test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

People hitting black portals on demogorgon

So my question is what's up with hitting black portals on purpose? Why are you doing this? Every other demogorgon run there is one person that does that. It's even worse than people that are not playing at all.

Comments

• Options
    twintails70sw#8053 twintails70sw Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Agreed. However, there are times when every dgn has someone, a new lvl 70/2000-2500 iL that is there for the first time, and doesn't realize that the colors mean something completely different, or don't know what do do. things go really fast especially in demogorgon; just be patient with them. the'll learn. We were all noobs once.
  • Options
    drdrjim#4922 drdrjim Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Ya I'd attribute most of the times it's happened to me to people who are new or someone who isn't paying attention *cough*clueless SW midcast*cough*.
  • Options
    basienka#4850 basienka Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    But I'm not talking about people who are doing it first time or don't know what "yellow" means. There are people that do it on purpose. I played today with a guy that was chosen 3 times in a row and he aimed three times in the center of black portal, dancing everytime after boss hit it.

I also saw a guy in a dwarven valley knocking cauldrons today from dailies. I understand when someone steals one cauldron to do their own daily, but this guy was running from one cauldron to another when other people were fighting with trolls.

• Options
    asmodeoussasmodeouss Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    I think its directly related to the horribly toxic garbage everyone is typing into chat. If you're going to be horribly toxic to people about a game don't be surprised when they troll you. Might not have even been your group that did it but people get sick of that and they respond.
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.
  • Options
    basienka#4850 basienka Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    So that person sees on zone chat ( because nobody uses match chat) "yellow portal #^*@" or something like that and decides to ruin game for 9 other people? that's great..
  • Options
    vidgamrjvidgamrj Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    The problem is that one guy who is always having a meltdown in chat because not everyone is a hardcore demogorgon vet. That person is discouraging new players and encouraging toxic players.
  • Options
    bandrashubandrashu Member Posts: 19 Arc User
    There are people closing all the green portals at phase 1 as well. They are doing it on purpose. They are the same ones hitting the black portals as well. Or at least that is what I have experienced recently.
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    Sometimes I wish friendly fire was allowed.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    They just have no idea what to do and you being toxic doesn't help. Nothing anywhere ever explains the fight you just have to figure it out yourself, then when people come in the first time they get toxic nonsense slung at them. Guess what? I'd troll you too change your attitude. This goes for all of life too bring that attitude anywhere near me in any facet of life i will make it hell on you until you learn to grow up and have respect.
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.
  • Options
    drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I've never done this yet so it's good to know. What color portal do you want to hit?
  • Options
    nosworc#5848 nosworc Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    I tried Demo once, didn't have a clue what i was doing but i learned as the fight went on. The issue i have is people shouting out "OMFG NOOBZ" in chat, i have no time for this and i haven't ran Demo since.
  • Options
    zarchaun41zarchaun41 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    As anyone ever thought of looking up the fight mechanics online before you try a fight like this??? There is no reason today to not know a fight before hand.

• Options
    vidgamrjvidgamrj Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    For most first timers, the game has been a complete cake walk up to this point. Why would anyone even think that they're about to be in a fight that relies heavily on mechanics, that there will be a minority that expects them to know the fight, and even a couple that will belittle them for not knowing it?
  • Options
    There are videos and discussions on these very forums, youtube has videos. There is also normal demo where you can do practice runs.

When you go in blind you can easily wreck the entire run for the party by opening the wrong portals - hence people becoming intolerant because they'll have experienced this same player initiated fail many times before.

On xbox people rarely queue publicly anymore because of this - public is for low IL players that can't get into an organised group. I've only run it once in public and it was a disaster, since then I've only run with my guild/alliance. Sure we still need to instruct people who are new to it but as we're all part of the same alliance there's a greater sense of cooperation so new players follow instructions and experienced players give info without insults.

• Options
    nosworc#5848 nosworc Member Posts: 27 Arc User

As anyone ever thought of looking up the fight mechanics online before you try a fight like this??? There is no reason today to not know a fight before hand.

The same reason i didn't do it when i played WoW, i don't like stuff being spoiled. I learn fast but expecting people to know everything straight off the bat is stupid. The funny thing is all these people that are whining in chat were "noobs" themselves once.
  • Options
    mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User

They just have no idea what to do and you being toxic doesn't help. Nothing anywhere ever explains the fight you just have to figure it out yourself, then when people come in the first time they get toxic nonsense slung at them. Guess what? I'd troll you too change your attitude. This goes for all of life too bring that attitude anywhere near me in any facet of life i will make it hell on you until you learn to grow up and have respect.

So untrue! It is called you tube. Anyone with half a brain would be like hey I ran this and we failed or got bronze, why? Let me see what I did wrong. I am not sure what your deal is but you should read peoples posts. He said the person jumped on several times and did it then danced. That means it was deliberate. It is not a toxic post. The OP even said it is not pointed to people who are new or doing it the first time. I cannot stand people who come in and troll. It was simple question and it was answered. Then you come in talking trash as usual. Toxic this toxic that. Everything is toxic! ROFL.
  • Options
    aurelia#4512 aurelia Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    There are two strategies for phase 2 of demo that we have used to gold regularly. We farm 10-20 edemo golds regularly in a night.
    1. Pre-Aim: Watch for the yellow portal and call it out. Have your group move and stack between the boss and the yellow portal and whoever gets it fine tunes the shot. The problem is the daze/purple ray makes this strategy kind of hard to keep going even with good execution by the team and after it runs into any difficulties execution by the team falls off quickly.
    2. Well Burn: Park the Col. demon about 25-30 feet from the entrance well of sanity and have the ground stand near the well so that everyone can DPS and stay alive constantly. If it gets on you aim him at the well/entrance wall. You will be able to keep DPSing 70-80% of the time which surprisingly will make up for hits on the gold portal. We also encourage people who are really good at aiming to the gold to go ahead and take a hit but it actually hurts overall dps in a high dps group.
    We used to gold with Pre-Aim but a week or two ago we switched to Well Burn and never looked back. We have even made it work well with late night lower dps groups (where my poor CW would get the top dps score:) It is amazing how much burn time you get as long as the tank positions it perfectly and you have a good cleric buff/debuf rotation going. A 2500-3000 gear score group should be able to execute it just fine. In these cases feel free to have the people who are really good at aiming aim it and the rest who are not so good stack near the well.

