test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

GWF for returning founder

otzbergerotzberger Member Posts: 9 Arc User
Hi all. I played for a while after release but for whatever reason, I stopped and all but forgot about the game. Now I'm back (on a maintenance day, no less) and was wondering where should I start? I have a 22 TR and a 5(?) GWF and I will be soloing PVE for the most part. Sadly, my mount and companions are on the TR character, so I'll have to start from scratch on the GWF. I'm not up-to-speed on what expansions have come (or even what is in the free-to-play category), but for a new starting out GWF, are there any tips or tricks? I know it's a broad range here, but any tips or advice that can be provided is greatly appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    Have a look at rinat's guide here in the forums, that will tell you how to build your gwf. On the way up to lv 60 just follow the story line. At lv 60 start working on the Maze engine and dwarven king quest lines and start leveling in the Elemental evil areas as well. that will get you to lv 70 right quick.

For gear as you level, just use whatever drops. focus on armor pen crit and power/lifesteal IMO. The only item you might want to buy from the AH once you hit lv 60/lv 63+ is a weapon. get a blue one, they are cheap, like 500 AD and possible boost in weapon damage could be very helpful
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    otzbergerotzberger Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Thank you
  • Options
    cesoso55cesoso55 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    Following the story line will give you some rewards from campaign but taking advantage from quests from events for leveling up to lvl 60 seems much faster, then you can retake low level campaigns and do it faster as a higher level. I suggest to buy the guard drake as the first purple mount that gives power and protectors camaraderie both useful for your Tr and gwf and will be on sale (only need to buy one and it unlocks on all your account chars). take the lantern of revelation as the free artifact when you reach that quest. Ensorcelled mulhorand greatsword is the best for leveling and relative cheap in the auction house. As for leveling armor and equipment something that gives hitpoints and life steal will be cool and use the apprentise healer companion as free companion while leveling.
  • Options
    sunshine#4356 sunshine Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    > @cesoso55 said:
    > Ensorcelled mulhorand greatsword is the best for leveling and relative cheap in the auction house. As for leveling armor and equipment something that gives hitpoints and life steal will be cool

Returning player here. I wanted to make a thread about ensorcelled gear but I can't yet, so I'm replying to something related.

Well, to be honest I'm really not that impressed with my ensorcelled gear. Important stats like damage crit arp and power are less than what you get from even a blue item. I just spend 200k AD on all 3 items because I remembered I should get those. So I never bothered to check. I mean who thinks of comparing an epic to a blue! Maybe later on they'll be better but right now (level 47) I do better with blue gear.

For leveling armor I never choose hitpoints or lifesteal. The numbers are too low early on. I only focus on Power, crit and arp, and I never ever died doing quests. Only at daily dungeon/skirmish if I mess up or the party sucks, but that's normal for everyone.

ps. Sorry, quoting doesn't seem to work
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    The ensorcelled get better as you level up. At level 70 they are still about equal to a purple artifact weapon. At least about equal the the fire weapon you get at end of EE campaign, at purple rank.
  • Options
    sunshine#4356 sunshine Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    That's good to know. Thx.
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    That's good to know. Thx.

Most of the scaling gear doesn't have the best stat distribution., but they'll nearly allways have the best damage and thats the single most important value on your weapons, a few hundred power/crit/e.t.c don't really matter against that.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin