What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

CTA Leeches

Comments

• Options
    mossy#5930 mossy Member Posts: 121 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Thank you for the reasonable response frostreever; I also do understand where you are coming from as there are some who do this in a habitual manner just for freebies. I'm no fan of that behavior either....also congratulations & good luck with your 2 year old. It gets both better & worse the older they get
  • Options
    waylander#3979 waylander Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Still don't get why the majority gets so butt hurt over this. I really could care less about the leeches
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    principle of the matter. people think they deserve a free ride somehow. they really don't.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    If it's not an organized group though & is a public lobby, those are the chances you take. Avoiding the behavior is as easy as knowing who you game with

For instance in other games where I ran a clan I would never try to engage in an organized clan war or take on a difficult special when I was on call, or even when my family was up & around.

During "busier" "free times" if I had something easy or mundane to do like farming or dailys to do on my character & had the chance, I'd jump into a more casual pub setting where the etiquette is more relaxed & there isn't usually such bother over having to go afk.

Expecting all others to play a game completely by a stringent code of conduct/rule set that's made by you, a player, rather than they, the developer is both unreasonable & unrealistic. However, houserules of your clan or gaming with friends that appreciate your point of view...there you have some control & resonable expectations

I'm no fan of leaches either but turning off my console every time something goes sideways....lol, nope.

Least I'm honest about it though. If you don't like it you can block me. That's really all you can do....

Fortunately though the PS4 is a huge install base & I figure tons of folks are/will be playing. We have this forum to get to know each other & connect....build up the base camps of both casuals & hardcore folks.

Eventually after the games been out longer & we've all been playing longer, building up friend lists & clans hopefully it won't be such an issue of frustration

Eventually, in a nirvana setting, the hardcore will be playing away even while bagels burn, casuals will be making slower progress than the hardcore but in a relaxed comfortable setting that excuses brief afk's & the true leaches will all be standing by the fire looking at each other getting nothing for doing nothing, as folks just don't want to play with...or better said...for them.
    Post edited by mossy#5930 on
  • Options
    onewingedmenace#5432 onewingedmenace Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Just fix the vote kick feature so we can kick leechers, problem solved.
  • Options
    thrilk#9892 thrilk Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    "<blockquote class="Quote" rel="asmodeouss">Yall need to work on your builds if one scrubby can slow you down. Hell three of them can go take a dirt nap and i'll still clear it in the same time.</blockquote>"

Nope, how about put the blame where it belongs, on the free riders. People are trying to grind the CTA's. I am a 2100 OP and I got one the other day with a bunch of item level 200 level players and one other 2100+ DPS player. He decided to free ride it so it took me twice as long to get the level done. From now on I don't leave the platform until everyone else does.

If you want to be a scumbag and free ride off other players, go for it, but don't criticize the players who are sick of it.
  • Options
    slyslepkava#8596 slyslepkava Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Don't overload enchantments work off of "combat time"? Require a certain % of total time spent in combat time in skirmishes to receive a reward. If they don't want to fight, they'd have to actively shift around in combat stance close to enemies to ensure they receive a reward....seems like more trouble than it's worth, and at that point, they'd probably just fight.

Because total time is undetermined at the start, they can't just get X amount of combat time and just quit, because they don't know what the total time of the skirmish will be until the finish.
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    First and foremost if you go AFK and do not contribute at all, you should get nothing. Other games can do this where players who do nothing get nothing. I'm sure NW can find a way to incorporate this into the game.

As for RNG, RNG is not bad if you play one character if you run an event over and over. The issue with RNG is when players have many character they run events on and not realizing that the best way to earn the top prize is by running 1 character through all the events, which is what I did and got reward for it after many hours in the pit.

