What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People hitting black portals on demogorgon

Comments

• Options
    warppigeon#7444 warppigeon Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I popped Demogorgan in my first black the other day, warlock with a no stam regen bug, + reviving a guy who died to get him in the gold. I might have to review my policy on pink beam martyrdom deserving a revive. because if you go down next to the gold portal you should just respawn. you're a hero, now res and get back in there so you don't force a team mate to stand next to a now black portal for the res.

also master demo targeting players who are stuck behind the Resurrection point is such a cruddy bug.
  • Options
    asmodeoussasmodeouss Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Anyone else remember back in the day when everyone was nice and helpful to each other and we rarely ever had to deal with trolls? The two are directly related. If its alright to take your time and be patient teaching your guild then its alright to be patient and teach anyone. The elitism and insults only feed the trolls and make more of them. Seriously if you want to pug and have it be ok all of us need to have a bit more patience and respect for people.
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.
  • Options
    jedidgjedidg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    So say we all!

#Undead Society
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

Anyone else remember back in the day when everyone was nice and helpful to each other and we rarely ever had to deal with trolls? The two are directly related. If its alright to take your time and be patient teaching your guild then its alright to be patient and teach anyone. The elitism and insults only feed the trolls and make more of them. Seriously if you want to pug and have it be ok all of us need to have a bit more patience and respect for people.

You are absolutely correct. If the troll is from an elite guild and simply spams in chat, I want gold, I want gold, we are not getting gold, than why even bother setting up the que if you will not help the group or get on the mic, etc... but expect to get gold.

I was in Dwarven Gods today and a GWF left and put in chat, not enough DPS.

We had 2 pally, myself, a CW and him. He left.

We almost got gold with 3 pally, CW and myself. I guess he didn't realize I'm not a healing type of DC. CW and I were neck and neck; the CW was also IL 3,300 compared to my 2,500. I took one side and the CW took the other. The Pally were in the middle holding the adds. The other player simply showed up and helped between me and the CW. Being that we both were blocking the bone golems and knowing the instance we came really close to getting gold. The only thing we did not get gold on was the first part. If that would have been at the 50% of gold or higher the whole run would have been gold.

I had no gripes with the run, got 2 purple gear to salvage for rough AD. Not a bad run IMO.
  • Options

Thank you! Agree 100%. Nothing like hearing a guy who is probably a smooth 100lbs or redneck and racist as hell, scream at people instead of actually helping them. All you do is drive people away from the game and take years off of your life stressing. ITS A GAME!!! fyi.....
  • Options
    shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Yeah, 80% of my demo runs go like:
    Person A: "YELLOW, NOT BLACK!"
    Person B: "wtf..."
    Person B deliberately targets black to annoy person A because he doesn't appreciate being screamed at before the fight has even started.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    thing is that idiot isn't just messing up the shouters run, but his own too. Amazing.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    OK so I have not tryed demo because ii have no clue what I'm supposed to to but I can't find any bids that actually say what I'm suppose to do.. I can find them that I can watch someone play but that's little help, can anyone help me out here...
  • Options
    There are guides available you just have to research them - there are a few on these forums, use the search box at the top of the page.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    armadeonx said:

There are guides available you just have to research them - there are a few on these forums, use the search box at the top of the page.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/search?Search=master+demo+guide here's what a search at the top of the page produces. Point out which one of these is a guide for me. There is a serious lack of info on this game available even here on this forum. So now you guys can stop expecting people to know before hand and realize there's not info readily available. No one wants to make any guides for this game either because the way everyone reacts and criticizes. Garlanaxx put together some and look how he was treated.
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.
  • Options
    tkyuskotkyusko Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I ran my first Demo last night and to be quite honest even after having watched videos, because I hate being "that guy", it's pretty daunting when all of the sudden you are being targeted and have to orient yourself to a portal. Now I never hit a black portal, or yellow one for that matter, but I can certainly see how someone new to the instance can get it wrong.

