GF "Rework"

2»

Comments

• Options
    abmaiden95abmaiden95 Member Posts: 79 Arc User
    If you are using negation you can reach 50% and then go deflection/hp
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    so Amenar leaves cryptic :D , so we will probably stuck with tuesday live build for a while, maybe a big a while. not good if you are GF or HR
  • Options
    sulajplsulajpl Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    "With the balance that will keep us save." ~Eric Nally 2015
    Yet respeced for a IV Protector, using this riddiculous build:
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/gf?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1il3ii5:1000000:15z05u1:1uu0u00&h=1&p=ivn&o=0
    having 70% DR, 20% deflect chance and 122k HP (41 AC).
    I hope 'they' don't mess up with that, at all.
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    sulajpl said:

"With the balance that will keep us save." ~Eric Nally 2015
    Yet respeced for a IV Protector, using this riddiculous build:
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/gf?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,1il3ii5:1000000:15z05u1:1uu0u00&h=1&p=ivn&o=0
    having 70% DR, 20% deflect chance and 122k HP (41 AC).
    I hope 'they' don't mess up with that, at all.

I'd ditch shield defense for unshakable line. You won't need that extra AC anymore when you hit 80% DR which is quite close already. At least unshakable line will give you almost perma-guard.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    Been using it, i'd rather swith off 'United' perk, but... FULL TEAM PROTECTION... but since You think this build is... decent, I'm happy.

EDIT: Using 'Ferocious Reaction' and 'Desperate Survival' <-- i lack shield durability so, hmph.
  • Options
    oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    sulajpl said:

Been using it, i'd rather swith off 'United' perk, but... FULL TEAM PROTECTION... but since You think this build is... decent, I'm happy.

EDIT: Using 'Ferocious Reaction' and 'Desperate Survival' <-- i lack shield durability so, hmph.</p>

United is pretty good, especially since you are going protector.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • Options
    emilemoemilemo Member Posts: 1,718 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

so Amenar leaves cryptic :D , so we will probably stuck with tuesday live build for a while, maybe a big a while. not good if you are GF or HR

Did you check the Preview? My GF is not even 70 yet and still uses his 60 armor yet it felt actually stronger than Live
    Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream.
    Merrily, merrily, merrily, merrily, Life is but a dream.
  • Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    Conqueror GUARDIAN FIGHTERS should be mediocre dps character like Sentinel GREAT WEAPON FIGHTERS are tanks. Boom fixed. I think conqueror tanks are just having an identity crisis.
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    Sentinels already...
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    we will see at fangbreaker how many will be dps tanks....
  • Options
    edited August 2016
    vinceent1 said:

That made my day actually. :D
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User
    Just got back after a long break to check the new mod. Love the ITF changes, I hated the inefficiency of overcapping DR for that encounter. Now you can make your character more tanky by min/maxing your defensive stats better and make use of the negation enchant.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    grimah said:

Just got back after a long break to check the new mod. Love the ITF changes, I hated the inefficiency of overcapping DR for that encounter. Now you can make your character more tanky by min/maxing your defensive stats better and make use of the negation enchant.

Totally agree. Now I only have to play my GWF :)
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    vinceent1 said:

@kacezet did it on conq in the video I posted. Its possible.
  • Options
    kacezetkacezet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 199 Arc User
    edited August 2016

@kacezet did it on conq in the video I posted. Its possible.

I pretty much tanked only half of it before we DCed at 2nd boss and the run took us much more than with OP. Biggest problem was the fact that Steel Defense doesn't work on Everfrost damage, so I had to improvise. I think that with 150k HP, 50% DR and a bit of experience it'll be easily doable by any GF, even without feats lol :V

• Options
    edited August 2016
    double post, sorry :C
  • Options
    theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User

Now all we have to do is nerf broken **** knights valor.
    Cryptic thinks shield of faith was too powerful but knights valor was just as bad and is now even worse.

Maybe when that happens people will want paladins in groups again.

Please don't comment on this if you just want to wish harm done to the GF. You kind of people really bug me.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
    Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

Cryptic thinks shield of faith was too powerful but knights valor was just as bad and is now even worse.

You are bordering on rendering tanks completely unwanted in groups.
  • Options
    grimahgrimah Member Posts: 1,658 Arc User

This is why when that OP nerf hit, I was begging for them not to go over the top with those nerfs. Because eventually the OPs will look over here and point fingers.
    Creator of the featured survival horror foundry: "The Silence of Haydenwick" Video Review
    and also the featured satirical comedic adventure "A Call for Heroes".
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I took a break because I was arguing daily on the boards with all the people crying to nerf the GF.
    Mission accomplished.

So I installed the patch and logged in with my (used to be) DPS GF cong that I spent millions and millions of AD on.
    Sweet lord. He has zero balls now. Single target DPS is pointless.
    • Commanders strike sucks now. Not worth the slot.
    • Anvil of Doom really sucks now. Not worth the slot.
    • Lunging strike sucks now but still need to use it to move.
    • Villan's Menace sucks now but it's what we got for CC.
    • Tide of Iron sucks now. No team buff. Whats the sense? Not worth the slot.
    • Weapon Master's strike sucks and so does the debuff.
    • Enforced threat seems to proc slower now and targets % got nerfed also.
    • Into the fray sucks massively now. Barely worth the slot, and not worth it solo, all at.
    • Combat superiority sucks. Not worth the slot.
    • Advanced mark/advantage sucks now. Now even worth it at 5%.
    And the broken things remained broke.
    The biggest hitter this waste of space build now has is knee breaker. ****** kneebreaker.
    Steel blitz has a higher % now, but almost never crits even with a 70% crit chance.

