test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

This is bound, that is bound ...

llira101llira101 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
The multiple levels of binding have GOT to stop! I can understand when you equip it, yes it is bound to you but for the love of Pete! If you must bind something, can't it be bound to account so we don't have so many stacks of the same darn thing (unbound, bound to character, bound to account). It eats up our limited space way too quickly :(

Llira

Comments

• Options
    nameexpirednameexpired Member Posts: 1,282 Arc User
    llira101 said:

It eats up our limited space way too quickly :(
    Llira

There are rumors out there that this is the intention of the many different binding versions. A Runic bag can be bought at any time for just 1600 Zen or approximately 16$. Even less if you happen to have a coupon!
    Imaginary Friends are the best friends you can have!
  • Options
    bathsheababathsheaba Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    I totally agree. Make it account bound if you must but please scratch the character bound.
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    hey, hey, ho, ho, multiple levels of binding have got to go!

Sorry, couldn't resist. And I agree 100%
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User
    If anything, they will resolve to make everything Character bound....just saying. Account bound would benefit the players more.
  • Options
    oldbaldyoneoldbaldyone Member Posts: 1,840 Arc User

There are rumors out there that this is the intention of the many different binding versions. A Runic bag can be bought at any time for just 1600 Zen or approximately 16$. Even less if you happen to have a coupon!

In other news, McDonald's wants kids to eat healthier.

If this is even on their list, its going to be extremely low on the priority list. I'll be happy if they change it, no doubt, but I'll wait till that happens to get excited about it.

I'd prefer they just wipe the entire system and make it something where you just gain RP points and use a BI empowerment type interface to just add RP to an item. Simple, and done.
  • Options
    frozenfirevrfrozenfirevr Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,475 Community Moderator
    There's an easier way... Remove 2x RP (this is the event I love the most :p) events. That way, it'll WAI, and people won't stash RP. The stashing was the reason Fusion was changed to refinement, but then they added 2x RP.
    FrozenFire
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,290 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    They are not going to change this. This is about the 500th thread about getting rid of different type of bound.
    Without N types of refinement, M types of bound, O types of enchantments, P levels of ranks, who is going to buy bags?

Of course, they know the solution but they don't want the solution.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,290 Arc User
    r000kie said:

llira101 said:

The multiple levels of binding have GOT to stop!

I have a BOA Retraining token pack which cannot be stacked with the others. Unless the max stack for those is 9, which is not because if I split the stack of 9, still I cannot add the odd one to one of the stacks.

BTW... I have all the possible orange bags on one ava, still not enough. I know, I should buy bank slots now that the limit was increased...nope.

Even BOA can have 2 types. I have BOA P-wards that cannot be stacked to another BOA P-wards. It can be stacked to its "type" of BOA P-ward.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User
    IMO nothing, particularly nothing that has been purchased from the Zen market should ever be bound to character, whether or not it has been equipped. To purchase something and have it only useable by one character who will sooner or later out level that item's usefulness is one of the reasons I stopped spending real world currency to purchase Zen to obtain anything from the Zen market.

Also every item with the exact same stats should be able to be stacked for storage purposes, especially for a horder like me...

Why for instance are Rings of Piracy who are all exactly the same with no stats at all and of no actual benefit for game play not capable of being stacked and items like dropped "treasures" can only be stacked to 20 when so many items can be stacked to 99 or in some cases 999?

It just makes no sense to me why so many items that are exactly the same each take up an inventory slot or are only capable of being stacked to 20 instead of being able to stack them to 99 or higher.
    DD~
  • Options
    kangkeokkangkeok Member Posts: 1,123 Arc User
    I just wish they remove the bound mark. They are annoying.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User
    edited December 2016

r000kie said:

llira101 said:

I have a BOA Retraining token pack which cannot be stacked with the others. Unless the max stack for those is 9, which is not because if I split the stack of 9, still I cannot add the odd one to one of the stacks.

BTW... I have all the possible orange bags on one ava, still not enough. I know, I should buy bank slots now that the limit was increased...nope.