BTW screaming in chat or text "Yellow portal *explative*" does nothing productive.
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    What I've been trying to tell people to do is when the portal turns yellow, everyone in the group preemptively stand in front of it. This way no matter what he's going into that yellow portal
  • Options

armadeonx said:

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/search?Search=master+demo+guide here's what a search at the top of the page produces. Point out which one of these is a guide for me. There is a serious lack of info on this game available even here on this forum. So now you guys can stop expecting people to know before hand and realize there's not info readily available. No one wants to make any guides for this game either because the way everyone reacts and criticizes. Garlanaxx put together some and look how he was treated.
    With a grand total of 20 seconds research I found a good one on Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/4kbdvy/guide_to_epic_demo/

This guy gives a very good verbal explanation of the mechanics in all 3 phases along with explanations as to why you should or should not do certain things.

Here's one from these forums: arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1212608/epic-demogorgon-easy-gold-video-by-the-legendary-outlaws/p1

The info is out there, it simply requires sacrificing the desire to complain.

• Options
    edited September 2016
    armadeonx said:

armadeonx said:

With a grand total of 20 seconds research I found a good one on Reddit: https://reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/4kbdvy/guide_to_epic_demo/

This guy gives a very good verbal explanation of the mechanics in all 3 phases along with explanations as to why you should or should not do certain things.

Here's one from these forums: arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1212608/epic-demogorgon-easy-gold-video-by-the-legendary-outlaws/p1

You're the ones complaining not us. I don't see anyone here making threads about how bad it is to not know demo do you? Nope they just walk on in and love every second. You're the ones expecting things from them and creating little threads hoping what? the 99% of players who don't even use forums at all see it? good luck on that. Simple solution don't pug
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    That's the one big draw of single player games....it's fun to figure out things for yourself.

That's hard to do with online multiplayer especially in random lobbies; that's why I tend to stay out of them. Between people who honestly want to help inadvertently taking your fun away by being a "strategy guide" & elitists who live to tell you how much of a noob you are compared to them you are bound to get advice; you can always mute them or close text window though

Spoilers stink, lol. That said it is what it is & your first few times tackling an epic is likely just farm fest for others. I can sorta see their frustration

Honestly if you are running pubs you are rolling the dice. Don't sweat the small stuff try to be understanding & considerate or you are going to sour a lobby fast. May as well wipe & move to a fresh stall if that happens

BTW, I'm not you tubing any strategy. I don't on Monster Hunter which is (imo) honestly much harder than this game. To both secure my fun of discovery & not draw in random teammate conflict I also plan to tackle the epic dungeons with friends first as not to sour my experience or ruin the "farm speed" for those who are seasoned, impatient, & free with advice

Not everyone who tackles a boss wants an instant strategy guide on what to do to defeat it. Players are a varied lot....

This makes random interaction in multiplayer a varied experience. Sometimes great....other times it's so bad you wonder why you play with ransoms at all....

For me, it's to meet new friends. I know full well going in though what I find may be pretty far from friendly. In those cases I try to lead by example & teach them some class, even while they berate me for whatever.

Random lobbies lol; they are the true Wild West.
  • Options

armadeonx said:

I agree with you.

This game guide for classes is a joke. You have to use MMOminds and most of those are mod 6 or earlier; there are a few for mod 7, 8 and 9.

It would be nice if there was section for PVE Guides. The only thing that can be posted there would be guides on how to run various PVE content.
  • Options
    draftingdavedraftingdave Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Were they turned around and actually looking at the portal? They may have not realized it switched colors.

If you're lagging, buggy, or exiting safe zone too fast, the portals will show how they *were*, not how they're going to be when he charges. So if you check at that point, then face the boss, you don't realize they switched while you were turned. You think are lined up perfectly, only to send them straight into black.

Happened on my 2nd run while healing. I think I was just trying to be TOO preemptive and trying to take stock of the portals before they changed.