• Options
    alisi1alisi1 Member Posts: 366 Arc User
    Some of the pathetic excuses leechers make are just sad, and sadly a testament to the entitled world we live in.
  • Options
    mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    Easy fix, join a guild or find a party you like to queue with and stop doing randoms (search using LFG chat and find worthy people and friend them)! Solved and everyone is happy, plus you may actually use party chat with your queue group instead of trying to type. For those that say it is easy and can solo it, that is great that you are level 70 and probably 2k+ but some may be lvl 10 with terrible gear. I cant stand when someone use 0% of their brain when answering a question and tries to be a smart a**. Either help with the situation or move on, dont talk trash.

I have kids and if there is a problem I tell the group brb issue came up, not just go afk for 5 mins+. If it is an emergency then logout or turn off your PS4 so they can get another person in group.
  • Options
    asmodeoussasmodeouss Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    Lol you guys are comedy. Take your blood pressure meds
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Im happy for you Miller, that you've never experienced a true emergency with your kids or anyone else & have the luxury of shutting off your console & logging out while responding.

When you have an emergency such as that or opporate under a high stress job, it really puts things in perspective. You look at a game as a game & put it in a priority where imo it belongs.

If I play half a match or more, & log out....who knows what's going to replace me. I can honestly see the guy coming in thinking, "Man I'm not going to score on any board but last...maybe I'll just watch jump down if they need me". Or maybe it's a leach & he's happy to be in a lobby where he doesn't have to wait 15 min or so & only has to do 7. Best case scenario he jumps down & does some work, but in that case how is he any more entitled than me for his half round.

In the end it's not denying you anything, you get your chance at the box with or without a leach. I figure most of its just salt over them and the minuscule mathematical percentage they pull that special item. To them I say, the real worlds not fair & though it's a mythical world our characters are running around in, it's governed by the real world.

I get not liking doing work for those who ride free, on purpose, repeatedly.....but I save my ire for those who do that in the real world where the action matters, not a game world where worse case you lose some imaginary trinket.

I prefer the frustration of possible item loss to some random person who can't relate to either you or your circumstances, who may even be so crass as to insult you & knows nothing of your personal situation. A person who tries to dictate how you spend your free time gaming....no thanks. I'd rather put up with the annoying way some folks play their game than give a person who has so little appreciation of others circumstances free reign to dictate how I game & where it's related priorities fall

There is a difference between needing to duck out & be afk with the self expectation of returning vs those who truly leach.

Those who disagree only speak from their own limited experience. I hope your life stays so stress free & devoid of circumstance & demanding responsibility that you can continuing placing the need to log out high on your priority check list.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
  • Options
    frostreever#9329 frostreever Member Posts: 269 Arc User

First and foremost if you go AFK and do not contribute at all, you should get nothing. Other games can do this where players who do nothing get nothing. I'm sure NW can find a way to incorporate this into the game.

As for RNG, RNG is not bad if you play one character if you run an event over and over. The issue with RNG is when players have many character they run events on and not realizing that the best way to earn the top prize is by running 1 character through all the events, which is what I did and got reward for it after many hours in the pit.

Rng is rng.
    A million toons or one.
    Running it one too vs many makes zero difference.
    Just like paying the same numbers on the lottery every week makes zero difference.
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I'd be wary of them implementing the do nothing get nothing. I think of their metrics and how a support class might be bleeped over by it. (they have a track record here) they need to fix the vote to kick key. so we can just kick people who aren't moving.
  • Options

I'd be wary of them implementing the do nothing get nothing. I think of their metrics and how a support class might be bleeped over by it. (they have a track record here) they need to fix the vote to kick key. so we can just kick people who aren't moving.

Wouldn't think it'd take much coding to put in a afk kick from instances.
    And not, a not moving afk.
    A need engaging afk, as in no abilities being used. Heals, damage, etc.

Three minutes should be enough.
    After three minutes of no ability uses, you're booted.

Not to easy to setup macros on ps4 as it could work.

