test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Patch Notes: NW.65.20160906b.12

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• lordseth1985lordseth1985 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 319 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Gateway Player Thank-You Gift

As a way to say thank you for playing and participating in the Gateway feature, all players who logged into Gateway within the last year will receive a Mini Apparatus of Gond companion in their mailbox.

It will be per char or only one per account?
    Avestruz.Q.T.Seduz - Rogue, natural born assassin.
  • namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User

Gateway Player Thank-You Gift

As a way to say thank you for playing and participating in the Gateway feature, all players who logged into Gateway within the last year will receive a Mini Apparatus of Gond companion in their mailbox.

It will be per char or only one per account?

When was the last time there was a promotion that gave something to every character? I can't recall any.
  • aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    This companion (like a lot of other things, actually) SHOULD BE bound account. So, do one good blo*dy thing right at 100% for once.

P/D: Do something to improve Gauntlgrym PvP frecuency!!!!
  • ctf4voidctf4void Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    What about the relic chest pieces which are bugged for every class because they provide 6AC less than the collection page says? Since this armor is so hard to come by, I hope it will be fixed.
  • daaksanirdaaksanir Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 30 Arc User
    utter HAMSTER companion vs Gateway ... hmmm wonder what I go for if asked. Bring back Sword Coast ... NOW!!!
  • sorvikcorsairsorvikcorsair Member Posts: 64 Arc User
    Newer player, but never got to experience Gateway/Sword Coast, even though many quests STILL tell you to go to those features
    Neverwinter
    Fearless Wolves - GM
    Slorik - GWF
    Eevil'N - CW
    Sybyl - GF

Star Trek Online

Sorvik Corsair : KDF Reman Engineer
    S'karn Corsair : KDF Gorn Intelligence
  • malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    The mini-companion is so big it takes 3 hours to patch it into the game. chill guys! It's all gonna be ok!
  • sceler#8164 sceler Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    So, still no word in how you're going to put the now completely unaffordable companion gear back into the game?

Not even going to bother after an entire month leaving us in the black as to the final days of the Gateway, to at least half-HAMSTER something in a reasonable timeframe like putting it in the tarmalune trade bar store?

At this rate your "Planning to put back into the game" looks like "You're not going to see it again".
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    There have been many account wide pet giveaways. I have several Rebel Merc, Renegade Illusionist, Storm Rider thinky, faithful initiate and one other i cant think of.

So yes, they have in fact done it, but its been a bit, some were from company, some where from other companies as a give away.

What exactly is game breaking by not making account wide is beyond me.. its pretty trashy.
  • silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    oh ya mystagogue and the humble bumble crit sev sword.

• lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    Quickling too.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • ijonumijonum Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    ...aaand now you shut the servers down 5 minutes ahead of time, just when I took a break in my work to do the invocation/crafting round on my chars. At least I managed two out of five. I'm so gracious!
  • andrews007andrews007 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    is the double rp going to be this weekend?
  • zactorzactor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 57 Arc User
    Thanks for the awesome companion, it will make a perfect replacement for the Gateway. I will use the Gond companion to help me set profs and play SCA.
  • deathdawg#1568 deathdawg Member Posts: 66 Arc User
    You know i find it stupid that they do the things they do. Several MMOs that I have played in the past always used the mail system to give things as a sort of apology or bonus for certain things. Why Cryptic doesn't is beyond me. AKA the ooops we forgot to post about gateway and can care less what people think about it going away gift should be sent to every character or at least added to the Reward Claim Agent as able to reclaim per character, so should the first time buyers box, that box as far as I can see is unable to be reclaimed when you buy zen after the first time. So many items BtC instead of BtA . They have not fixed several bugs that have been reported in game, forums and even emails since February two main ones being the chat wrap and the drop down selection bugs. They keep adding and taking away and yet they do stuff like this taking 3 hours for adding a companion few will probably use after a few weeks. So far all we seem to be seeing is no contact other than to defend their decisions and not a single dev that I have seen has posted in the bug report forums other than to ask for a more clear explanation of bugs that we have dealt with for months......so we deal with a 3 hour patch time oO I am seriously hoping that it is their attempt to cover things if something arrises on their end like the hamsters striking till they fix the growing list of bugs