Either way, I recommend just running him towards the entrance. As long as everyone is on board, and your dps doesn't suck, you'll have plenty of time to kill him.
  • Options

armadeonx said:

armadeonx said:

You're the ones complaining not us. I don't see anyone here making threads about how bad it is to not know demo do you? Nope they just walk on in and love every second. You're the ones expecting things from them and creating little threads hoping what? the 99% of players who don't even use forums at all see it? good luck on that. Simple solution don't pug
    Lol please read MY comments and you'll see I have made no complaint, simply offered advice on how to learn about runs.

I personally have nothing to complain about as I only run edemo with my alliance or in 3k+ groups - I don't pug queue for it. I only pug in T2's where it doesn't matter if the rest of the team is bad as I can carry them on 4 out of my 6 characters.

I work on the thought that edemo pugs are for the less geared or the less serious - no issue with that, but when I run it I want a gold result and so choose groups that are of a similar mindset.

People can either check the links I shared and learn how to do it right - or not. I'm not bothered as I'll never have to group with them, the advice is there for anyone who wants it. If they don't want it then I have no issue :)

• Options
    aeolus#2736 aeolus Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Someone that's new to demo can learn the fight or be taught it. Screw ups happen. No big deal. My issue is with the trolls that deliberately try their damndest to ruin a run for laughs. You can't do nothing but report them but ya never know if anything happens to them. They honestly need to be banned or something then showcased that were banned for whatever reason to dissuade them from doing it.
  • Options
    armadeonx said:

armadeonx said:

armadeonx said:

Lol please read MY comments and you'll see I have made no complaint, simply offered advice on how to learn about runs.

I personally have nothing to complain about as I only run edemo with my alliance or in 3k+ groups - I don't pug queue for it. I only pug in T2's where it doesn't matter if the rest of the team is bad as I can carry them on 4 out of my 6 characters.

I work on the thought that edemo pugs are for the less geared or the less serious - no issue with that, but when I run it I want a gold result and so choose groups that are of a similar mindset.

People can either check the links I shared and learn how to do it right - or not. I'm not bothered as I'll never have to group with them, the advice is there for anyone who wants it. If they don't want it then I have no issue :)
    What you and many players here seem to forget is not everyone is tuned into the forums. This game has 12 million players on 3 platforms. That is crazy and how many players actually have accounts and actually post. Not as many that have logged into and played NW.

Your recommendation and thought that everyone should checkout your link falls on deaf ears due to the number of players here vs. what is in game.

I looked up for guides and what not on UTube, not many people have placed them there and that is another issue all together and the ones that are there, most of the presenters are annoying as hell, so I simply ignore them and go about my day pugging it first to learn the mechanics. Best way to learn is by doing. Always has been and if you can't learn than stop doing. But if you pay attention and learn things go ahead and continue.

For instance, I did not understand the mechanics of PoM ToDG when I first attempted them. Heck it took a while for me to learn them because each instance has two different sets of mechanics. Now I have them down Pat and I know what to do.

Tiamat my first time in I got gold but I had no idea what I was doing. Second time I pick up on things and learned the mechanics of it. Now I know what to do in Tiamat.

I been in Demo a total of 2 times and I honestly hate that fight and I only want to run it for a chance at gold again but I got luck first time in with a group that melted him. The second time I got silver but we had two players from the so called top guild sitting inside putting into chat, We not getting gold! and they both were a DPS. We knew that because they weren't helping.

I still don't know the mechanic but I will learn it. Watching your video won't improve my knowledge of it too much because each run is unique but if I run it I can learn the tells to improve my skill of that dungeon much better than watching any old video.

The best advice I have for any player is go pug content, learn mechanic and than form groups for quick runs.

• Options
    aurelia#4512 aurelia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    I have a very simple message for phase 2 that I do when I lead demos (which I do fairly often). "Aim at entrance unless you are 100% sure you can hit the gold portal"
    The biggest issue I run into is that purple hits and misses cost so much lost DPS even on a modest DPS group. If you tanking demo near the entrance well and people being able to burn constantly and always get gold hits or constant burns while he dances across the sanity well then you can gold every time even with people that aren't used to playing together.
  • Options
    I understand - here's some info on the run's mechanics courtesy of Kerupt:

1. Phase 1. Open a purple portal together, run to sanity well, then open next purple portal TOGETHER.
    Yes yes, we all know by now no green portals. But more importantly in phase one when opening purple portals, do it together. Do not run off by yourself and open a portal and try to solo it. you will most likely die and cause your team valueable time. Open a purple portal together, run to sanity well then open next purple portal TOGETHER.

