What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Dark Revelry?

2»

Comments

• Options
    whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Worry about losing PoP buff when stepping out of the circle is really minor, since the recast is so short. Just get in the habit of casting it in the right rotation: PoP then whatever other encounter. Then you're free to move. Either get back to the circle for the next encounter cast, or most encounters have longer recast than PoP so it will be up again anyway. Losing PoP buff for some at-wills is more than made up for by Dark Revelry buff.

Arms of Hadar are the only one I can think of that would be up before PoP. At least, amongst the encounters with using.

FB, KF, WB, HG, BoVA, DT... all have longer recast than PoP.

Side note on DR stacking: I am finding it hard to test, is so rare (for me) to group with another SW who's running it. The big events always have so much cross buffing going on it's annoying picking out individual effects :( I'll have to take your word for it.
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    @whyrat pop (:P) me at game we can test it together :)
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    whyrat said:

Worry about losing PoP buff when stepping out of the circle is really minor, since the recast is so short. Just get in the habit of casting it in the right rotation: PoP then whatever other encounter. Then you're free to move. Either get back to the circle for the next encounter cast, or most encounters have longer recast than PoP so it will be up again anyway. Losing PoP buff for some at-wills is more than made up for by Dark Revelry buff.

Arms of Hadar are the only one I can think of that would be up before PoP. At least, amongst the encounters with using.

Side note on DR stacking: I am finding it hard to test, is so rare (for me) to group with another SW who's running it. The big events always have so much cross buffing going on it's annoying picking out individual effects :( I'll have to take your word for it.

If u get in party with other HB. Even if he don't have Damnations: Power of nine H3ll feat, He still buff you.

I am temptation PoP is one of main encounter I use. So if other HB SW get in party, I suggest him to replace his PoP to any other offensive encounter or CC or whatever, and PoP matter leave to me.
    Also 2 HB warlocks can come with kinda nice strategy when fights orcus.
    One warlock dash near orcus, drop PoP and dash back in safe range. While second one stay in range and buff both SW's with his PoP.
    Mostly when I where in such situation, I preferred my PoP use as debuffing orcus, because my one last longer.

Still if u have doubts or something, just write me mail in game...
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    @bloodyspamer legitimate points. And good ideas on multi-using PoP. For temptation builds you can keep Dark Revelry and Power of the Nine *Bells* since you grab DR in the temptation path anyway.

I'm still on SB build at the moment, with good TC use I find it more effective against single target, which is where it seems to matter to me. Trash clearing I give up about 15% effective DPS, but none of the trash clearing fights really matter, and as long as there's a second strong DPS it's not effecting run time.

Single target I'm seeing about 10% improved DPS (although, getting comparable numbers is difficult). This is (IMO) a good tradeoff as groups only have "real" risk on the bosses. So that's where I like to focus DPS maximization. I'm still on the fence if this is the optimal tradeoff though :/
  • Options
    mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    whyrat said:

@bloodyspamer legitimate points. And good ideas on multi-using PoP. For temptation builds you can keep Dark Revelry and Power of the Nine *Bells* since you grab DR in the temptation path anyway.

I'm still on SB build at the moment, with good TC use I find it more effective against single target, which is where it seems to matter to me. Trash clearing I give up about 15% effective DPS, but none of the trash clearing fights really matter, and as long as there's a second strong DPS it's not effecting run time.

Single target I'm seeing about 10% improved DPS (although, getting comparable numbers is difficult). This is (IMO) a good tradeoff as groups only have "real" risk on the bosses. So that's where I like to focus DPS maximization. I'm still on the fence if this is the optimal tradeoff though :/

Good points and it may be true. I'd try going back to SB again but honestly I need a break from that build after a year
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    mystoclesmystocles Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited October 2016

whyrat said:

If u get in party with other HB. Even if he don't have Damnations: Power of nine H3ll feat, He still buff you.