ok my rant is all over I know but meh had to put my frustration out there ;p
  • mynaammynaam Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 937 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    sceler#8164 If I understood the twitch correctly the gateway gear is getting a <b>NERF</b> anyway. So it might not be worth it once reintroduced any way
    There are more than BIS players in this game
    RIP Real Tiamat, RIP Real Demogorgon RIP real Temple of the spider. Why remove non bis content to give to bis players ????
    FORCING the majority of your player base to play 4 mod old dungeons and trial will have a bad result on player base
    Changes are getting so bad i would rather prefer no new changes (RIP ICE FISHING in winter fest)

• kenvoggkenvogg Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 19 Arc User
    Haha...total joke!
  • laurentiolaurentio Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    try lowering your expectations guys , obviously they're to high. No wander they do not read the forums, makes them feel like they failed somehow... smthing ... the customers...

ps. can anyone put some money in this ...., and then on exchange, i nead bitt of zen for some respecs plzzzzzz

to stay on topic tho, do we also get idle companion slots maby ? , my sack is full of many purple useless companions that look rly nice !
  • oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    laurentio said:

try lowering your expectations guys , obviously they're to high. No wander they do not read the forums, makes them feel like they failed somehow... smthing ... the customers...

ps. can anyone put some money in this ...., and then on exchange, i nead bitt of zen for some respecs plzzzzzz

to stay on topic tho, do we also get idle companion slots maby ? , my sack is full of many purple useless companions that look rly nice !

Way a little longer. Winter Festival gives out respec kits pretty regularly, and there is typically a black friday 50% off zen market sale in Nov.

Course, they may remove those sales.....
  • lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User

laurentio said:

Way a little longer. Winter Festival gives out respec kits pretty regularly, and there is typically a black friday 50% off zen market sale in Nov.

Course, they may remove those sales.....
    I really hope that sale does happen. I've been eyeing a Feywild Pack since I started playing but only really now have the resources to buy one at 50% discount - just 1k more zen to go...
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • agericageric Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    What a rip. Took one of the best aspects of the game out and only allow ONE of our characters the title and a crpy companion even though multiples ran the Gateway... it should have been account wide claim.
  • arabaturarabatur Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 778 Arc User
    I think we might of been trolled by Cryptic :(
    Definitely not an Arc User.
  • dnosrcdnosrc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    why these two little changes require a 500mb+ download is beyond me ...
  • kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    500 mbs don't forget its the attack on neverwinter week
  • jarecord03jarecord03 Member Posts: 144 Arc User
    another patch with no significant bug fixes. how very disappointing. players put up a big stink about bugs, and you come back, finally, and start putting out patches with lots of fixes, then a few less, then none, then one where you fix a lamp post or something. what happened to all your talk of fixing the bug problem, not just the bugs? since you have not made good, i think the players and i deserve a response to this question. a swift response would do well. thank you in advance.

PS please add an indicator to the invocation button when invocations are done for the day. like a simple faded red ring around it or something. thanks.
    There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
  • plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,211 Arc User
    They are going to give any significant patch when the next (half) mod is coming soon. If there is any significant patch, it will be in that mod.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • drwarpeffectdrwarpeffect Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 71 Arc User
    Guess what? This pet is in no way an adequate substitute for your inability to have a web portal that works. It is not even adequate as a symbol of all that we are losing with the Gateway being removed, especially the dice game.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i want those companion gears get bound and attach to original companions that were used, instead of getting those back in your bags which switching the companions like those runestones do. i dont want items back in bags and some are useless to other companions that dont match.

could mods get message to design team please?
  • revarex#6839 revarex Member Posts: 2 New User
    Why in hell, is my launcher telling me the update is still on 34.3% after hours of downloading, 230MB patched of near 700MB. But I have received over 9000MB (9GB)? What's happening here?
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    super prepatch November contents ninja'ed added for Nov 18th?
This discussion has been closed.