test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

What's with the high and mighty people?

I get the gear score requirement should be much higher than advertised for end game content but there's so much hate and toxic garbage in the chat box. Hell I had 1 person hold up prophecy of madness for like 5 minutes. Wouldn't go into the starting area because we had a chance that was 1800 IL. They stated they only want gold runs and voted about 4 times to kick this girl. Meanwhile they're like 2200 paladin. 2200 IL isn't really all that great to be trashing someone else. I would expect you to be top dps, healer, and most kills if you're gonna be talking supremely reckless to people you can't see. I'm a 2568 Gwf and I know I still have a lot of work to do. There was no need to be cursing and wishing someone would die because they aren't going to be much help. We all had to start somewhere and it's not like the CW was just standing around. Just queue it up again it's not that serious. It's really a shame to because that's why most people don't use the random queue system. The thing about these 5 man instances or 10 man teams you gotta work as a team. I've been in dungeons and skirmishes with a crazy amount of dps and we would be horrible. I've also been in these same instances where I had the highest IL and everyone else was maybe 2000. I'm thinking we not gonna make it only to have everything run smoothly because everyone played their roles. I'm not a person to say I'm carrying the team because as a gwf I should be up there in damage but not at the expense of the team. I don't stand in Aoe areas because I know the healer needs to be concerned about the tank. Sure they'll throw some heals my way but if I play smart they won't have to worry about me to much. I'm sorry about the rant but I'm just saying people are getting out of control with this gold runs and getting good gear. I'm sure that in order for you to wake up tomorrow doesn't depend on how you play neverwinter. We could all help each other and be cool about it or at least not spam the chat box calling people every name under the sun but child of God

Comments

• Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Sadly, as time goes on, more and more games are getting toxic like this.

Try destiny with the light levels, or the OG destiny where without a Gally wouldn't get into a raid, period.

So it's not just here. Again, sadly.
  • Options
    xxxorcistxxxorcist Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Do you have any PSN or real life buddies that play? Playing with good friends is much more enjoyable than the random bad players you can get grouped with. Sometimes you can be lucky and have cool and considerate players too.

Ya know, what might work for you? An older or mature guild maybe? I've seen some posts in the guild section from casual, chill, older players. Probably very friendly people. Plus, I'm a geezer myself so I'm a bit biased.
  • Options
    zaggy101#7615 zaggy101 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Most the high level item scores in my opinion..... been playing since day one on the ps4 .... and item score means jack scout... played with 2600 and higher in dungeons and demo and tiamat and 80% of the did horrible... which pretty much means have no idea how to build a character or they bought all their gear or just plane suck........ so i would really go by some ones skill than a item level score... i was 1600 for awhile and did better than 2600 or higher ... but thats what happens you play in a play to win game. where you still need some knowledge of how to play and use your character ..
  • Options
    bandrashubandrashu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    IL helps a lot in certain dungeons and in certain situations but it does not mean everything. People always want higher IL dps/tank because then it is easier for them to complete the given epic or skirmish. On the other hand, it does not mean everything.

You may have higher IL but if you are clueless about your class or don't know what to do in a dungeon and won't listen to those who have already completed it then it just won't work.

There are always people who do a skirmish/dungeon or demo for the first time. They may not be familiar with the tactics and might be lost during the fights. My experience is that if you explain them what to do most of them will be able to improve and help the team effort.

The issue here is that most of the people do not want to explain anything, they just want to finish everything in like 10 minutes, collect the fat loot and leave. If they realize that there are people doing that dungeon or anything for the first time they either leave or start trash talking.

Having a guild or a group of people you usually do these help. You can run into very helpful and great players and can become friends with them. That is my own experience.

• Options
    ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    If they have guild, report them. Jot down the guys that group up with you first so that you can report to their guild leaders later.

If their guild leader is okay with that member, do not associate or communicate with their guild anymore. Just put the guild on your hate list and leave instance the moment you see them. Don't bother with guildless ones, just put them in ignore list.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    You guys should've vote kicked him instead...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
    If you join via the public queue then you have to accept the other 4 players as they are. If item level is critical to you then form your own invite only private party.

The queueing system is what it is, warts and all. Most of the time you will get a poor party missing a healer or tank - although for the two skirmishes, pretty much any group can get through it, not so much with the epic dungeons.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    what's funny about this is there is no such thing as a gold run of pom at the moment. it's bugged. lol. silver is the best that can be done and that takes either meticulous timing or a full party of mid 3k to 4k players doing their very best. that guy was clearly just a silly little hamster
  • Options
    Even so, it's bad behavior. And Cryptic just let them off like that guy the potential to vote kick other people.