I say stick a fork in this turkey, cuz it's done.
    My girlfriend is gonna salvage this mule for stones for her DC.

I was ok with nerfing ITF and AoD so the DPSers could be happy and my build would remain usable, but this is a waste of mouse clicks. Way too far on the nerfs. But that's my opinion. Damn depressing I tell ya.
  • Options
    thefabricantthefabricant Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 5,248 Arc User
    deathbeez said:

I took a break because I was arguing daily on the boards with all the people crying to nerf the GF.
    Mission accomplished.

So I installed the patch and logged in with my (used to be) DPS GF cong that I spent millions and millions of AD on.
    Sweet lord. He has zero balls now. Single target DPS is pointless.

• Commanders strike sucks now. Not worth the slot.
    • Anvil of Doom really sucks now. Not worth the slot.
    • Lunging strike sucks now but still need to use it to move.
    • Villan's Menace sucks now but it's what we got for CC.
    • Tide of Iron sucks now. No team buff. Whats the sense? Not worth the slot.
    • Weapon Master's strike sucks and so does the debuff.
    • Enforced threat seems to proc slower now and targets % got nerfed also.
    • Into the fray sucks massively now. Barely worth the slot, and not worth it solo, all at.
    • Combat superiority sucks. Not worth the slot.
    • Advanced mark/advantage sucks now. Now even worth it at 5%.
    The biggest hitter this waste of space build now has is knee breaker. ****** kneebreaker.
    Steel blitz has a higher % now, but almost never crits even with a 70% crit chance.

I say stick a fork in this turkey, cuz it's done.
    My girlfriend is gonna salvage this mule for stones for her DC.

I was ok with nerfing ITF and AoD so the DPSers could be happy and my build would remain usable, but this is a waste of mouse clicks. Way too far on the nerfs. But that's my opinion. Damn depressing I tell ya.
    I think @kacezet is having an apoplectic fit reading this...Commander's Strike is 30% of his dps and he hits like a truck.
  • Options
    deathbeez said:

• Commanders strike sucks now. Not worth the slot. False, CS works like HR Hawkeye before mod10 aka. it benefits twice from buffs/debuffs. It really shines in good groups but sucks in bad ones (it's actually pretty overpowered now, I'd expect a nerf).
    • Anvil of Doom really sucks now. Not worth the slot. False, total DPS remained the same, worth slotting in good/mediocre praties (when enemies die slow enough to benefit from DoT).
    • Lunging strike sucks now but still need to use it to move. I havn't used it in PvE since mod4, can't say anything about it.
    • Villan's Menace sucks now but it's what we got for CC. True, but it's still our best DPS daily.
    • Tide of Iron sucks now. No team buff. Whats the sense? Not worth the slot. True. True, Tide of Iron is a dead at-will.
    • Weapon Master's strike sucks and so does the debuff. False, WMS got buffed and hits faster/is more reliable now.
    • Enforced threat seems to proc slower now and targets % got nerfed also. Only thing that changed is target cap, not a big deal.
    • Into the fray sucks massively now. Barely worth the slot, and not worth it solo, all at. False, it's still one of the best buffs in game, movement speed alone makes it worth slotting and on top of that it gives 30% dmg boost and increased ap gain.
    • Combat superiority sucks. Not worth the slot. 13% dmg bonus and dmg reduction (18% dmg bonus when feated) without internal cooldown, in the end it got buffed not nerfed, it's worth slotting for both tank and dps GFs now.
    • Advanced mark/advantage sucks now. Now even worth it at 5%. True, even before mod10 I've never seen a reason to use it, there are much better class feats to slot.
    The biggest hitter this waste of space build now has is knee breaker. ****** kneebreaker. True, worth slotting in bad/mediocre parties (when enemies die slow enough to benefit from DoT)
    Steel blitz has a higher % now, but almost never crits even with a 70% crit chance. Uncertain here, I feel like it procs less than before, need further testing.

I think @kacezet is having an apoplectic fit reading this...Commander's Strike is 30% of his dps and he hits like a truck.

It was 30% mostly because we had really good party and I wasn't using other hard hitting encounters, usually CS damage is comparable to anvil.

• Options
    edited August 2016
    For me... Sounds like:..

Get Iron Warrior slotted in Q - it doesn't sucks! <- just joking...
    Get Knee Breaker slotted in E - it doesn't sucks! <- just joking!
    Get Knight's Valor slotted in R - it doesn't sucks! <- true.

*end of interpretation*

EDIT: 'just joking' here doesn't mean it sucks, you... you probably get that, eh, my sarcasm is really painful
  • Options
    dread4moordread4moor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,154 Arc User

[A crowd of Protectors fall silent and give an angry glare.]
    JrUzbQw.jpg?1
    I am Took.
    "Full plate and packing steel" in NW since 2013.