That said, it'll never happen.
  • Options
    rblaher988rblaher988 Member Posts: 1 Arc User

If they do anything they will likely copy the STO penalty which is i believe a couple hour lock out from the queues entirely. Either way I have seen some AFK but it is no where near as bad as it was in STO. There it got to the point that a given queue would typically have about 2 to 3 AFK on a five man team. It would even happen in quite a few of the endgame queues and most of those already project to be about fifteen to thirty minutes as it was.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User

If they do anything they will likely copy the STO penalty which is i believe a couple hour lock out from the queues entirely. Either way I have seen some AFK but it is no where near as bad as it was in STO. There it got to the point that a given queue would typically have about 2 to 3 AFK on a five man team. It would even happen in quite a few of the endgame queues and most of those already project to be about fifteen to thirty minutes as it was.
    I had to solo the event due to 4 players deciding to go AFK, all from the same guild. It didn't take me long to complete it. But on an alt that is say, level 15 or lower and I would have to leave the q as my lower characters simply are not ready for that event.
  • Options

Im happy for you Miller, that you've never experienced a true emergency with your kids or anyone else & have the luxury of shutting off your console & logging out while responding.

When you have an emergency such as that or opporate under a high stress job, it really puts things in perspective. You look at a game as a game & put it in a priority where imo it belongs.

If I play half a match or more, & log out....who knows what's going to replace me. I can honestly see the guy coming in thinking, "Man I'm not going to score on any board but last...maybe I'll just watch jump down if they need me". Or maybe it's a leach & he's happy to be in a lobby where he doesn't have to wait 15 min or so & only has to do 7. Best case scenario he jumps down & does some work, but in that case how is he any more entitled than me for his half round.

In the end it's not denying you anything, you get your chance at the box with or without a leach. I figure most of its just salt over them and the minuscule mathematical percentage they pull that special item. To them I say, the real worlds not fair & though it's a mythical world our characters are running around in, it's governed by the real world.

I get not liking doing work for those who ride free, on purpose, repeatedly.....but I save my ire for those who do that in the real world where the action matters, not a game world where worse case you lose some imaginary trinket.

I prefer the frustration of possible item loss to some random person who can't relate to either you or your circumstances, who may even be so crass as to insult you & knows nothing of your personal situation. A person who tries to dictate how you spend your free time gaming....no thanks. I'd rather put up with the annoying way some folks play their game than give a person who has so little appreciation of others circumstances free reign to dictate how I game & where it's related priorities fall

There is a difference between needing to duck out & be afk with the self expectation of returning vs those who truly leach.

Those who disagree only speak from their own limited experience. I hope your life stays so stress free & devoid of circumstance & demanding responsibility that you can continuing placing the need to log out high on your priority check list.

You sir are an obvious casual player. Nothing wrong with that. Some people see things in different manners. Your opinion is just that, an opinion as is mine. You cannot say that those who disagree with you are wrong, because they just do not know or understand. Understand or know what? Being in a war zone getting shot at daily? Just because I have been in that situation does not mean I do not take gaming seriously. Why not, I like gaming and really enjoy it. It is like a hobby or sport for others. Maybe someone plays a sport and when you are losing what happens? You get upset. What would a nonsport person say? It is just a game have fun. Always a different view and perspective. Should we all just have your perspective, is that what your saying? Let them take their game seriously. It is their choice. Not sure why people come on here and try to tell other people how they should think or live...SMH?
  • Options

I had to solo the event due to 4 players deciding to go AFK, all from the same guild. It didn't take me long to complete it. But on an alt that is say, level 15 or lower and I would have to leave the q as my lower characters simply are not ready for that event.
    Nicely done. I probably would have stayed and done it too!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Let me put it to you this way....if you were responding to a call for instance of someone being shot, or a fire, or name your emergency....would you honestly bother logging out?

What I'm saying is there is a legitimate reason to be afk & not log out. That's all I've basically said all along....& have been called a leach for it.

I'm not trying to tell anyone how to live their lives, don't get me wrong. All that I'm saying is anyone who puts logging out on a video game over certain other critical, more important scenario responses such as I dunno.....use thatD&D imagination....well I hope they simply haven't had anything to important enough to gauge that need to log out response against yet. The log out is not the end all be all.