I will make his guild recall him.
  • Options
    edited October 2016

IN POM. I rather have that IL1800 play than how last time I got in and a IL 2k was in there with us just to freeload and watch us kill those demons. While we were in, that person was just standing there until he/she got killed and stood outside the whole entire time. Voted him/her out because that's wasting everyone who is fightings time especially when u lose a person it takes longer than normal for the kills even though I'm IL2.4-2.5 gwf it still takes awhile just to kill the demons. Why even queue if you're not gonna play? Anyways I ended up leaving instead since those other two dumb HAMSTER wouldn't vote that guy out too while the other guy was with me to vote him out because he also said that the afk person was also in his queue before doing the same thing.

I don't think it's afk. If he's standing there until he/she dead and stood outside, it's lag. I have a few of my own cases that lag stops me from moving, attacking etc. Only thing that doesn't lag is chat channels.

It's basically you're there, no disconnection whatsoever, but you can't move and you see everyone and mobs rubberband each other until everything loads to current time. And you can't do everyone a favor and drop yourself out either.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    I ran into that in Velandras last night - I was just about to go to bed after a handful of successful LoL runs, turned off the mic and everything then thought - you know I still haven't completed a Vel run. That dungeon has been my bane for bad luck. So I'm on my healer and hop in one.

Right off they are all dead - I get there and they are all over the place, so I'm running around trying to keep them up and using my Aura of Life to bring them back when the heals have failed. They are clearly lacking in DPS to take down the baddies before they get demolished. And they had no tank. So some guy drops out (I have no idea how long they had been at it before I showed up) and we get a tank. We make it to the boss lady. We wipe.

One guy starts with a vote to kick some other guy saying he needs to leave because of his 1800 IL. I look at the damage and even though he's lower he's not THAT much lower than the 2500 IL demanding the vote. We sit there for over 5 minutes as he keeps sending out votes to kick and won't step into the circle. He is also spamming the chat with "leave 1800!"

Eventually the poor 1800IL leaves because the rest of us won't kick him and the first guy won't start the match. In pops another 1800IL. The guy rants and raves demanding they leave so they do. We get a 2500 IL, then have to wait for them to walk all the way there. We go in, and we wipe and the jerk leaves. No reinforcements. I sigh, we give it an attempt with the 4 of us and one guy gets disconnected as soon as we walk in the door. the three of us give it a whirl but in my typical run streak with this dungeon, we just couldn't pull it off. I end up abandoning and going to bed still holding on to that stupid Tower Key that I just want out of my inventory and a fresh reminder of why I rarely PUG
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    allmightymunky#3943 allmightymunky Member Posts: 93 Arc User
    I agree that you should of just voted to kick this guy. WE can help stop this madness. People looking for others with insane IL levels so they don't have to work too hard to beat something. Help stop this. Report these players and have everyone else in the dungeon report them. They are wasting your time by doing this and I don't know about you, but I don't get all day to play, I have a life too.

On the other hand. Be the person who helps low IL characters. Make the game fun for them! This will help bring players to this game and I would love that. I like this game and would love to see it stick around. I'll help people out if they are willing to be helped. If they are not, then you can vote to remove them, but give them a chance!

It is also true about the high IL score. You can BUY it. So the score don't really mean jack. Had someone in my guild hating on others because they were low IL and did not know how to tank yet. They were teaching him and this guy was freaking out. I told them to just boot him. Who cares if he's a high IL player and knows how to play? His toxicity will drive more people away and eventually be a game killer for the guild. Don't put up with it people. YOU can help take the hamsters out of the game!
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited October 2016

what's funny about this is there is no such thing as a gold run of pom at the moment. it's bugged. lol. silver is the best that can be done and that takes either meticulous timing or a full party of mid 3k to 4k players doing their very best. that guy was clearly just a silly little hamster

I thought gold was possible. I sworn I gotten it at least once now. I know Balor has issues at the end and most groups just burn him down instead of trying to get gold.

What is the issue/bug with PoM?
  • Options
    I thought it was ToDG that was hosed up and you couldn't get gold on - because of the spawn rate being too low. I thought PoM was fine? But I don't do skirmishes often so I could be wrong.
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    frenzal#4831 frenzal Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

I thought it was ToDG that was hosed up and you couldn't get gold on - because of the spawn rate being too low. I thought PoM was fine? But I don't do skirmishes often so I could be wrong.

