test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Bag space....again...

micky1p00micky1p00 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,594 Arc User
edited October 2016 in Player Feedback (PC)
Not to mention the regular bags with fish, and RP....

The profession resources bag is always full, with MW stuff, mod10 stuff and old random stuff I need to juggle things to mail and alts. Totally not usable.

Same with profession assets, MW white tools can't be discarded, and need tools for everything, 0 room left.

And please, can we have a bag or 'stable' for fashion ? I have 2 runic bags of the stuff. It's all BtC, can't discard it, some of it is/was very expensive and dyed other stuff event not reclaimable like MW sets.

Also transmutes, can't they be char unlocked? Again, similar to the stable, use it, it is destroyed but then it's in the list of transmutes available to the char. Third of my bank is transmutes from events and such.

Comments

• Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    +1. We need bigger bags (though I really wish they were a lot cheaper too!). I know some people who have all runic bags and still run out of room. Sending stuff to alts is a pain sometimes too. Inventory management is even more painful on the consoles.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    deterrant#6687 deterrant Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    We need new inventory tabs for the fishing rods, picks, etc. or make them go into proffession tools tab.
    Relics should go in the profession assets tab too or in the riches tab.

Fishing needs a new tab to put the fish in. Hopefully the gazillion differently bound RPs will be gone at some point.

The armor/fashion/weapons/artigear/artis could have their gear loadout tabs and be added with the coming power loadout system, so you could switch 2 or 3 custom gear sets on the fly.

But as long as, bag space = money, this aint gonna happen. And im pretty sceptic about the upcoming loadout system too.

• Options
    ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I have all the bank spaces unlocked, all the shared bank space unlocked, all runic bags, and I still end up with an inventory full of junk.

Might perhaps be the hundreds of different variations of resonant stones, artifact stones, refinement stones, and all the marks that come with it...

I think last time I counted, including the various bind statuses, there's over 200 objects that take up bag space associated with refinement...
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • Options
    btairbornebtairborne Member Posts: 352 Arc User
    There's no way to play this game without alts just for storage IMO.
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    I also want to see a separate tab for keys. There are just too many of them atm - so much so that I don't even bother making any new ones.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,231 Arc User

There's no way to play this game without alts just for storage IMO.

+1. So far, I think I manage that well with my alts with the name "Agent 99", "Miss. 99", "Special Agent 99" and "99 tons", .... because they are storing stuff which are 99. I have not made an Agent 999 yet. :)
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    I have storage1, storage2..... At storage8 right now. But still all the bound stuff... the professions stuff... fashion bound stuff... keys..
    All runic bags, and no room anywhere.
  • Options
    The best deal for storage pack is not the runic bag. It is the dragonborn pack which gives a bag for EVERY toon you have and will have. My "99" characters are all level 4 and did not bother to run further to get more bags.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    edited October 2016

The best deal for storage pack is not the runic bag. It is the dragonborn pack which gives a bag for EVERY toon you have and will have. My "99" characters are all level 4 and did not bother to run further to get more bags.

Have that too, and the pack with the 12 slots on all chars (forgot the name, hero of the north perhaps ?).
    And same, all my storage1..8 are level 4s
  • Options
    The problems is also in all the double events, yes they are a good thing, but they tax the inventory, you can't jsut use the RP, you have to hold it.
    You can't use the vouchers, you want the double guild marks.
    You can't use the profession MW maps, you need to wait for professions event...

It becomes silly, either it should be just constant x2, or it should be hourly like the old DD, or at least weekly thing.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    let the boat mounts get "saddlebag" like pouch for fishes.

i remembered STO did had "hourly" events, they took it out, those allows us to use up at specific times, now we have to wait for several weeks for those "2X events".
    seem the devs want to slow down the players who are "hardcore" to get so far ahead of causal players.
  • Options
    throsbithrosbi Member Posts: 291 Arc User
    I agree and I have posted comments several times about the fashion. You cant manage it, you cant really preview easy of what to get and you are always swapping fashion in and out to feed some artifact. Makes fashion not fun.

The other bags profession stuff should get some sort of account wide giant shared area, you can not even move it via the bank between characters, constantly mailing things back and forth is a pain.

With inventory its like playing jenga/tetris all the time. Not fun.
  • Options
    thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Heh. Y'know, maybe y'all are just hoarders...

:p
  • Options
    diogene0diogene0 Member Posts: 2,894 Arc User
    I don't use any fashion for that reason, way too much expensive and valuable bag space wasted. I need my bag space for character upgrades, and even if I have a lot of bag and bank space it's barely enough and I have to vendor stuff way too often to my taste.
  • Options
    g0rd0nbennetg0rd0nbennet Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    I only have the bags I got (free) with the game and I'm not having an inventory crisis just yet. But as mentioned before the three types of binding along with the gazillion types of refinement stones makes this process a real pain in the *ss and the inventory. I would have a real problem if I tried to optimize my use of resources and save stuff up for the events. It takes away from the pleasure of obtaining something when you realize you have to loose an inventory or bank slot to store it and they are all full of refinement stones. So I was less delighted with my gifts from Bruenor than I would have been and the doodad of gond is still in the mail. I don't think I have ever existed in a world that made so many demands on my inventory but was so stingy with slots that I have to really think about what I am going to keep. And while you are at it get your bank to build some regional branches for those of us who are not VIP R12. I appreciate that the portable ATM is a perk but would it detract from it so much to have bank branches in the major cities of the world. Or do you just enjoy meeting us all in protectors enclave?
  • Options
    edited October 2016

I only have the bags I got (free) with the game and I'm not having an inventory crisis just yet. But as mentioned before the three types of binding along with the gazillion types of refinement stones makes this process a real pain in the *ss and the inventory. I would have a real problem if I tried to optimize my use of resources and save stuff up for the events. It takes away from the pleasure of obtaining something when you realize you have to loose an inventory or bank slot to store it and they are all full of refinement stones. So I was less delighted with my gifts from Bruenor than I would have been and the doodad of gond is still in the mail. I don't think I have ever existed in a world that made so many demands on my inventory but was so stingy with slots that I have to really think about what I am going to keep. And while you are at it get your bank to build some regional branches for those of us who are not VIP R12. I appreciate that the portable ATM is a perk but would it detract from it so much to have bank branches in the major cities of the world. Or do you just enjoy meeting us all in protectors enclave?

