test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Borrowed Time Mod 10

d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
After reading the patch notes and watching preview videos, it appears Borrowed Time is no longer providing healing in combat. Instead, healing is provided when combat ends.

I initially thought amenar's patch notes made a mistake and meant to list Dust to Dust, not Borrowed Time.

If so, this is a major ouch to the SWs trying to PvP! Please let me know how this goes today.

Comments

• Options
    schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Lol, I startend the same thread about BT, had the same thougts.
    This would kill Soulbinder in PVP more or less....hope it's not that way because it's a big nerf.
    On PTR i recognized consistant 11k healing tics when sparks were vanishing slowly, but maybe only out of combat...didn't pay enough attention
    Some player allready stated that SB is not woking in PVP that good and HB deals better (although being a glasscannon setup)
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    @schietindebux sorry, I didn't see your post!

This has to be an oversight because the soul spark class mechanic already heals you when combat ends. There is no need to have Borrowed Time do this as well. If this is the only thing Borrowed Time does, it will be borderline useless without the artifact offhand class feature of 15% deflect chance at max sparks.

Borrowed Time is (was?) also an extremely useful survivability tool for new players and solo questing.

Ouch!
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    I started to write but deleted the thread.

Maybe you are right and i only saw that soulspark mechanic healing me out of combat several times by constant 11k tics?
    Btw. sparks also did not lift my lifestealchance at all on PTR...hope this is not the way it's gonna work , getting at least constantly healed at campfire in domination :smile:
  • Options
    fernuufernuu Member Posts: 453 Arc User
    It's obviously bug and it should be working like before.

It just doesn't calculate sparks in right way because of the change implemented - you get max 2% of Borrowed Time offhand feature. Just make a thread in Bug Section - I currently can't.
    https://youtube.com/c/FernuStormborn

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    And rest of bugs I posted isn't fixed too - like underperforming Murderous Flames, Sehanine companion stuff or like other posted - TC buffing only first hit. Since last preview patch was released nothing was done (since amenar left).

Mod 10:
    [Combat (Self)] Critical Hit! Your Killing Flames deals 16636893 (1009292) Fire Damage to Ethraniev Marrowslake.

Mod 9:
    [Combat (Self)] Your Murderous Flames deals 376274433 (18876929) Fire Damage to Red Tiamat Head.
  • Options
    @fernuu I responded to this in the other thread, haha! Thank you for finding the bugs mentioned above. We will have to put together a log for the "new" lead developer, @mimicking Thomas Foss, to review. Hopefully he can bust out a patch in a few weeks for us SWs.
  • Options
    Well I really hope and believe @mimicking will be fully devoted, even now at start - as SW is now nothing in PvP.

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    I'd really like to see if the buffed prone duration from Arms of Hadar makes it worthy of slotting in PvP. This could be the setup for SWs dealing damage as my understanding is you have 0% DR when prone. Previously, the prone duration was so short that you would be lucky to get off an encounter before your target(s) recover.

The low-end and high-end scaling buffs to Killing Flames is of interest as well. It potentially makes the encounter less useless against enemies at or near full health.

But, in reality, it doesn't matter much as there are too many glaring issues with PvP and class balance that negatively affect SW performance more than any other class. Sigh. :)
  • Options
    gomok72gomok72 Member Posts: 616 Arc User
    Gets popcorn out, and waits for it, so when is the new class going live?

Fellas, I been posting this stuff in the Warlock forums and on preview test, and there has been no improvement for Warlocks or bugs fixed.

All I can say is, LOL!
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    @gomok72 your video/post is likely the one I am referencing (without looking). It was a staged environment in IWD showing Borrowed Time not procing during combat if I remember correctly. If so, thank you.

My thing is, if you go back to the first page of the SW class balance patch notes, amenar stated he corrected the tooltip to state Borrowed Time heals when combat ends (I'm paraphrasing). I chimed in stating he probably made a mistake and meant Dust to Dust only provides AP when sparks heal you at the end of combat.

The result was nothing was said about Borrowed Time... Even after the PvP Borrowed Time videos.

A little interesting as Borrowed Time may be "working as intended" based on amenar's original patch notes. As I said above, this doesn't sit well because soul sparks natively heal you when combat ends anyhow.
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    It's not. It's just sparks mechanism working bad. I made reference to it with soul scorch bug, it was fixed but only with this SS. Rest is still messed up.

Just finished domination. Our damage isn't bad as soulbinder but without healing and deflection from BT we can't stand more than 10 seconds in 1v1. So - emergency fix, 7 days fix - doesn't matter. I just hope I don't have to wait another 2 years for it.

@strumslinger ?

Mod 10:

Mod 9:
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, I'm not sure where they are going with this class for PvP but without Soul Spark/BT heals, Warlcoks are cannon fodder in PvP. While I think they did decent with the immolation/Soulspark changes (this build will probably be top PvE build now), Hellbringer will defineantly replace out Soulbinder for PvP "Although, Warlocks will be dying in droves now". I can't wait to see some of the PvP videos put up by those that like to put up PvP videos on youtube, will be very interesting to see how they survive in PvP this mod.

