test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Optimal weapons for Healadin

ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
So I'm still rocking the elemental fire skillet and shield that I got from EE and it seems like I know right away what to grind for on my other characters. I'm just at a loss for what weapons to start hunting for on my Healadin. What is the best end game weapon/shield set that I should be working toward (our guild isn't up to the guild gear yet so that's not an option for me at the moment).
Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

Comments

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    as a healadin, don't you still want to be able to get your daily back quickly? if so, then probably burning set.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    ^^^this burning is best, twisted is also an option as well.
  • ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    Okay, I wasn't sure if there was a better set than that.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• isaintify1isaintify1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 414 Arc User
    Twisted is one of the best options to get. Also is one of the easiest if you have another main character playing you can just buy it for yourself... Also I do not understand why people recommend Burning as I have 100% daily time with twisted set.
  • jaime4312#3760 jaime4312 Member Posts: 844 Arc User
    null
    That sounds right as long as you don't need to spam relentless avenger therefore making dungeon runs much longer as enemies get scattered all over the place, do you?

null

That sounds right as long as you don't need to spam relentless avenger therefore making dungeon runs much longer as enemies get scattered all over the place, do you?

For one thing you do not need RA to have 100% dailies but it helps in a lot of situations. Also it does not matter if enemies are scattered 10ft from you because they A come back instantly, B most attacks still affect them C if your party is garbage then yes it will take a little bit longer. But dungeons are also not meant to be "flown" through as you will see with FBI. Ive seen my friend play through it and RA will come in handy in there as most adds are immune to it.

• soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    i have not really played much healadin, so for my recommendation i was not sure. that's why i asked if it was important to get dailies back.

another thing about RA... the hate on that encounter is a little over the top. as mentioned, the adds come back with aggro on the tank pretty quickly. also you can launch yourself ahead of the group, get the aggro on the mob and everything is actually clumped together around you for the dps to attack. the only time this does not work is when the dps players are running in before the tank... which as we all know is a poor tactic.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • justawillyjustawilly Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 63 Arc User
    soonergm said:

i have not really played much healadin, so for my recommendation i was not sure. that's why i asked if it was important to get dailies back.

another thing about RA... the hate on that encounter is a little over the top. as mentioned, the adds come back with aggro on the tank pretty quickly. also you can launch yourself ahead of the group, get the aggro on the mob and everything is actually clumped together around you for the dps to attack. the only time this does not work is when the dps players are running in before the tank... which as we all know is a poor tactic.

Epic humiliation TIP:If some DPS doesn't let you charge in first... and dies... Just teabag him over and over:P He get the message sooner or later.
  • omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    ^^ this, made me ROFL, Im gonna use your tactic WIlly, but will have to be a V-bomb in my case since IM a chick =^-^= meow

~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
    soonergm said:

Well when they charge in, RA will usually end up saving their butts from being killed.

• nightranger7477nightranger7477 Member Posts: 211 Arc User
    Lmao teabag, nice.... it's their own fault if they are glass cannon dps and can't wait for us..... at least the long walk from the campfire will at least give them time to think twice about running in first.
  • treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    Stick with the burning until you reach a very high amount of AP genertion, the twisted will provide you better healing and damage but even at justice path after a certain "capability to heal lvl" more power will be useless (healing terms i mean), about damage twisted is no doubt the best for example around 30% of my damage is from DJ, the burning would probably proc every 2 DJ wich will mean a 12,5% increase on the 30% increase, something around 3,75% while twisted full stacked will be something around 9%.
    So....why the change for twisted when your ap generation is very decent? Because of this:Aura gifts, 25% of your power shared as long as the players in question are in a 30' range, meaning 2,5% more damage fro them and remember you can have this massive GWF dealing 10times more damage than you.

There is a new set coming:
    When you dodge, shift etc.....(raise aura for pally) you will get 10% more dps and 15% speed for 10 seconds.
    When you use dailly you will take 10% less damage and heal 15% of your hp in 10 seconds.

The healing is useless, the damage reduction is usefull, but it has a cooldown of 30 seconds and since the most probable is you be waiting for the dailly to use to rescue someone or using DJ to make damage you will trigger the protective bonus, and the weapon damage increase is not % increase of damage increase because the output of damage is calculated (weapon damage + power base damage)*multipliers, so suposing a power has a base of 2000 the real increase from twisted to shieldbarer is around 7% and not 14% increase while abilities with lower base damage will get better results overall, still it has less power that the twisted, around 3k, meaning less aura gifts and meaning that the damage can reach the shield barer's if the offensive bonus is not triggered.

Conclusion, if nothing changes about the new set, the best set to make faster dungeons is the twisted, but you'll need a good ap gain for situations like FBI for example, burning is as well good but more protective.