test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Why do we have to kick, scream, and cause a scene for information??

reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
edited September 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
"We are thankful for all of you that have participated in Gateway and Sword Coast Adventures, and we don’t want to leave you empty handed, so in the next build release planned for next week we are giving all player accounts that have recently used Gateway a Mini Apparatus of Gond companion that will be claimable in their mailbox."

I just can't understand why it's like pulling freaking teeth to get information from you guys! Can someone please comment on this? @strumslinger @panderus

I'm not looking to start a flame section here, matter of fact why don't we not post here so a Dev or Community managers reply can be right up top for all to see?!?

Comments

• sigillmacfinnsigillmacfinn Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 111 Arc User
    Not seen that in my mailbox yet & checked the rewards agent in PE just in case but not there either
    ..... rolling 1's for over 25 years .....

The Harbingers' Forums - What Class Are You - Search The Neverwinter Wiki

• strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    I've spoken with Malley about this and it will be gifted to players. It wasn't quite ready yet for today's patch, but it will be. Sorry for the wait on this. *lowers head in shame*

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    You mean, it's coming soon (tm). Oddly, I just don't care about this one. My companion pack is full anyway, and I'm not going to wait days for zen thanks to the backlog just to expand it. Not unless that companion is really special and something that just must land in my active list... and I know it's not... So... meh. it'll come when it comes...
  • reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    Thanks for the reply Andy.

Thread can be closed...
  • samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    I plan to give mine an obscene gesture as a name. I just have to figure out how to do it in ASCII.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    kvet said:

You mean, it's coming soon (tm). Oddly, I just don't care about this one. My companion pack is full anyway, and I'm not going to wait days for zen thanks to the backlog just to expand it. Not unless that companion is really special and something that just must land in my active list... and I know it's not... So... meh. it'll come when it comes...

+1 It looks kind of cool, but I'll never use it for active bonuses and it has a defense slot. Now if it slotted three rings and had a blue shield....
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I've spoken with Malley about this and it will be gifted to players. It wasn't quite ready yet for today's patch, but it will be. Sorry for the wait on this. *lowers head in shame*

Maybe, @strumslinger it would be a good idea to make this information more visible, seeing as how players are still asking about it all over the place.

Considering we don't have a dev tracker or anything....
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • sasagerusasageru Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Another companion no one really needs ^^: i'm not overly bothered personally, but false promises don't help and already flagging player base unfortunately.
    DPS Rogue | Heal/Buff Cleric

• ajlir#7970 ajlir Member Posts: 367 Arc User
    edited October 2016
    reg1981 said:

I just can't understand why it's like pulling freaking teeth to get information from you guys! Can someone please comment on this?

Not until the playerbase fixed their own morale on normal ToS dungeon.

I don't see a reason to give us special treatment.
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Lack of response is an old leadership trick. Basically start with giving no explanations for decisions/actions. The more you explain things the more people expect explanations and "leaders don't have time for that HAMSTER, were busy!" Basically they only ever explain anything when they absolutely have to and they say the least they can get away with.

Part 2 is explanations get picked apart. Then the leaders get called to task. They then have to spend time defending their decision. And they don't wanna!

So, this is why anyone in a leadership says stuff like, "Don't argue, just do it," or, "this is how it is going to be." Then they redirect anything on topic to another topic or end the discussion. This is also why it takes a collective near rebellion to get any explanation, let alone desired results.

For a good example of this look to the release of Elemental Evil. NEVER let them forget about Elemental Evil!
  • thegreatmikeythegreatmikey Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 122 Arc User
    Wow, they "hamstered out" the word rap with a "c" in front of it!
  • dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    whens this pet coming?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    dodgo said:

whens this pet coming?

Yesterday. If you have logged on to the Gateway in the past year, and did not receive this pet in your mailbox, please contact Customer Support to find out why.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png