Even BOA can have 2 types. I have BOA P-wards that cannot be stacked to another BOA P-wards. It can be stacked to its "type" of BOA P-ward.
    now you guys are confusing me.. BoA?
    there's BtA, BtC.. BoE and BoP or unbound ... eiether BoA is going to jump out and hit me in the face like a wet fish or it doesn't exist (yet?)

please no more fish or binds.. :dizzy:

bound on accept .. is that a thing?
    Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    There should only be one type of bind : bound to account.

Elder Scrolls Online did it, removing "bound to character" and making all "bound" items "bound to account".

Generally speaking, ESO is a terrible game but they actually had some good ideas along the way.
  • Options
    wylonuswylonus Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,376 Arc User
    i like ESO's loot table, you have more options, thier loot table seem to be hybrid of Everquest-Asheron's Call.
    but here, it is boring, and that RNG is hurting more than devs thinks.
    Asheron's Call has the tool to rid of unwanted bound items, i still dont understand why devs made those bags as bounded with no destroy or no sell. seem they dont want us to move bags to alts, by forcing us to buy bags for each alts and get stuck with perma trash bags.
  • Options
    dionchidionchi Member Posts: 919 Arc User

The whole binding situation is annoying.

"Annoying" would be one word for it... not the one I would use, my thoughts for a discriptive term runs a bit more toward 'rip-off', but annoying is also appropriate.

DD~
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016
    FYI - This is one of the few issues all of the Community Moderators completely agree about.

While some of us hate the inventory management requirements more than others we all find the multiple stacks of the same items due to bind statuses extremely irritating.

Unfortunately in this case all I can say is the more noise which is made about it the more likely Cryptic will address it. Binding effects the economy so this is a harder to adjust than you might think so, even though I am sure the developers know people don't like it, the complication and time it will take to make adjustments makes it hard to prioritize.

Our best bet it to show them how much this needs to happen by having a lot of people provide that feedback. Don't spam with multiple threads or anything but try to get your friends to come to threads such as this and just say a quick statement about how frustrating it is to have all of these different bind statuses on the same items.
  • Options
    mightyerikssonmightyeriksson Member Posts: 842 Arc User
    Some space would be won if they changed the Artifact refinement stones to be universal, as in give equal rp to Power, Stability or Union artifacts.

Also, changing all/most BtC items/RP to BtA would be ever so sweet, and a monumental QoL improvement...
  • Options
    ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    edited December 2016

r000kie said:

llira101 said:

there's BtA, BtC.. BoE and BoP or unbound ... eiether BoA is going to jump out and hit me in the face like a wet fish or it doesn't exist (yet?)

Most people use BoA as BtA. There's really no rule on what the acronyms are supposed to be so you will see variety based on previous games and the like. There are two Bind Types: Bind on Pickup and Bind on Equip. There are Two Bind Statuses: Bind to Account and Bind to Character.

Personally I would like everything that is Bind on Pickup to be Bound to Account until a person decides to equip it at which point it is then Bound to that Character. Also remove ALL binds from enchantments. This will limit bind types too:
    BoP BtA (Virtually all items would be this or unbound)
    BoE BtC (only the items equipped would be this. These could be unbound items or already BtA)

Right now binds are based on where it comes from which results in this hoshposh of equally common variations:
    BoE BtC
    BoE BtA
    BoP BtC
    BoP BtA

And this is disregarding how things can bind based on how the refinement system works.
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User
    Its on the players side of qol updating requests.. foooorreeever.

Yet all they have done over and over IS ADD to the list of different types of RP and bindings in the last year.

I have 3 toons with max bags.. all of which if I remove them, cannot be passed to other toons, the incentive to buy more bags is very low on my side, since they made that change, in addition, due to their continued need to have more space, whats the point.

I will not reward a company by buying more bags, due to them being so over the top on this issue.