–Narria [LGPG]
    Post edited by aurelia#4512 on
  • Options
    edited September 2016
    All that's fine but try telling it to the people in the random queues instead of acting like raging psychopaths. Heres one for you, don't like people not knowing the fight? DON'T PUG. And i'm not going to youtube to play a game i'm playing the damn game. Don't like it? Again don't pug genius. Act like toxic swine i will aim that sucker at purple portals and give him don mega heals until you cry. You could try acting like decent human beings but that's out of the question so get trolled.
    Post edited by asmodeouss on
  • Options
    You do realise that the forums are owned by the same people that own the game? Being offensive on the forums can get you banned from the game.

• Options
    drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User

there are many reason not to ruin your game experience by looking up strategies online

• Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Best solution I have found in other games that work well is get everyone into group chat. If everyone has mic and you should as we are all on the PS4, you can communicate the mechanics of the instance and do so not only prior to starting it but also during it. This would help the group achieve success and hit gold status.

The issues I have seen in this game with group chat is that not everyone speaks the same language and this can result in failure for the group. Best solution is run with your guild with a full que group, problem solved.

• Options
    mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User

Best solution I have found in other games that work well is get everyone into group chat. If everyone has mic and you should as we are all on the PS4, you can communicate the mechanics of the instance and do so not only prior to starting it but also during it. This would help the group achieve success and hit gold status.

The issues I have seen in this game with group chat is that not everyone speaks the same language and this can result in failure for the group. Best solution is run with your guild with a full que group, problem solved.

Agreed! Not sure why people are so scared to join a guild?

What I hate the most is that you send party invites and people deny them. i know there are valid reasons for doing so. But still just listen to instruction (unless language barrier). I have tried picking up pugs to be nice and you can tell it is their first time. We try running it a few times hoping they catch on, but 8 out of 10 they do not even after 3 runs. You type what to do, they ignore it. Typing becomes frustrating, especially when they do not listen. Or maybe just dont understand the language. It is like you said, either get a 5 man group of known people you can communicate with or just deal with 2hr + run.
  • Options
    scruffyforumscruffyforum Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I don't think they're scared, its just that guilds aren't for everyone. Its been that way for any game that has clans/guilds/whatever-the-game-wants-to-call-them's. It can also be the fact that X person got into a group with Y person from Z guild and saw trash talk or blaming or toxic behaviour from Y person and just said "Nope, not a guild for me."

Voice chat can bring out the worst in toxic players, or you have the wanna-be DJ, or the racial-slur slinging idiot.
  • Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    What I hate about guilds are the blind invites.....I mean we haven't played together yet & here, just for me, your invite. It's not that I fear guilds or clans....I've ran one for that matter. It's just I don't like getting treated like a rug; especially in a free to play.

Oh, your clan wants me to "buy in" with bells & other nonsense. Go twist in the wind.

It's like a door to door salesman, lol. Most blind invites I get are just auditions to act as a donor.

I dunno, should we maybe play together first....the games IS free to play after all....before you start asking stuff from me?
  • Options
    Getting into a guild via these forums is often a better way. You get to read up a bit about them and can pm /post any questions you may have.

• Options
    Wow, I obviously have a ways to go to face Demogorgon, I'm still a young padawan dungeoneer, but I will have to do my research beforehand obviously.
    The road to Glory is one with many obstacles
  • Options
    gjrgamergjrgamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I've PuG'd only one Demogorgon with my GWF (busy levelling my DC to do more endgame stuff with), but in this day and age of gaming (especially one where you've got other real people to consider) I did my research on the skirmish before I attempted it.

Even so, there was an obvious troll in that group. At the start everything was fine and we got the encounter down almost a quarter before this one player got tagged and twice in a row he moved the arrow from a yellow portal to a black one and basically reset the boss' health to full.

Even to me, a first timer in there, it looked painfully obvious that was what he was trying to achieve. Seriously, who does that?
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    That's random pugs for you lol

• Options
    qatar87qatar87 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    all i see when i pug is when we start some guy start to shout purple only

after the first phase the same guy shouts yellow portals

after few missed portals the same guy shouts again " noobs go play pokemon " lol

• Options
    jedidgjedidg Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I think there's a very clear difference between people who are new to the run and people who are deliberately sabotaging a run. The former need a bit of guidance and the latter just need to be trolled until they sell their console ;)

My experience of my first Demo run was ok - I'm a healer, so I had the common sense to hide in a sanity well and heal as per.

I think the most important quality when doing these runs is the ability to WATCH and LEARN quickly. Nobody is expecting you to be perfect first time (and if they are, then they are the problem - not you), but it is expected that you work out what is going on and get better for your second and third runs. If you're going into a string of runs with no clue then the onus is on you to Google the tactics or take the flak!

D