What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Steam Wallet payment removed?

2»

Comments

• Options
    nilhonymnilhonym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    As a long time supporter of this game, Founding Hero of the North, etc, I will toss money to PWE on occasion because devs need paychecks. I've used steam as my payment source since it first became available. I have been waiting 2 weeks for at least a response other than the initial "we don't know what happened". I can spend my money elsewhere, so can a lot of other people. Address the problem Devs, either man up and say you've done away with steam billing, or fix it.
  • Options
    yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User
    nilhonym said:

As a long time supporter of this game, Founding Hero of the North, etc, I will toss money to PWE on occasion because devs need paychecks. I've used steam as my payment source since it first became available. I have been waiting 2 weeks for at least a response other than the initial "we don't know what happened". I can spend my money elsewhere, so can a lot of other people. Address the problem Devs, either man up and say you've done away with steam billing, or fix it.

when have they ever done this kind of response? every time it is the same method they use to "respond to the player base".
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Whoo Hoo.. looks like the new patch will fix the steam wallet issue..... wait... there was no mention of it. lets all act surprised for fun.
  • Options
    onerakonerak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    the silence speaks volumes Arc....will be moving on to something else. The money I had planned to dump into this game will be going towards a new one this afternoon. Nj devs, I hope playstation treats you well
  • Options
    mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    Lets not be too upset about this. After all, this is the normal means of communication (or lack there of) that they are used to doing. They know that we are going to be mad so they will not respond to us and will, in time, announce that they have removed this service (which we already know they have). On the steam site, the DLC's that used to be there are now gone.

Lets think on this for a second, NW PC came out and was a boom, then as time goes along, mods come out that alienate various groups of players. The PC play base has been dying as we all know. The console venture for them breathed life into this product and they are therefore streamlining their operation so that changes for one will effect all. We PC players are the minority when it comes to revenue generation for this game at this time. That is why we cannot get promises kept, bugs fixed, classes balanced and in this case a simple answer to people practically begging to give them money.

To me, this is more than just me wanting to spend money via steam, it is the cherry on top of the disgust that I have been growing over the last few months for this game. The disgust is from the fact that I have invested time and money in something that has died and while I try my best to salvage some sense of fun, I am found beating my head on the wall and being mad far more than amused. I have begun working on an airplane that will keep me occupied for the next three years so that is my out. I recommend not waiting for the ship to totally go under before you abandon it.

TLDR; Adios
  • Options
    veronaverona Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    Can we please get verification if this is affecting all PC users or just some of them? Because, if Steam is no longer a supported payment method for Neverwinter, just say so. This is not a rude or outlandish request for information from your PC player base.

Thank you.

**** Edit 10.8.16:

It's working now, thank you for the fix.
    Post edited by verona on
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    This should have been resolved already, is someone still having issues this moment?
  • Options
    weemadjock#6925 weemadjock Member Posts: 1 New User
    Yup still having this problem....................... :(
  • Options
    nilhonymnilhonym Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Yep, still not working. Click the icon in UI, game minemizes, ARC link opens in browser to add currency splash page
  • Options
    panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    edited October 2016
    Alright, I think we found the second issue, please try again and let me know if you still have issues.
  • Options
    gomesrosgomesros Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    i just check all good. steam wallet back. thank u.
  • Options
    tuesdayrolld20tuesdayrolld20 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 47 Arc User
    Since we are talking payment, steam is working, I got my Zen, however there is a hold probation on my account; bound etc... Does anyone have experience on the amount of time the hold lasts?

Thanks in advance.
    Miri Droverson