Companies who do this sort of stuff, simply shouldnt be rewarded with actual real life money.
  • Options
    earlgreybeardearlgreybeard Member Posts: 407 Arc User

r000kie said:

llira101 said:

Most people use BoA as BtA. There's really no rule on what the acronyms are supposed to be so you will see variety based on previous games and the like. There are two Bind Types: Bind on Pickup and Bind on Equip. There are Two Bind Statuses: Bind to Account and Bind to Character.

Personally I would like everything that is Bind on Pickup to be Bound to Account until a person decides to equip it at which point it is then Bound to that Character. Also remove ALL binds from enchantments. This will limit bind types too:
    BoP BtA (Virtually all items would be this or unbound)
    BoE BtC (only the items equipped would be this. These could be unbound items or already BtA)

Right now binds are based on where it comes from which results in this hoshposh of equally common variations:
    BoE BtC
    BoE BtA
    BoP BtC
    BoP BtA

And this is disregarding how things can bind based on how the refinement system works.
    ah.. thanks

acronyms can get a bit hard to keep up with in this game
    like this esva and msva business

a lot of those binds for BtC or BtA depend on which container they come out of
    the bags from invoking always give BtC while bags you get from quests(?) or from DHE's are BtA

if they made this bind more uniform across the board to all give BtA drops on opening that could help a lot

I wonder if the containers are BtC that is what makes the contents BtC?
    in which case.. might be the reason they would never do it.

Guild Leader Den of the Misfits
  • Options
    stevedudemanstevedudeman Member Posts: 130 Arc User
    edited December 2016
    Right now, if you participate in SKT/ SoMI and the Winter Festival, you are feeling the pain. I have 3 different fishing poles (Lonelywood, SoMI, and winterfest). The winter event is rewarding BTC rank 5s. Fey Blessing is BTA and you get a lot of unbound 5s just playing the game so thats 12 slots JUST for normal rank 5s. It is also rewarding unbound, as well as BTC fireworks of different sizes which I can't just sell cause they're all OP (lulz). And fish.........I know nobody is FORCING me to horde the stuff, but 2x RP is like a week and a half away...
  • Options
    ilithynilithyn Member Posts: 452 Arc User
    If making noise have even a faint chance of helping let me immediately help doing so.

Really at this point I'd take just being able to discard a bound bag. Even that little would be a significant help. Not even sell for gold, just being able to discard old bags would be really great.
    That and making all BtA and BtC the same, as others have noted there seem to be more than one version of each (and I can verify that that is indeed an issue).

The above solution of things that are BoP becomes BtA until equipped where it becomes BtC instead would really be great too.
    Logic is the beginning of wisdom, not the end of it.
  • Options
    i am with silverkelt.

we had waited nearly 3 years, we are tired of "thier Greed", refused to fix, thier "pointless Priorities" that dont make sense by killing economy, not bother to help with Linu's Favors for boons, so many more to be listed.

mods, i am not making threat, devs have choices if they wait.
    make players happy with chest update for invokings, overflow xp rewards, dungeon chests, boss drops, profession caches, improve crafter packages, and clean up and improve all the crafter quests also, most of all, KILL that RNG!

Or go broke when many players can refuse zen market.

the Wait has gone too long and too far. Come on guys, we are extremely tired and getting promise broken.

why is STO's market did so much better than NWO? since it is complete mess, not the devs fault, it is those guys in market team that really failed and still not earned our trusts. Truth hurts!
  • Options
    greywyndgreywynd Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7,115 Arc User
    You can get Linu's by fishing in Winterfest.
    I'm not looking for forgiveness, and I'm way past asking permission. Earth just lost her best defender, so we're here to fight. And if you want to stand in our way, we'll fight you too.
  • Options
    really? i better get that cranking up and load with coffee jugs.
    thank you.
  • Options
    linaduinlinaduin Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    Adding my voice to the white noise. The multiple RP items combined with multiple bindings is BS. Some things seem especially designed to annoy: the chants that drop from equipping fey chants are so few that it would hardly be economy-breaking if they were unbound. The devs got drunk one night and did that for a joke, right?