Install Arc
Options

No respec for HRs???

playersnoopyplayersnoopy Member Posts: 73 Arc User
Tell me this is a mistake?

Comments

• Options
    gerrick222gerrick222 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Does not look like one for SWs either. And in the live Dev Stream less than 2 hours ago, we were told there WOULD be.
  • Options
    silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    They'll fix it . . . I hope.

Stand by
    I aim to misbehave
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    waiting too
  • Options
    carl103carl103 Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    Stand by

They'd better or this will turn into:

Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

https://github.com/nilsbrummond/Neverwinter-ACT-Plugin
  • Options
    mystoclesmystocles Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I think the meeting went something like

Dev " ...and then we obviously will have to give them a respec"

Suits " What do you mean GIVE them a respec? make them PAY MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA"
  • Options
    whyratwhyrat Member Posts: 51 Arc User
    Seriously; how do they make such sweeping changes and not give a free respec? Prior Class changes gave them (DC re-work 2 years back for example)
  • Options
    treesclimbertreesclimber Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,161 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    If they gave free respecs as soon as the module was launched the people willing to purchase them even if there was no free respec already purchased it, and if they didnt have the zen, as the zax is at 0's they need to buy zen. Just wait 1 day or 2 you'll get your respec or a appolagy from the devs saying there will be no respec, if that happens i foresee strum getting a ear pull :smiley: .
    Post edited by treesclimber on

• Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    Where's MUH RUSPEG
  • Options
    lirithiellirithiel Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,482 Arc User
    ghoulz66 said:

Where's MUH RUSPEG

Ask the Seer - she has retraining tokens for a meagre 7 Symbols of Savras.
    Our pain is self chosen.

The most important thing in life is to be yourself. Unless you can be Batman. Always be Batman.
  • Options
    lirithiel said:

ghoulz66 said:

Where's MUH RUSPEG

Ask the Seer - she has retraining tokens for a meagre 7 Symbols of Savras.
    DEVs said they were giving out one. They can't weasel out and lie about the thing now.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    It's already acknowledged in the known issues thread in the bug forum.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    We're aware and will hopefully grant the respecs with fixes to some of the other major issues - like the blinding snowstorm.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• Options
    rversantrversant Member Posts: 896 Arc User
    I kinda like the snowstorm haha, Really makes the area feel atmospheric, I was gonna get home from work. turn off all the lights, chuck my headphones on, down a 6pack or two and just live the moment.
    People are way too negative, Why cant we just all get along.

Drunken Goose of MidNight Express. - 3.3k Paladin , 3.6k GWF , 3.1k GF,
  • Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User
    The real issue (I assume) is setting up a proper distribution. They want to pass them out only to players who own a class that was altered and have a character that was created prior to this change. Criteria has to be set in order for them to update the database. I don't expect a respec will occur before Thursday this week. I wouldn't be surprised, if we have to wait a week or more.
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    snottysnotty Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 476 Arc User
    in every other mod where they've made changes to any class they've always given out a free respect token and those tokens were available right after release so I seriously doubt they suddenly decided to screw everyone over with this mod. Remember, with every mod there are new bugs and glitches, mistakes are made and this is even more true in the big mods. Strum already said they're planning on giving out tokens, so everyone just calm down and stop with the conspiracy theories.
  • Options
    ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

We're aware and will hopefully grant the respecs with fixes to some of the other major issues - like the blinding snowstorm.

snotty said:

Strum already said they're planning on giving out tokens, so everyone just calm down and stop with the conspiracy theories.

He actually said they will HOPEFULLY give out respec tokens. That sounds like the most noncommittal way of saying they may or may not be giving tokens.
  • Options
    ansakuansaku Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 22 Arc User
    macjae said:

Is fixing Borrowed Time also on that list? It got broken with the soul sparks change for SWs.
    +10000 please fix Borrowed Time.
  • Options
    dheffernandheffernan Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 216 Arc User
    sameriker said:

The real issue (I assume) is setting up a proper distribution. They want to pass them out only to players who own a class that was altered and have a character that was created prior to this change. Criteria has to be set in order for them to update the database. I don't expect a respec will occur before Thursday this week. I wouldn't be surprised, if we have to wait a week or more.

Yeah, it's not as if they knew weeks or months ago that they'd need to do this.

OH. WAIT.

There's no excuse for the free respecs not being available at the module's launch.

@Venture-1 @Venture from City of Heroes if you remember that far back. Yes, *that* Venture. Yes, I probably trashed your MA arc. For me it was Tuesday.
  • Options
    He said they'd hopefully grant them with certain fixes. Not they'd hopefully grant them at all *headdesk*.
    Paingiver is not an acurratte or Useful measure of your actual sustained damage output, (i.e DPS), in various ways it lies. For a true idea use ACT. Link below:

• Options
    aaramis75aaramis75 Member Posts: 348 Arc User

OH. WAIT.

There's no excuse for the free respecs not being available at the module's launch.

LOL, exactly.
    Look, just give everyone a free respec. OPs have already seen some changes, and many have been forced to respec; now HRs, GWFs, SWs, and GWFs have had changes. Pretty soon they'll probably be eyeing up the remaining classes.
    In other words, EVERYONE will probably deserve a free respec once class balancing changes are done.

Just give them out now. If your class hasn't seen a balance yet, you can either hold on to it until the balance is done, or spend it now and hope for the best. Your choice.
  • Options
    aaramis75 said:

OH. WAIT.

LOL, exactly.
    Look, just give everyone a free respec. OPs have already seen some changes, and many have been forced to respec; now HRs, GWFs, SWs, and GWFs have had changes. Pretty soon they'll probably be eyeing up the remaining classes.
    In other words, EVERYONE will probably deserve a free respec once class balancing changes are done.

Just give them out now. If your class hasn't seen a balance yet, you can either hold on to it until the balance is done, or spend it now and hope for the best. Your choice.
    They already gave em out to individual classes. I don't know WHY they're having so much trouble this time......
  • Options
    It's obvious from various comments in the past that the engine can do unexpected things on them, they probably accidently broke the code for awarding free respecs when they built mod 10 and have only just fou8nd out it's broke.

• Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,270 Arc User
    GF,HR,SW will have free respec after Thursday patch.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    samerikersameriker Member Posts: 169 Arc User

sameriker said:

OH. WAIT.

All I am saying is; When you run short staff, you have to prioritize your work load. Easy fix versus very broken aspects. You should be happy they are out 48 hours after patch. Mod 9 made the Foundry authors wait over 90 days for a fix. Foundry is down again, but expected. Updating a database ain't like dusting crops, boy! Without precise calculations they could truncate the wrong table, or delete the wrong field and that'd end your game real quick, wouldn't it? ;)
    Fame is a vapor, popularity an accident; the only earthly certainty is oblivion. ~ Mark Twain
  • Options
    mystoclesmystocles Member Posts: 56 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    macjae said:

Is fixing Borrowed Time also on that list? It got broken with the soul sparks change for SWs.

+1 for this as well