2. Phase 2. DPS Him down from sanity well
    Most people think you need yellow portals to win phase 2. This is not the case as you can see in my video below. Phase 2 was cleared in 1 minute 33 seconds without using any yellow portals. Our basic stategy here is all ranged dps stay in the first blue sanity well and keep constant dps on him. When someone gets aggro from his charge we aim the charge towards the entrance. This allows most people to continue to dps him while he charges and resets.

3. Phase 3. Let the tank go first
    There is only 1 constant blue sanity well in phase 3. This well is right as you click in. The idea is to pull demo just a little south of the middle so ranged dps can stay in blue sanity well the entire fight, and everyone else has quick and easy access to well if they need it. The only sure fire way to pull him to the right spot is to have the tank go in first, pull demogorgon and once he is in the right spot everyone else enters.

This small amount of info sums up all the basics.

• Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited October 2016
    armadeonx said:

You do realise that the forums are owned by the same people that own the game? Being offensive on the forums can get you banned from the game.

Forum bans and Games bans are handled separately.

The only time your in game account is effected by your forum account is if you admit to violating a serious in game rule such as abusing an exploit. Even then an investigation will be launched to verify your own claims before action against your in game account is taken.

Just behaving badly on the forums will not negatively impact your ability to play the game.
  • Options
    rez#2277 rez Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    Maybe people arent noobs and arent trolling. Maybe they are evil characters and just role playing their alignment.
  • Options
    osea101#6331 osea101 Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    Pro tip on phase 2: Position yourself in range for a yellow portal (they switch sides each time he charges) that way you dont have to do much panic running if you get targeted. I find this extremely helpful on my CW since she moves so damn slow.
  • Options
    hartrek#9713 hartrek Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    edited October 2016

What I hate the most is that you send party invites and people deny them.

I have never accepted blind invites, nor will I ever. How can I know what you are wanting to do? Probably it's the total opposite of what I'm going to do now. You want to invite me? *Tell* me your objective first. That's also the only way I can explain why I can't participate atm. Blind invites dont have the possibility.
    Gáleah Elóthanil  Female Sun Elf CW 70 2500
    Hartrek Runemaster Male  Dwarf  GF 70 2300
    Faeruil  Female Drow  TR 70 1600
  • Options
    thrill#1417 thrill Member Posts: 163 Arc User

They just have no idea what to do and you being toxic doesn't help. Nothing anywhere ever explains the fight you just have to figure it out yourself, then when people come in the first time they get toxic nonsense slung at them. Guess what? I'd troll you too change your attitude. This goes for all of life too bring that attitude anywhere near me in any facet of life i will make it hell on you until you learn to grow up and have respect.

I am pretty sure there is a cut scene that tells you to hit the portals and expressly shows a YELLOW portal.
  • Options
    metalicum1metalicum1 Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    I don't know why but people HAMSTER up in Demo to black is incredibly annoying, so many players are furious when this happens (me included). The thing is that when you go into a high Raid, you should look up what to do first. Then 9 people are furious because you were lazy to look up a guide, or at least a short description. It's so annoying.

But people doing it on purpose in Master Demo ... That drives me mad.
    Aris Meyde CW MoF Renegade

[PS4] Alliance - House Stargaryen
  • Options
    ulthgrimulthgrim Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Had my very first Demo run a couple days ago, got in and watched while trying to help so I could learn the mechanics. One guy started in with the "you guys suck", "OMG this group is full of idiots" mantras and other fun stuff, then he stated he was going to wait by the campfire and started a vote to abandon the instance. I guess everyone got fed up and voted to leave. I promptly reported said individual for disparaging comments and non-participation, I sincerely hope he gets banned or a few days as a lesson in how not to behave and interact with other people. I really dislike people who act like this. (this post has been filtered for your protection).