VIP 12 bank is the one I considered to be the most important one (for my play style) when VIP was introduced.
    Cryptic was damn smart to put that in VIP 12.

SH has a bank. Most people don't go to PE bank anymore. It would be VIP bank, SH bank and then PE bank last.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    grrouper said:

Never fear things will only get better once they nerf how much we can hold in our mailboxes and still post at auction.Total BS and a kick in the.... to all the players. Making changes to something that we have had and been using since open beta total disrespect for the player base once more craptic.

Hmmm! That was not a nerf. At least not a recent one. It was like that for a long time. I assume you are talking about:
    number of mail returned from expired AH post + number of AH post allows = 40.
  • Options

grrouper said:

Never fear things will only get better once they nerf how much we can hold in our mailboxes and still post at auction.Total BS and a kick in the.... to all the players. Making changes to something that we have had and been using since open beta total disrespect for the player base once more craptic.

Hmmm! That was not a nerf. At least not a recent one. It was like that for a long time. I assume you are talking about:
    No, it's todays / yesterdays preview patch notes for mod10.5:

"There is now a limit to the number of unclaimed items a player may have in their mail. Once this limit is reached, the player may no longer post items up for auction until they claim items from their mail."
  • Options
    micky1p00 said:

grrouper said:

No, it's todays / yesterdays preview patch notes for mod10.5:

"There is now a limit to the number of unclaimed items a player may have in their mail. Once this limit is reached, the player may no longer post items up for auction until they claim items from their mail."
    Hmmm! A "player" as an account or a "player" as a character?
  • Options
    jaysun1977jaysun1977 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 177 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

+1. We need bigger bags (though I really wish they were a lot cheaper too!). I know some people who have all runic bags and still run out of room. Sending stuff to alts is a pain sometimes too. Inventory management is even more painful on the consoles.

Bigger bags are NOT the solution unless they are for free!
  • Options
    edited October 2016

kreatyve said:

Bigger bags are NOT the solution unless they are for free!
    Or made BtA (The current bags) ! I didn't buy all those Runic bags, so they can be obsolete now like the older blue bags!
  • Options
    tripsofthrymrtripsofthrymr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,624 Community Moderator

It's per character. Having unclaimed items in the return mail reduces the number of AH posts that character can have.

I only have the bags I got (free) with the game and I'm not having an inventory crisis just yet. But as mentioned before the three types of binding along with the gazillion types of refinement stones makes this process a real pain in the *ss and the inventory.

Just so everyone knows... there are four free bags. There are also up to five "variants" of the same thing that don't stack: Unbound, Bind to Account (from game), Bind to Account (PWE gift), Bind to Character (from game), Bind to Account (PWE gift). I have seen this with preservation wards e.g. free BtA wards from module launch giveaways not stacking with similar wards from invoking. Also seen a variant with non-stacking BtC items but don't recall the cuircumstance.
    Caritas Guild Founder (Greycloak Alliance)

Sci-fi author: The Gods We Make, The Gods We Seek, and Ji-min
  • Options

It's per character. Having unclaimed items in the return mail reduces the number of AH posts that character can have.
    Ok, per character is better.

Now, you said unclaimed items in the 'return' mail. Does that include the item we bought from AH? I asked because although it is "unclaimed", it is not "return".

Thanks.
  • Options

Now, you said unclaimed items in the 'return' mail. Does that include the item we bought from AH? I asked because although it is "unclaimed", it is not "return".

Thanks.
    Yes, bought, if before you could buy hundreds of items and keep them in the mail, now it counts towards the the AH slots. I've quoted the exact preview changelog line in earlier post.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    micky1p00 said:

Thanks.
    Yes, bought, if before you could buy hundreds of items and keep them in the mail, now it counts towards the the AH slots. I've quoted the exact preview changelog line in earlier post.
    I guess we will need to use a dedicated alt to buy stuff (and does not post stuff to AH) after the change.
    I know you posted the original message from change log. However, the original message was kind of messy and unclear.
    e.g. I would interpret player as an account if I just read the log literally.
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Everytime I have paid to get more bag or bank space it fills up instantly. I don't think that is the problem, per say.

Definitely it is part of the problem but "Inventory Management" is the big problem. The amount of stuff thrown at us is never ending.

I would give me left arm for some automated inventory management systems. Examples:

Being able to set certain items to be picked up into certain bags such as a dedicated potion bag.
    The ability to set certain item types to auto refine (standard, common and uncommon weapons and armor?)

While I don't disagree with any requests for more inventory spaces I think the real issue is more with how we manage inventory.

Hell, I think I would even prefer the option to toss the bag system away and set up my inventory from top to bottom so at least I would know all the new junk to deal with is at the bottom of the screen.
  • Options
    edited October 2016
    Hmmm! I set up my bags so that all the new un-stackable stuff is always in the bottom of the screen. :)
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    not sure if that wasnt nice to "nerf" the bags to become no sell/no discard, it is very bad in the eyes of players, devs hadnt made the bag fix thier priority, why they avoiding it? sound like they cut corners with excuses!

enough with bait and switch tactics!

DO it right away before Sea of Floating Ice released, since it got massive fishing items! no more excuses!