test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Rotation question

ungard77ungard77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
Been playing for over a year and would like the opinion. Want to tune my rotation. Get some thoughts from the experience of you guys.

I know not everyone does the same thing, but I imagine its close. ATM I'm doing HD, WMS x2-3 to get close to unstoppable, BF, unstoppable, IBS, than WMS or SS for 6-8 sec. I'll usually add my daily when i use it at the end of that rotation.

I THINK my first rotation is okay, on my ACT the highest crit I've registered is 8mil+. What i usually end up doing afterwards is adding another HD, and one or so unstoppable in between and at-will the rest until the full rotation comes around again. Is this what your rotations look like, or some semblance of this? What i don't know is how to tell in the heat of battle to know what stacks of what i have at any given time. Are there add-ons that we can use to help? Haven't really looked into that route. Anyways, thanks for your time. May Tempus grant you victory!

Comments

• Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    You can watch your stacks in your buff bar (located under your character picture by default). It will take some time for you to memorize what they look like so you can see what you have at a glance. Neverwinter does not have any add ons that are legal to use (ACT is not an add on)
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    ungard77ungard77 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Ty for the feedback and will do
  • Options
    instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'll typically run Daring Shout -> Hidden Daggers -> WMS to top off Determination -> Unstoppable -> HD -> IBS.

The only time I use Crescendo is to close the gap (after a wing buffet, as an example) or to quickly top off my Determination if it's sitting at halfway or so.

Please note that I'm a "DPM" GWF, and am probably doing it wrong.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • Options
    cellablockcellablock Member Posts: 253 Arc User

I'll typically run Daring Shout -> Hidden Daggers -> WMS to top off Determination -> Unstoppable -> HD -> IBS.

The only time I use Crescendo is to close the gap (after a wing buffet, as an example) or to quickly top off my Determination if it's sitting at halfway or so.

Please note that I'm a "DPM" GWF, and am probably doing it wrong.

you are right and getting unstoppable running non stop is to make sure you hitting the rotation on time which will take practise :blush:
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2016

I wish they would rework GWF powers. This DS, HD, IBS stuff is kinda meh. I miss the pre-mod 6 rotations. You could spice it up and do as you please. I used Takedown, Flourish and IBS most of the time, but could throw in CAGI in dungeons or Restoring Strike in a tough battle.

I agree that there aren't many choices, but what is wrong with Flourish instead of IBS? Other than that, it does get very repetitive.
  • Options
    someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    CAGI+IBS, WMS/Punishing Charge/Crescendo - PvE

Punishing Charge, Takedown+RS (Over IBS) - PvP, I miss that.

ATM: DS, HD, IBS - PvE; DS, HD, IBS - PvP; DS, HD, IBS - Grinding; DS, HD, IBS - Leeching; DS, HD, IBS - Dummying.

typo drnk
    Post edited by someonedies on
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    WMS -> HD -> WMS -> DS -> Animation cancel -> WMS or SS
  • Options
    emon#6117 emon Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    how do you cancel animation? and why do second wms before shout? and why do shout after daggers and not DS - WMS - HD - WMS/SS
  • Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    emon#6117 said:

how do you cancel animation? and why do second wms before shout? and why do shout after daggers and not DS - WMS - HD - WMS/SS

You cancel animation by sprinting a bit almost immediately. Don't try it on HD. DS has long animation so cancel it.

A matter of preferences, really. You can go DS first then HD. Currently, DS has no aggro pull in PC. HD is the first thing to start when initiating fights. Again, a matter of preferences. And also, I don't charge and rush.
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
  • Options
    kevros62kevros62 Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    Oh ya that is wonderful video on rotation thanks Lia discovered something I was missing in my rotation. The draw back if you want to call it that is most normal mobs melt way to fast. so its hard to use them for practice. every things toast by step 3 or 4 lol