test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

You Must Equip a Weapon (TR)

turtles#4710 turtles Member Posts: 4 Arc User
I can't dodge-roll and I don't see my offhand show up when I fight on my TR. I've seen forums for pallies having this problem, but no other class. I've unequipped/equipped both main and offhand several times, logged in/out twice... is there a definite fix for this yet?

Comments

• Options
    zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    edited January 2016
    Sometimes when inspecting other players I get the "You must equip a weapon" error message, but it's never affected my gameplay to my knowledge. Just a nonsense error message out of nowhere. I didn't know this error message could actually occur in a problematic way.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User

I can't dodge-roll and I don't see my offhand show up when I fight on my TR. I've seen forums for pallies having this problem, but no other class. I've unequipped/equipped both main and offhand several times, logged in/out twice... is there a definite fix for this yet?

Dagger points right, main-hand weapon. Dagger points left, off-hand weapon. The devs seemingly try to make sure that off-hands get tagged accordingly (valid as main-hand) so that TRs don't break when having one in the main-hand slot, but some items always get missed. So yeah, the fix is to replace the main-hand weapon with something that points the correct way, just to be sure.
    zibadawa said:

Sometimes when inspecting other players I get the "You must equip a weapon" error message, but it's never affected my gameplay to my knowledge. Just a nonsense error message out of nowhere. I didn't know this error message could actually occur in a problematic way.

Happens when you inspect a paladin. Obviously a weird bug, but completely irrelevant to this discussion.

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    turtles#4710 turtles Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I finally fixed the bug by equipping a weapon without Tenacity in my offhand. Basically any Tenacity weapon I had did not show up, but another weapon would. That was about a week ago, and I tried it again yesterday and the weapons seem to be back to normal now.
  • Options
    mrzezmrzez Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Only fix on PS4 is to have zero tenacity in offhand. Bug persistent past 24hr.
  • Options
    dbrock1031dbrock1031 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I just ran into the same problem. As soon as I switched out my off-hand dagger with tenacity and equipped a dagger without tenacity I was able to dodge again.