I was curious about this. In the past couple days, I've been in groups that have got so close as a hair away from gold. Groups that just stomped and I can keep the golems away from the clerics and interrupted quite a bit.
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

I have got gold on ToDG with a pug before. We burned the adds down for gold and burnt the boss down. I think it was just ToM that I had heard you couldn't get gold on.
  • Options

ravenskya said:

I was curious about this. In the past couple days, I've been in groups that have got so close as a hair away from gold. Groups that just stomped and I can keep the golems away from the clerics and interrupted quite a bit.

ToDG you can get gold, very easily as well. Depending upon which instance you get.

1) where you have to kill things. You need a CW to slow or freeze the bone golems. This will improve your odds at gold. Phase 2 let 1 or 2 player have the hulk break the shield while the rest kill the adds and the bone golems.

2) The one where you use the hulks to break down the doors. Just have one or two players target the hulks to break the doors down, this results in Gold as long as the DPS can kill the enemies during phase 2 fairly quick.

Phase 3 in both instances for ToDG I have yet not to get gold. It is super easy to get gold on this one.

If you don't get gold on all of them, you can still get gold overall depending upon the combined overall performance.

2 high silver rankings with the highest possible gold ranking = gold most of the time. But the silver rankings have to be basically almost gold for this to work.

Only once have I gotten silver in ToDG and this is when I came in on the last boss. I did not care as it was double AD and less time in there for me was a good thing that day.
  • Options

ravenskya said:

I have got gold on ToDG with a pug before. We burned the adds down for gold and burnt the boss down. I think it was just ToM that I had heard you couldn't get gold on.
    PoM like ToDG have two types of instances. One with portals and one where you can lose your abilities. I have came close many times to getting gold.

Portals: Requires OP DPS for excessive burn - you go in and open as many portals ASAP. Buffing DC and GF help improve damage out to increase the number of portals you can open.

Phase 1: There are only green portals and that means weak adds, so you burn them down ASAP and open as many as possible I have gotten very close to gold many times but the problem is I pug and even pugging we get very close. I'm about 50/50 for silver and bronze ranking.
    Phase 2: 2 DPS focus on biggest portals (purple) and the rest of the group, if strong enough, each take a blue portal. This results in a silver ranking. I have gotten gold in this phase 1x. So it is possible with the right group.
    Phase 3: Balor is broken and you can get gold if you pay attention. Burn him down to about 15% health. Pay attention as the meter resets and this will allow you to hit a gold ranking during this phase.

The first phase is the only phase I have not gotten gold. I swear I got gold once in PoM with the portals and an OP DPS group that I ran with. We got High Silver, Gold and Gold. I swore we had gold as our final ranking. That was the day I got my Ring of Rising Focus +4.

Madness Instance: You lose your ability to use encounters and dailies, so you have to go where the blue is to undo the madness.

This is similar to the portal one but you split the group up. 2 strongest to go one side the rest of the group goes to the other. Burn down the Fire Archon and the shadow demons. Go to the middle clean that area out. Go back to the side, etc...Continue this process in both Phase 1 and Phase 2. The highest I get on theses are silver, never seen a gold. Mainly due to DPS taking some serious damage loss when they get madness.

Balor, see above, same applies.

If you get Bronze and Bronze and get gold on Balor you get Silver over all. I find the issue is most players simply burn Balor down without waiting to get Gold on him, resulting in a bronze rating. When I am on my GF I get threat on him and pull him around the room. I get yelled at for this but it usually results in a silver ranking.

• Options
    xxxorcistxxxorcist Member Posts: 51 Arc User

If you join via the public queue then you have to accept the other 4 players as they are. If item level is critical to you then form your own invite only private party.

The queueing system is what it is, warts and all. Most of the time you will get a poor party missing a healer or tank - although for the two skirmishes, pretty much any group can get through it, not so much with the epic dungeons.

Terrordactyl, yes pretty much. Only two choices really. Public que or make your own initiative and form your own party.

