test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Star Trek Online?

terrordactyl#4367 terrordactyl Member Posts: 133 Arc User
Apparently it's ready to download on PS4 now? Anyone tried it? Is it like Neverwinter? Does it have the same concepts like lockboxes and Zen/Astral Diamond exchange equivalent?

Thought I would post it here as there is no PS4 forum....and it's an Arc/Cryptic game so obviously ok

Not sure I have enough hours to play both, but would be keen to hear the similarities and differences

Comments

• f9thretxcf9thretxc Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    STO uses dilithium instead of AD, and they do have lock boxes as well. currently, the lock box offers a slim chance at two different T6 Cardassian/Dominion ships.

Fun game on the pc, slightly watered down for the console, but still enjoyable. I give STO on console a 3.5- 4 out of 5.​​
    My mother always told me to walk away from a fight, The Marines taught me how.
  • drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I have downloaded it but not had a chance to try it yet.
  • drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User

I have downloaded it but not had a chance to try it yet.

same here
  • mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    Download it and played it for about an hour. It is ok but I'm not interested in a game like that as a MMO. I don't like how they made the engineer both a healer and tank role. WTF are games doing this, making one class have both roles.
  • felix313felix313 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Currently playing and loving STO on the PS4, while skill activation/aiming isn't as good as on PC I'm generally impressed with the port.
  • demigodgamer#7121 demigodgamer Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    Shouldn't this be posted on the Star Trek Forums?

• Played about an hour this a.m. is it mostly space fights? I hope not because it was so boring I just literally logged out in the middle of one.
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User

Played about an hour this a.m. is it mostly space fights? I hope not because it was so boring I just literally logged out in the middle of one.

It's a rough balance of space and ground fighting.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    edited September 2016
    @terrordactyl#4367 This has been moved to Off Topic.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • I stream both Neverwinter and STO as my main games for my twitch stream. Loving both and building a great community of family friendly/chill viewers that play together and talk all things geek. Come by on the evenings if you want to see some of STO in action it's very fun and glad as a PS4 player I can enjoy both incredible games!
    "Huzzah raise your horns!"
    For RPGs and amazing community
    www.twitch.tv/elementalstorm23