Buy the wa, speaking of smh...this entire thread has not only been pretty much everyone trying to tell others how to think or live....but also coming up with punishments for them should they not ascribe to that behavior.

I'm simply defending my Pov, if you got from that "I demand everyone be a casual like me!" Sorry....that wasn't the intent
  • Options
    ragunanoone#0985 ragunanoone Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Perhaps a decent solution would be putting a min requirement for like say damage done taken healing ECT in order to get loot will help. It will have to be low so those that are genually trying but are new players ECT can still get something but those that sit on there HAMSTER will get nothing. perhaps let them open the chest but they literally get "HAMSTER" a 1 copper vendor item instead >:)
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Cryptic do have a track record of getting things wrong. I think the current afk timer needs to be adjusted downward though, maybe 3 mins? If someone has something important they need to run off for then they shouldn't mind getting auto-removed, I know I do sometimes due to having a disabled relative in the house.

Other people shouldn't lose out due to me being needed somewhere else.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User

Perhaps a decent solution would be putting a min requirement for like say damage done taken healing ECT in order to get loot will help. It will have to be low so those that are genually trying but are new players ECT can still get something but those that sit on there **** will get nothing. perhaps let them open the chest but they literally get "****" a 1 copper vendor item instead >:)

I considered that & it's reasonable except for when you get 1 or 2 players who are well specced and destroy everything before you get a chance to even press a button. Well built characters that have good speed (e.g. GWF & TR) can be well ahead of the pack in easier content & 1-shot everything.
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • Options
    ragunanoone#0985 ragunanoone Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited September 2016
    armadeonx said:

Perhaps a decent solution would be putting a min requirement for like say damage done taken healing ECT in order to get loot will help. It will have to be low so those that are genually trying but are new players ECT can still get something but those that sit on there **** will get nothing. perhaps let them open the chest but they literally get "****" a 1 copper vendor item instead >:)

I considered that & it's reasonable except for when you get 1 or 2 players who are well specced and destroy everything before you get a chance to even press a button. Well built characters that have good speed (e.g. GWF & TR) can be well ahead of the pack in easier content & 1-shot everything.
    Good point how about a timer for CTA specifically where if you just stand in the safe spot or for mobile events are consistently WAY behind the party it will have the same effect I stated above?
  • Options
    lullafrylullafry Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Again... its CTA... c....t.....a.....
  • Options
    chadworth66chadworth66 Member Posts: 61 Arc User
    Cta is easy solo. How can you whine about a lvl60 event lol.
  • Options
    asmodeoussasmodeouss Member Posts: 54 Arc User
    These are the same guys that start freeking out in demogorgon cursing and cussing new players even though they are hitting gold. I honestly think this GAME could do without these people taking things serious comparing it to wartime battlefields and stuff. Like really? Throwing around valor like anyone cares in the first place then comparing it to a game you have reality all sorted out. If you're so good and better than anyone guess what? Run with your guild. But i guess they aren't somewhat serious enough to have 5 people willing to run content together so you have to rage out and cry and whine on a forum incessantly about the big bad leechers. Pathetic
    I Dropped out of school but i never leave the hall. I grab kids, drag 'em in between the walls. They call me the ghost of the badlands, but i'm really just a killer with big hands.
  • Options

Cta is easy solo. How can you whine about a lvl60 event lol.

You seen to be missing the point.
  • Options

These are the same guys that start freeking out in demogorgon cursing and cussing new players even though they are hitting gold. I honestly think this GAME could do without these people taking things serious comparing it to wartime battlefields and stuff. Like really? Throwing around valor like anyone cares in the first place then comparing it to a game you have reality all sorted out. If you're so good and better than anyone guess what? Run with your guild. But i guess they aren't somewhat serious enough to have 5 people willing to run content together so you have to rage out and cry and whine on a forum incessantly about the big bad leechers. Pathetic

Fiat points. That was a bit extreme.

Either way, while it bugs me, it's not worth all THIS stress.

So anyway, game on everyone.