Either a dice roll or a coordinated hand selected group.
  • Options
    zheng#6107 zheng Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    That's how it is sometimes in those games, I won't ever bad mouth a lower level, I usually always give the. The benefit and most of them try really hard when they know they have lower ilevel so it Dosnt matter, but sometimes I will bs players because they deserve it. When you or team is still outside the scorpion doors at 25minutes after wiping 4 times, I will talk <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> then leave the queue. Or when you get invited to edemo and later find out the host invited 5 people from his guild that have no idea add they are doing, I will tell them that and leave the queue. Is that me being toxic? I don't think it is. But it's up to interpretation
  • Options

That's how it is sometimes in those games, I won't ever bad mouth a lower level, I usually always give the. The benefit and most of them try really hard when they know they have lower ilevel so it Dosnt matter, but sometimes I will bs players because they deserve it. When you or team is still outside the scorpion doors at 25minutes after wiping 4 times, I will talk HAMSTER then leave the queue. Or when you get invited to edemo and later find out the host invited 5 people from his guild that have no idea add they are doing, I will tell them that and leave the queue. Is that me being toxic? I don't think it is. But it's up to interpretation

Leaving isn't toxic - but perhaps the talking trash before you go is. When I know a group won't cut it I generally just so "Sorry got to go, good luck" and leave.

• Options

That's how it is sometimes in those games, I won't ever bad mouth a lower level, I usually always give the. The benefit and most of them try really hard when they know they have lower ilevel so it Dosnt matter, but sometimes I will bs players because they deserve it. When you or team is still outside the scorpion doors at 25minutes after wiping 4 times, I will talk HAMSTER then leave the queue. Or when you get invited to edemo and later find out the host invited 5 people from his guild that have no idea add they are doing, I will tell them that and leave the queue. Is that me being toxic? I don't think it is. But it's up to interpretation

Thats understandable to an extent. It is anger though, and you should probably seek therapy! lol.
  • Options
    ravenskya said:

Leaving isn't toxic - but perhaps the talking trash before you go is. When I know a group won't cut it I generally just so "Sorry got to go, good luck" and leave.
    My rule of thumb is three attempts, PERIOD. If I mess it up, I admit to it such as "My bad, didn't see that red AoE, sorry.".

To many runs fail due to lack of communication by the groups.
  • Options
    nightbare#9304 nightbare Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    what gets me is how some of the 2800+ gs players barely have any boons, its just like DCUO endgame players with barely any skill points, I would rather have a 2000+ gs person with 15 boons then a 2800+ person with 5 boons..... Gear score comes with time and they will always put out more powerful gear, Boons will stay with you the rest the time you play
  • Options
    superxmario128#6678 superxmario128 Member Posts: 24 Arc User
    I do demogorgon a lot to farm protector seals because i really hate doing epic dungeons in this game. Too many one shot mobs in them for my likes and i dislike spending an hour trying to do a dungeon because everything + the boss is much harder than what the IL recommends (yes i PUG a lot) Haven't even tried the 2000IL epic dungeons yet for this reason.
    That said i can't tell you one demogorgon run where there isn't someone whining and complaining in the group about everyone being bad or for not earning gold during the run not to mention the occasional trolls that pop up in there which is the reason why i do hate how easily it is for people to troll in that dungeon.
    I have even had a few runs where we are easily earning a gold ranking and people are still complaining about the group or trash talking others.
    Same happens with tiamat but i've never been in a group that gets past the 3rd dragon because usually people whine about the group DPS and once one person leaves usually others follows which just makes it harder for the others actually trying. Not sure why they leave anyways when you still get rewards in the end.

There's a reason why everyone recommends you only do dungeon runs with guilds/friends (usually because they are more skilled and not overly negative) even though that shouldn't be the case but it seems to be with this game
  • Options
    bloodshot#9399 bloodshot Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure you see so much trash talk in demo is because people are whining in zone chat. And a public queue is like opening a lockbox, you will more than likely get <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> but once in a while you might get lucky.
  • Options
    I have in the past reminded my group that when in Demo, the whiners could be in a different instance. So many complain loud enough to hear three Demo's over that it's insane. I think that's where a lot of the perception that all of the venom is coming from.

• Options
    frenzal#4831 frenzal Member Posts: 85 Arc User
    ravenskya said:

I have in the past reminded my group that when in Demo, the whiners could be in a different instance. So many complain loud enough to hear three Demo's over that it's insane. I think that's where a lot of the perception that all of the venom is coming from.

PVP is the same way. It can be very easy to lose your cool and start texting with the dreadful chat system instead of concentrating on the match, when more often than not, it is someone in another match just running their mouth in zone chat.