I am temptation PoP is one of main encounter I use. So if other HB SW get in party, I suggest him to replace his PoP to any other offensive encounter or CC or whatever, and PoP matter leave to me.
    Also 2 HB warlocks can come with kinda nice strategy when fights orcus.
    One warlock dash near orcus, drop PoP and dash back in safe range. While second one stay in range and buff both SW's with his PoP.
    Mostly when I where in such situation, I preferred my PoP use as debuffing orcus, because my one last longer.

Still if u have doubts or something, just write me mail in game...
    Does the other SW give up 50% of the buff in a case like this? or is POP buffing the party at a 100% ?
  • Options
    hadestemplar#9918 hadestemplar Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,176 Arc User
    mystocles said:

Does the other SW give up 50% of the buff in a case like this? or is POP buffing the party at a 100% ?

The other warlock do not lose anything.. He still have its PoP buff effective at 100% while he stand inside its effect area.

My suggested idea for 2 Hb's using own PoP against orcus is because there are not all HB's warlocks with damnations feat Power of nine h3ll. And without that feat PoP effect area last shorter.

So more less even if there would be full party of HB warlocks, if they all use PoP they all would provide 100% buff/debuff effect.
    But its not clear do it stack or not.. :)
    ========================================================================
    “The masses have never thirsted after truth. Whoever can supply them with illusions is easily their master; whoever attempts to destroy their illusions is always their victim.
    Gustave Le Bon.

==================================================
  • Options
    boothy#7543 boothy Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Is dark revelry still viable with like 5% LS chance? I would like the buff but may be better off slotting power of the nine h3lls if its not really gonna proc..

I have yet to get all the lifesteal boons to that
  • Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    5% LS is a pain playing this game, near impossible to enjoy.
    If I were you at level 70 running at 5% LS, I would slot darks in every defense slot and I would invest some time into Boons -->wall of dragons.
    In case you intend to improve Lifesteal you can use dark ones blessing (+10% LS) or prince of hell (HB) wich spends lifesteal+RI (+6 or 8 % each).
    On top take Soul Reaper and Hope Taker feat, in case you are Soulbinder go for vampiric sparks.
    Doing so you get above 20% LS infight and can run dark revelry...and enjoy the game

• Options
    @fernuu So I respecced yesterday when the new mod dropped and I love your DR build. Just wanted to say thanks, and yes, DR is boss.
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    xs13redxs13red Member Posts: 82 Arc User
    Respecced yesterday to hell/fury/revelry. So much more fun. Ran test with other locks-CN. damage before Orcas-
    2700 Hellbringer Fury revlery-90 mil
    3900 soulbinder fury 80 mil
    3000 soulbinder damnation 64 mil
    Dc and GF.
    Bosses take more time to melt.
    HELLBRINGER TEMPLOCK-DEMONEYE
    TR-SNE
    CW-ELIKIA-MOF T
    DC-BUFFY ON HEELZ-BUFF/DEBUFF
    GF-BAIT
    GWF-MEATHEAD
    HR-SPLIT NOCK
    XBOX ONE
  • Options
    bcbudz#8834 bcbudz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    To make this build simple can you make a complete item list, spell point list, boon list etc for this build to reach max dps for those completely respecing? Would be hugely appreciated to have a complete build list. I'm currently a soul binder but feel I have much more damage potential.
  • Options
    darthbane13#2662 darthbane13 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    I concur with bcbudz there, a complete build list would be great. Also, specifically for fernuus build, how important is the owlbear cub for the viability, DPS wise, of the HB fury build you posted? And currently on ps4 for myself and debating the use of the dread vs vorpal for a mod 10 SW, either SB fury or HB fury. Chime in as any advice would be appreciated. Lvl 70 here with 2/3 of all boons completed
  • Options
    bcbudz#8834 bcbudz Member Posts: 37 Arc User
    I feel a complete guide is necessary. Truth is you are famous now. This is the go to build on reddit, but you need to make it simple for dummies or us old folks.
  • Options
    I will try to make update and post it together with Daigotsu on his thread. It's pretty much covered there, only feats changed (to dark revelry).

