test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Steam Wallet payment removed?

badzerabadzera Member Posts: 4 Arc User

It was removed permanent or temporary to steam for purchase option

Comments

• mercedesmanmercedesman Member Posts: 200 Arc User
    yeah what gives with this. Seems this happens a lot after an update. Is it gone? like the gateway? was there a memo circulated to internal Cryptic staff stating that they were going to shaft us on this for a few days? Just asking..
  • panderuspanderus Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,007 Cryptic Developer
    We are aware, not sure yet what happened. I think you can use the Steam overlay to get there indirectly.
  • drkbodhidrkbodhi Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,378 Arc User
    I play through the Steam launcher... and it was not available to me. Not that I am complaining for the extra 300 Zen.

So no you cannot buy Zen with Steam right now... unless there is a way that I did not think of.
    ez0sf4K.png
    Atwil "At" - Tiefling TR / Saardush - Black Dragonborn GWF / White - Tiefling OP
    Leadership Council of Civil Anarchy
    SYNERGY Alliance
    panderus thanks for the reply.. kinda feel like an HAMSTER for my rudeness.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User

panderus thanks for the reply.. kinda feel like an KITTEN for my rudeness.

Tempers are running a bit hot due to recent decisions haha.

But I think you can rest assured that anything preventing players from sending in money will be addressed ASAP. New content, exploits, bugs, balance issue etc. don't pay the bills. Zen sales do.
  • drecksack1999drecksack1999 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    > @badzera said:
    > It was removed permanent or temporary to steam for purchase option
    For how long am i not able to buy zen from steam ??
  • guille23mxguille23mx Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Yeah im itching for this as well
  • sneak#6191 sneak Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Yes as usual they flash the icon to encourage you to buy (most people say this as if it's negative but there's nothing wrong with this) and I noticed the Steam thing was removed. In my case it doesn't matter because I refuse to give them another cent since they'd rather be stubborn and argue with me over a $5 purchase they falsely advertised than correct the issue and satisfy their customer.
    Atodaso@sneak#6191
    Tornado Of Souls

• oncefabled#7299 oncefabled Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I put money in my steam wallet to buy Zen and its redirecting me to the ARC billing page instead? I've purchased Zen through STEAM before. I don't understand why it's not working. Any admins?
    Any word? Please let me know if you want me to use your portal instead so I can put this to rest and do something else. Try researching my account and seeing how much money I have dropped in through steam. I am not proud of it, but I am sure I could have bought a small used car by now.
  • wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    open your wallet, and let it f a r t at the wallet, and you finally get gas money.

gosh, that "cut the cheese" isnt the "Hamster", it not a swear word. where your sense of humor?
  • hannes#6947 hannes Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Here too. :( Cant pay in my fund from steam wallet :(
    Same
    So still not Steam Payments
    well now that I have money in my steam wallet and was going to use it if this game.. maybe it is time to visit the steam store and see what else is out there. I am sure that in my 4000+ hours in this game other games have been released that might need exploring. This might be a God send in the end.
  • nephtys158nephtys158 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1 Arc User
    Rdiculous i spend all my money to put wallet on steam and cant buy zen ... ni ARC fix
    PLEASE remove that Capchta, those picture puzzle are too tiny, cant tell which is "store business", i get confused with road signs with street numbers.
    it is EPIC fail and waste of time when someone who dont have time to mess with puzzles when there is a group waiting for you in a hurry.
    fire that guy who made this mess! it is not good business practice. when we log on to the game, there shouldnt be having a roadblocks to access.
    edited September 2016
    OK panderus it has been a week for this to be "fixed".. if it is the intent of cryptic to remove this ability from the game because it has limited use for PS2 and X-box then please let us know. I put my money into this because I have other interests that feed from it. If cryptic has no intention of re-enabling this, as a simple courtesy to us, be up front and tell us so.
    Post edited by mercedesman on
  • yokki1yokki1 Member Posts: 451 Arc User

OK panderus it has been a week for this to be "fixed".. if it is the intent of cryptic to remove this ability from the game because it has limited use for PS2 and X-box then please let us know. I put my money into this because I have other interests that feed from it. If cryptic has not intention of re-enabling this, as a simple courtesy to us, be up front and tell us so.

and someone notify steam as well.
  • onerakonerak Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I guess I will find another game to throw my money at. Its been a week... what is going on ? and no you can not use steam overlay to buy zen. It does not give you that option.
  • nevfenevfe Member Posts: 214 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    It's probably the same reason that Rift recently disabled Steam wallet payments. The devs on that game explained that there's an exploit to do with the Steam regional pricing, so hackers can pretend they are from the country with the lowest price.
    well if that were the case maybe they could communicate it to us... But at this point, after almost 2 years of playing, I am done putting money towards a service that does not treat me like a valued customer. I have started selling parts off of my other toons to buy new things for my current toon. Since this is a thread on people complaining because they cannot spend money in the game, think of this, do you really want to put more money into something that treats you as a customer like this?? it is because we are addicted that we do and still want to. The goal of this company should be to entice the customer to spend money with them not alienate the customer and make him/her not want to part with their cash. All that said and the simple fact is that us folks on the PC are the minority when it comes to their sales now.
  • drecksack1999drecksack1999 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I put also money on steam. I cant buy zen though please help!
    temporary or permanently==????
  • andorrabellandorrabell Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 437 Arc User
    Zen backlog is getting sick... where is an update on this... I'm guessing they are related issues.
  • dupeksdupeks Member Posts: 1,789 Arc User
    panderus said:

We are aware, not sure yet what happened. I think you can use the Steam overlay to get there indirectly.

@panderus any updates on this?

I think it's having a noticeable effect on the PC economy. It would be good to get an update from you whether this is intended, and whether it is temporary or permanent.

Since this is tied to the monetization of the game, I'm kind of surprised that this hasn't been a priority topic for updates. Perhaps whoever mentioned some sort of potential for abuse was right, and pulling Steam support was a business decision. If so, it should be communicated clearly.

This feels a whole lot like the Gateway situation, and I think we can agree the communication there was not handled well.
    just my opinion, it seem reason why it get laggy.

what if they (sellers) were "duping" the copies the fake ADs into zen exchange? many games experianced severe lags/crashing due to dupe bugs.
  • weaver936weaver936 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 443 Arc User
    panderus said:

12 days later annnnnd.......?
    “Improvise, Adapt and Overcome!”

― Clint Eastwood, Heartbreak Ridge

Guild Leader of Ardent Justice HQ: Always recruiting People not Pixels.

FOUNDER and OWNER of the SKT3K Channel: SKT Only Content 3k+. http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1228278/skt-content-for-the-non-elite-video-links-provided
    I am not saying this to be a negative nelly, but think for a second. We have money in an account that is READY to fund this game OR any other game in the steam catalog. I myself see this as a reason for me to curtail spending so much time and money in any one game and to get out of my chair and do something more productive. Maybe instead of us complaining, we just use the cash we put in there to do something else. If I were hungry and the restaurant I was at wouldn't take my order or refused to take my payment method, I would just go to another that would. It IS that simple.