As for pre 70 Warlocks, I am very happy I am not leveling one up, currently (In PvP that is).
    I may not be considered by most the BEST PVP Warlock on the server but, I am the most HATED amongst them.

-Kymos
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Yeah, I remember that. I hope so @fernuu.

Edit: here is the ominous patch note:

"Borrowed Time: Added clarification to the tooltip to make it clear that this Class Feature only triggers when Soul Sparks heal you at the end of combat."

That's pretty straight forward from amenar, no?

So here are my questions:

1) Does the soul spark mechanic heal you after combat ends *without* Borrowed Time slotted?

2) Does Borrowed Time independently heal you after combat ends, in addition to the soul spark mechanic? Or, is the soul spark mechanic buffed by Borrowed Time, granting more healing after combat?

3) Borrowed Time was incorrectly patched by amenar and will return to its previous state, providing healing every 2 seconds in combat based on the number of soul sparks?
  • Options
    damoc#3687 damoc Member Posts: 112 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Well ther's obviously a name confusion because the Dust to dust description WAS modified to add 'at the end of combat'

On a side note the description for Creeping death is quite messed up: it has nothing in common with the release notes (only warlock curse and 8 seconds)

To talk back about Borrowed time, the fact that it's basically inoperant and that we didn't recieve a retraining token is quite the double bind for us soulbinders ( for my part that's 4 power points stuck on a non working feature....It's time they allow retraing tokens to be easier to obtain o live
  • Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    A forum moderator really needs to help us get clarification here.... please.
  • Options
    zeusomzeusom Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 810 Arc User
    I heard the primary dev working on the SW (amenar) left cryptic.
    Hopefully it wont take too long for someone to pick this up and fix BT.
    Sopi (aka Haxbox) SW [Synergy]
    Sopi SW Youtube channel pvp brickabrack

• Options
    zeusom said:

I heard the primary dev working on the SW (amenar) left cryptic.
    Hopefully it wont take too long for someone to pick this up and fix BT.

Yeah, he did, Sophi.

He talked briefly about the changes on Warlocks on the test server and said he would take things we threw at him in consideration when making changes (warlocks evasion of SE), but then disappeared and was not heard from again :'(

Borrowed time, after the next patch was broken and still made it in, even after all the Warlocks testing bugged and reported it, again :'(:'(:(

-Kymos
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    At least you can play SB in PVE running shadow walk and dark ones blessing getting 18% LS
  • Options

At least you can play SB in PVE running shadow walk and dark ones blessing getting 18% LS

I think the changes for SB, in regards to the soul spark and immolation changes were dead on for a bursty dps/striker class. I am loving my burst now with this.

Now, all they have to do is fix the Borrowed time to work as intended. I think Amenar did this on purpose, to be totally honest with you, just so there would not be two viable specs for Warlocks in PvP and PvE. There seems to be a pattern of this going on each mod with different classes.

-Kymos
  • Options
    denvalddenvald Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 702 Arc User
    Eh. Maybe it was intended to work that way from the begining.

If that is the case then it'd be nice to know if it's intended or if it's a bug :)
    I am the monk, martial skill transcends the battlefield
    It is my my life style, my doctrine and my state of mind,
    You fight well, but without focus and discipline, you will fall.

More threads by me / Click on it B)
    My Support Warlock/Temptation Thread
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    No--> BT-feat working and Soulspark synergies like LS Bonus, Vampiric sparks LS bonus, no offhand feature spending 15% deflect = No PVP for SB warlocks

The patchnodes obviously were wrong:
    "Borrowed Time: Added clarification to the tooltip to make it clear that this Class Feature only triggers when Soul Sparks heal you at the end of combat."

was ment to be:
    Soulspark: Added clarification to the tooltip to make it clear that this -->Class Feature (mechanic)<-- only triggers when Soul Sparks heal you at the end of combat

because Soulspark mechanic was changed to: .......While you are out of comabat a Soulspark will be sonsumed every 0,5 seconds healing you for 0,5% of your max HP.

former being: When combat ends you are healed for .5% of your max life for each Soul Spark you possess and they are consumed. Soul Sparks last until consumed or combat ends. -->the last sentence is the reason why something needed a bit of clarification
  • Options
    stpensivestpensive Member Posts: 286 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    WIth Amenar gone, I honestly think they are lost - that no one there is as intimately familiar with the balance changes and, likewise, how to address any issues.

Sadly, when this is the case (certainly not the first time), getting up to speed will take time as will what to do about it thereafter. I have little doubt we looking at months of waiting.
  • Options
    etelgrin said:

We are getting ignored all along, I posted about this in their patch note thread asking for fix or eta, and Andy along with Asterdahl ignored me and replied to some silly post about FBI requirement or something like this. I think the competent person left the boat and the ship is left for abandonment for another couple modules.

Just go Hellbringer for PVP, I guess it´s more viable atm
  • Options
    Will get a fix I read in the bug section :smiley:
  • Options
    joshrdajoker35joshrdajoker35 Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    Good news