% coupon, but I don't save up AD to get keys. Until another game catches my eye like Trove :smile: or Blizzard ever makes a dumbed down WoW game for consoles.

I can't play PC games anymore since I broke my hand few years back controllers for some reason don't bother it that well, so looks like its me and Neverwinter and not getting fat loots for a long... long time!!!!

ravenskya said:

Two gamers in one house can be both a blessing and a curse - yesterday my man got an artifact weapon choice pack... he'd already done the moat farming on all of his characters... He wants to sell it for AD - I want it for my Pally... this battle shall continue lol

Indeed.
    That demon Sled I mentioned, I sold it, she's not happy.
    But then I reminded her I bought her skeleton dog companion, gave her my first negation enchant as her primary is a pally, and bought her first 3 months vip.
    Her reply? You're right, and you still suck.
    edited October 2016
    poo