@darthbane13 it's something around 20-30% extra damage.

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I concur with bcbudz there, a complete build list would be great. Also, specifically for fernuus build, how important is the owlbear cub for the viability, DPS wise, of the HB fury build you posted? And currently on ps4 for myself and debating the use of the dread vs vorpal for a mod 10 SW, either SB fury or HB fury. Chime in as any advice would be appreciated. Lvl 70 here with 2/3 of all boons completed

Dread is still the way to go with AoH spam. 50% crit severity boost on everything doesn't make up for 75% boost on AoH/KF/FB
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    mrshabok said:

Dread is still the way to go with AoH spam. 50% crit severity boost on everything doesn't make up for 75% boost on AoH/KF/FB
    Oh, haven't noticed that Dread vs Vorpal stuff. As @mrshabok said Dread is still way to go - you use encounters a lot and they're still 'spread' with TC while on the other hand, Vorpal would be useful only on at-wills and Gates of Hell (and maybe Spirits - dunno if it procs there but don't think so).

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    darthbane13#2662 darthbane13 Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    Much appreciated there gentlemen. It seems that I will be waiting till the lion lockbox comes out to get my hands on a dread. I know this is off the topic of DR, but any suggestions with respect to companions with the HB fury builds, since the owlbear cub is not available on ps4?
  • Options

Much appreciated there gentlemen. It seems that I will be waiting till the lion lockbox comes out to get my hands on a dread. I know this is off the topic of DR, but any suggestions with respect to companions with the HB fury builds, since the owlbear cub is not available on ps4?

I like air archon, fire archon, yeti, siege master, erinyes of belial
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options
    arministerarminister Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    fernuu said:

mrshabok said:

Oh, haven't noticed that Dread vs Vorpal stuff. As @mrshabok said Dread is still way to go - you use encounters a lot and they're still 'spread' with TC while on the other hand, Vorpal would be useful only on at-wills and Gates of Hell (and maybe Spirits - dunno if it procs there but don't think so).
    I went back to vorpal, I couldn't miss the extra severity on HR being such an important part of my DPS (I don't own an owlbear, anyone has a spare one?), and in my case I gained a bit of DPS. Maybe with a DC buffer on your party so you can spam encounters like they were free the Dread would be unbeatable.
  • Options

fernuu said:

mrshabok said:

I went back to vorpal, I couldn't miss the extra severity on HR being such an important part of my DPS (I don't own an owlbear, anyone has a spare one?), and in my case I gained a bit of DPS. Maybe with a DC buffer on your party so you can spam encounters like they were free the Dread would be unbeatable.
    Fair enough. If it works for you man go with it
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • Options

fernuu said:

mrshabok said:

On HR? :)

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    arministerarminister Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 24 Arc User
    fernuu said:

fernuu said:

mrshabok said:

On HR? :)
    Hellish Rebuke.
  • Options
    And how much of total damage is HR for you?

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    When I run Hellbringer , vorpal + HR= maindamage, like 25%+ as far as I remember, on single targes even more I think.
    Offhandfeat + Gatekeeper feat to max Dot, never using NPNM.
  • Options
    Quick test on solo dummy: 14% infantile + 11% rebuke vs. 13% rebuke

https://i.gyazo.com/de22a722726809fb21d295743c5f2dec.png
    https://i.gyazo.com/2b221472f4f418f32538d93d7dfc8bd6.png

Will test later on some bigger mobs that can actually stand for a little more

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    +600% effectivness and KF with 2 mio average damage, that´s what about 95% of the warlocks don´t deal with this encounter i would assume
    I never achieved 900% effectivness on a dummy, 400%+ maybe. I guess there are some factors that count into this and make a difference like demon lords set, maybe some more.