test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

PS4 Servers are down.

kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
This discussion was created from comments split from: Servers down?.
My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
kuI2v8l.png

Comments

• Options
    clericoclerico Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Me and my guild went offline then there is no shards available any reason why it went down?
  • Options
    buddyva#2754 buddyva Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Why have you foresaken me!!!!!?!?!
  • Options
    a7footmidget#3047 a7footmidget Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Same here
  • Options
    jordz10jordz10 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    5hr maint to improve stability, less than 24hrs later, BAM, SHARDS DOWN!
  • Options
    quorb#1247 quorb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    It disconnected me, and the play button is grayed out. Maintenance again?
  • Options
    grikon#9715 grikon Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Any news on why it just went down with no warning?
  • Options
    buddyva#2754 buddyva Member Posts: 28 Arc User

Any news on why it just went down with no warning?

Nope. It literally just happened. They are probably not even aware of it yet.
  • Options
    mrderpenhowser#7508 mrderpenhowser Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    Well, I'm glad its not just me at least.
  • Options
    stormpoet01stormpoet01 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Same here... one of my friends and I were both knocked offline at the same time.
  • Options
    quorb#1247 quorb Member Posts: 53 Arc User
    Disconnected me, and the play button is grayed out. Maintenance again?

This has become a recurring theme with the disconnects, server not responding, oppressive lag, and client freezes.
  • Options
    xiuhdragonxiuhdragon Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 77 Arc User
    Someone tripped over the wire again
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    burnedheal#0858 burnedheal Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    You guys obviously have never played a brand new mmo ( brand new on ps4) where the servers gets shocked with millions of players, ingame purchases, live AH, quests, dungeons, raids... I tell you, this is perfectly normal for a new game.. Geez, if it's like this in 6-7 months, then complain
    4200k+ DC Buff Debuff-Power Buffer! :)
  • Options
    drackonautdrackonaut Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    Hamsters got tired of running again.
  • Options
    I know the games free but i have spent atleast $100 in the Zen market to support what you guys are doing i love D&D,but damn can i enjoy the game a week without it going off line.
  • Options
    baronvonheller#7081 baronvonheller Member Posts: 31 Arc User

You guys obviously have never played a brand new mmo ( brand new on ps4) where the servers gets shocked with millions of players, ingame purchases, live AH, quests, dungeons, raids... I tell you, this is perfectly normal for a new game.. Geez, if it's like this in 6-7 months, then complain

I agree. But, like most other games I play, they should provide a free item/pack of some sort for the continued issues. Especially for those who've paid real money to play.

• Options
    sajiahsajiah Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    The lag has been truly unbearable. Disconnecting constantly. Is there any word on when the servers will be back up? They would probably go back down anyway.
  • Options
    roland1215roland1215 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It probably has something to do with the new security measures they implemented today.
  • Options

I agree. But, like most other games I play, they should provide a free item/pack of some sort for the continued issues. Especially for those who've paid real money to play.

I'm with you on that one we should get something in return.
  • Options
    xxbabayagaxx#8566 xxbabayagaxx Member Posts: 8 Arc User
    Won't happen usually in these types of games they will apologize by cutting the price of something so people will still have to pay
  • Options
    baronvonheller#7081 baronvonheller Member Posts: 31 Arc User

Won't happen usually in these types of games they will apologize by cutting the price of something so people will still have to pay

Likely this.

• Options
    havocbuddha#3895 havocbuddha Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    I have spent money here also. Had my problems. But it's a game u probly have others u can play.
    I agree an I'm sorry item even as simple has some lock box keys be nice.
  • Options
    blizzardpenguin#4023 blizzardpenguin Member Posts: 139 Arc User

+1

Servers were like this for the 1st several months on XB1 as well, now you PS4 players are unfortunately suffering. Word to the wise...for those of you who stick around through all these problems, you will be rewarded down the road. I stuck around, & now my main is almost maxed out, & an alt of mine is not far behind. Just keep playing, gain anything & everything you can, & you'll eventually see the fruits of your labor in the future. Not every game that comes out, regardless of type of game, has superior servers upon release. Some companies probably didn't expect their game to be a popular of a game, & they have to adjust to the sudden high demand
  • Options

I have spent money here also. Had my problems. But it's a game u probly have others u can play.

I agree an I'm sorry item even as simple has some lock box keys be nice.

And thats all im trying to say as well even as simple as some lock box keys would be nice.
  • Options
    polarballs#5353 polarballs Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    It's the MMO conundrum. How do we make our game as addictive as crack yet keep the players from freaking out when they can't get their fix?
  • Options
    Paying to support the game is different than buying from the Zen market for your own personal gain. Honestly not defending most of the other mmo games but usually with a charge to play issues get resolved a lot faster. But in this situation NW primary source of revenue is the Zen market for peoples specific characters.. I guess the only complaint I have is that currency like ichor and elements are not shared between characters in the same account ...or mounts ...sorry but if I'm investing more money I should be paying for the account and not the character
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    It is an online product, we should as customers know that there are times that the game will go down due to issues outside of PW or Cryptic control. Power outages and such can shutdown the server as well as the following.

PSN updates - yes your PSN updates can kick you off NW and other MMO games on the PS4
    Power outages - as explained above
    DDoS Attacks

There are others but I will take this outage as a way to get other things done. Hopefully it won't be long.
  • Options
    Server is not grey but now they are unavailable
  • Options
    mrderpenhowser#7508 mrderpenhowser Member Posts: 41 Arc User
    I played Defiance on ps3 for 2yrs, I've seen what happens through mismanagement when lag is left unfixed for too long, trust me its abysmal. I don't really see anything in the way of complaints here, just players all voicing that something is up with the servers.

No need to whine about other people bringing up that the servers are down, if we had it your way no one would say a thing and we'd just wait for the devs to realise.
  • Options
    jordz10 said:

+1

Servers were like this for the 1st several months on XB1 as well, now you PS4 players are unfortunately suffering. Word to the wise...for those of you who stick around through all these problems, you will be rewarded down the road. I stuck around, & now my main is almost maxed out, & an alt of mine is not far behind. Just keep playing, gain anything & everything you can, & you'll eventually see the fruits of your labor in the future. Not every game that comes out, regardless of type of game, has superior servers upon release. Some companies probably didn't expect their game to be a popular of a game, & they have to adjust to the sudden high demand

Come on now they new the game was gonna do just fine,for heavens sake its on multiple platforms and its done fairly well on all,honestly in my opinion they should've learned from they mistakes with other platforms and gave us a home run.