test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

[PS4] Laggy...

eolwyaneolwyan Member Posts: 3 Arc User
edited September 2016 in Peer to Peer Tech Forum
Any one else experiencing massive lag today on the servers? I can't barely move at all today. It's pretty bad.
Post edited by zebular on

Comments

• Options
    demonicdraco#5598 demonicdraco Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    crazy laggy last few hours its not even worth trying to play for me atm...
  • Options
    tachiharatachihara Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    Been like this all week. I dunno if it was the Playstation software update or something happened last time the servers went down for maintenance. Rubberbanding sometimes hundreds of yards enemies teleporting spells going on not firing and going on cooldown anyway. Sometimes a room change helps sometimes not. There is a lot of packet loss happening somewhere along the line.
  • Options
    mdman#9000 mdman Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    I couldn't even play last night it was so bad. Little improvement today, but not worth the frustration.
  • Options
    asmodeoussasmodeouss Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    My god its lagging so bad. Thought it was just me. It's diamond grind though so i got no choice but to deal with it
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.
  • Options
    jark#5203 jark Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Yeah, I felt a little sickly earlier tryin to play through that insane rubber band <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>. I was hoping to get some AD and XP for some other characters, but totally unplayable like that. It's a real shame, because it's a good game...when it runs well. But it really is not running well in Australia on PS4 at the moment. Might have to look for a new game:!
  • Options
    jark#5203 jark Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    null
    not KITTEN, C R A P ! :neutral:
  • Options
    xxmsfusionxxxxmsfusionxx Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    The lag is terrible today. Rubber banding like i have the teleport skill 3 sec here poof 3 sec there.
  • Options
    daimon15#2536 daimon15 Member Posts: 38 Arc User
    I just come to check foruns, becouse since like morning, i had so much lag. Right now i give up play, becouse was having massive roolbacks lag. Another players say have the same. I belive its maybe becouse so much online (monday).
    I already did all the tests, and internet is fine here, all the rest (other games) are ok..
  • Options
    zaggy101#7615 zaggy101 Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Well, it's obvious everyone is going through this, past week and now even worse today!!! please shut down servers for a bit to please fix... iam guessing it's the influx of people playing i hope... but even the cut scenes and the loading is bad lol... please fix.. especially since it's the month long event!!!
  • Options
    zheng#6107 zheng Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Try play master demo the moment you go into the room you start studder lagging. After attacking the air for a minute I gave up and the group broke. Wtf is going onnnnn
  • Options
    zheng#6107 zheng Member Posts: 83 Arc User
    Mad lag, unplayable atm
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    I've been playing all night since around 5pm Eastern and absolutely no lag at all.
  • Options
    sevendust387#5375 sevendust387 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    not so much the lag but the rubber banding kills it for me
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    Frame rate in the well while doing dragons... But that's not lag.
    What agreed, is horrible today.
  • Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Still, I've been playing just fine no lag what-so-ever since 5pm eastern. Still in game even, no lag.
  • Options
    bandrashubandrashu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    zebular said:

Still, I've been playing just fine no lag what-so-ever since 5pm eastern. Still in game even, no lag.

I dont know what is causing this but on one of my toons I couldnt even take like 2 steps kin any directions because of lag/rubberbanding but on another toon it was ok. Both of the toons were in Protector's Enclave.

When the second toon was working fine I logged back the first one and it had the same issue.

Seems to be a bit weird.
  • Options
    ravenskyaravenskya Member Posts: 1,891 Arc User
    zebular said:

I don't know how you managed it - I generally am the only one who doesn't have much lag. Yesterday (Sunday) am (EST) I went into the Dread Ring and saw approx. 10 people all hovered in various places outside the archway to get into the Dread Ring. I thought it was odd until I tried to go into the actual Dreadring. I made it through the arches and was shot back to behind the door. I ran back out, back behind the door. I did this and watched others do it for about 5 minutes thinking it was just a spike. I reset my PS4 and loaded back in. Same thing. I finally swapped instances to one that had 3 people in it. I still stuttered through the entire thing. Dread Spire was terrible. It took me over 2 hours to complete what normally takes me 30 minutes (DR Dailys)

Only minor stuttering in PE, Swapped Characters and tried to do the Beholder tank thing, lag was back, at times couldn't move at all. Was fine in Grey Wolves Den, but wiped everyone in Demo. In the end I played until I got frustrated. Then did something else, gave it some time and then came back and tried again until I got frustrated again.

Lag cleared up about 9 pm EST for me.

Clearly something was askew. PSN chat of 8 people, almost always full with different people cycling through it through the day. 100% of the people playing NW yesterday were frustrated with the lag. Representatives from GA, OH, NY, TX, AZ, LA, Canada, UK, and Mexico.

The Lag was real.
    Founding Member of "Wrong Side of the Stronghold"
    Ravenskya - TR / Krisha Chaos - OP / Waffles - GF / Dex Domitor - HR
    Becky the trendy GWF - GWF / Too Toasty - SW / Falcor - DC / Morrigan - CW / Sir Didymus - OP

• Options
    fenumren#8252 fenumren Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Arc is quick to take my money for zen , but bloody slow to fix this lag, died 4 times on a simple quest, gave up on 3 epic dungeons because its impossible to play. Invest more money that's a laugh they cannot believe their luck on the money they are taking from us atm. Fill our bags with 3 repeats of the same item, its pure greed and no effort to fix problems. And yes I am pretty angry at spending time pinging back and forth getting nowhere.
  • Options
    shimorishimori Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Had lag and rubber banding a little last night but wasn't a lot and I could manage. Got home today and it was fine for first 30min then I got horrid lag and rubber banding. Tried restarting, rebooted my modem and router, even left for a couple hours. Came back still unplayable. My friend says he was playing fine with no lag.