test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Developer Blog: Sea of Moving Ice Overview

strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
The Sea of Moving Ice is a vast field of floating ice far to the north of Neverwinter. Enormous icebergs and small floes swirl and grind in chaotic patterns that have tricked more than one experienced sea captain. The ice here is studded with the wrecks of ships that risked a passage and failed. The debris of civilizations both old and new is also trapped within the ice. Each winter when the ice pack expands it scours islands and coastlines clean and preserves the treasures it claims in a frigid time capsule.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/games/neverwinter/news/detail/10182513-developer-blog:-sea-of-moving-ice-overview

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

Comments

• Options
    genjundeadgenjundead Member Posts: 372 Arc User
    is anyone else having trouble burning the rough ad bonus?
    my alts are nearing max, been trying hard to get it lowered.

the x2 seals and 50% of seals helped quite a bit at making it lower then 90k for all my alts rough ad bonus. but now its over 90k again of course.

@strumslinger, just wondering if its possible to increase the bonus to 100% instead of 50%, as that would help on burning this bonus on alts.
  • Options
    what are going to be the requirements to getting inside this new 10 man trial? i can do FBI, so i should be able to get into this new trial right?
  • Options
    firebreath86firebreath86 Member Posts: 33 Arc User

the x2 seals and 50% of seals helped quite a bit at making it lower then 90k for all my alts rough ad bonus. but now its over 90k again of course.

@strumslinger, just wondering if its possible to increase the bonus to 100% instead of 50%, as that would help on burning this bonus on alts.

Just buy more rings from the auction house?
  • Options
    coldfire473coldfire473 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 16 Arc User

If you run Cloak Tower twice a day, that pretty much eats the entire day's bonus. Throw in the occasional ring from Demon HEs/Demo/CN and it's not hard to keep burning it....
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Pity you guys go through all the trouble of making these maps. We can't admire them when endless HEs and now fishing crush your mind under a rock.

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    I hate to be a wet blanket but Storvald looks like they recycled the ice trolls from IWD, gave it a few more warts and ice cancer on it's arm. At least for the last few mods bosses like Demogorgon or Orcus felt like some work was put into them. This guy just looks like a trash mob glitched into a wall.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    deceondarkbladedeceondarkblade Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    urabask said:

I hate to be a wet blanket but Storvald looks like they recycled the ice trolls from IWD, gave it a few more warts and ice cancer on it's arm. At least for the last few mods bosses like Demogorgon or Orcus felt like some work was put into them. This guy just looks like a trash mob glitched into a wall.

I'm pretty sure that's the Ice Hunters, which sound like they are a different tribe of Trolls.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    The enemy pictured is a mutated ice troll, sort of. It is just a trash mob.

Ice Hunters are humanoids... basically inspired by the Inuit people. They are not pictured in this blog.

Storvald is not pictured. Considering he's the big boss frost giant, I'd expect him to have as unique of character art as Drufi does.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    sockmunkeysockmunkey Member Posts: 4,622 Arc User
    Yep, we finally get killer Eskimos. I expect blood-thirsty exploding penguins to be next.

And that purple clown cant replace Makos...no way, no how.

• Options
    bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Pity you guys go through all the trouble of making these maps. We can't admire them when endless HEs and now fishing crush your mind under a rock.

You've said what was on my mind. Agreed :)
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• Options
    edited October 2016
    anyone know why the dev's are making the game less alt friendly?
    are botters the only reason the game is now less alt friendly? with gateway gone, harder to do professions, with rough ad gone from invokes, have to spend hours on alts now just to burn it which i could use those hours to further my main. i should probably just delete all my alts or forget about rough ad bonus on them. i want to improve my main and spend the hours on that instead on alts i never play besides to invoke and salvage. i was happy getting 2.5k rough ad a day from alts over 8.8k ad on alts. oh well guess i should just either decide on what to do, probably gonna just spend the hours to earn the ad. means improving my main is gonna take months longer maybe even a year.
  • Options
    i think it would be best to rework relic gear, so that people would actually want to grind for it. that will fix FBI dungeon.

the new artifact weapons coming are not all that bad but an internal cooldown is demoralizing, in my opinion the internal cooldown should be removed and a stack limit should be introduced.

i really want valhalla set as that is the only good gear coming out in next mod.

voninblood is not a problem for me, i can easily farm it and i don't even need to since i have over 30k (had over 50k but just got last boon for SKT)

i love that making keys is far less cheaper, that was a great move.