test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Does the Neverwinter gateway work for consoles?

Love the idea but does it work for my ps4 characters?

Comments

• troyausttroyaust Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Just wondering if you can use Neverwinter Gateway for the ps4 version?
  • onewingedmenace#5432 onewingedmenace Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    I keep getting a message telling me I have no characters when I log in.
  • mobicera#7705 mobicera Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I wanted to post about this as well, asking but the probation period prevented me....
    I also have not been able to log in with ps4 characters, I get the same error every time i try
    Timeout getting Character list
    no amount of refreshes etc alter anything
  • velforcevelforce Member Posts: 34 Arc User
    gateway doesnt work for ps4 or xbone, and likely never will unfortunately :-(
  • thaolinhirelthaolinhirel Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    Are we referring to the swordcoast adventures? If so, I was looking to see if Xbox had access to it and maybe we would later but on their forums they (Xbox peeps) didn't have access to swordcaost. One of the replies mentioned that one of the Cryptic personal said it had no plans on adding it nor NOT adding access to Xbox players.

I for one think its an awesome way to still interact with game while away from game. Used it PLENTY while on PC made for great AD and other knick knack farming while i was at work on off times or waiting somewhere off laptop or tab. GREAT way to kill time and still interact with your character.

WOULD LOVE TO SEE IT activated for use on my playstation account.
  • onewingedmenace#5432 onewingedmenace Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Very disappointing to hear we probably won't get it. Seems like a very cool idea. :(
  • cannayacannaya Member Posts: 33 Arc User
    Please bring the gateway to console.
  • animereaper40#6124 animereaper40 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    never gonna happen

IGN:Jekyll-GF-il 1890
    IGN:Echo-GWF-il:2570(main)
    IGN:Jenkins:DC-buff/debuff-il 2020
    IGN:Ham Solo-OP Tank-il 1850
    IGN:Barney Fife-HR
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User

never EVER gonna happen

• ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
    Good luck on that one. ^-^
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Unfortunately, we currently have no plans to introduce Gateway to PS4 and Xbox One.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• aleguarita#8028 aleguarita Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Any chances to this work on PS4 NW accounts any time soon?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Short answer - no. There are currently no plans to bring the Gateway to either console.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • demigodgamer#7121 demigodgamer Member Posts: 194 Arc User
    what exactly is the Gateway?

• aleguarita#8028 aleguarita Member Posts: 10 Arc User
  • shepherd#8623 shepherd Member Posts: 5 New User
    interesting
  • coleman7571#3555 coleman7571 Member Posts: 1 New User
    edited August 2016
    No and they are not planning to bring this feature either to ps4/xone :((
  • someonediessomeonedies Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,257 Arc User
    It's an exclusive PC feature.
    Rimuru?
    Dead 🔪
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    No. PC only.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • raadiraadi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    Thanks for the responses everyone.
  • kessindiarkessindiar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    What is with these companies constantly taking away features? With that, the Foundry, and so on, it feels like we are starting to pay for a stripped down D&D game, as a regular MMO, when it was standing apart.
  • kessindiarkessindiar Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    If there are no plans beyond making this a normal MMO, I'll probably do as I usually do, get bored, and leave. Bummer, it should be called Neverwinter for a reason, NWN.

-----

They are adding the Foundry according to the harper NPC at the Hall Of Justice.
    Post edited by kessindiar on
  • drbubbles#2158 drbubbles Member Posts: 209 Arc User
    I didn't even know about gateway but now I want it on PS4. Extremely disappointed it's only on PC
  • mialee#8084 mialee Member Posts: 1 New User
    "You have Encountered an Error
    Timeout getting character list
    Request timed out while waiting for your list of characters. You can retry by clicking the link below.

Click here to go to Character Select"
  • shontsushontsu Member Posts: 99 Arc User
    Gateway quickly became (and would become if allowed on PS4), an extraordinarily easy way for people to bot professions via browser scripts.
  • parottiparotti Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I hate that companies always look down when it comes to consoles. We spend just like PC players. Still we get 10x less patches and fixes. If there is exclusive features we need them on consoles also.
  • parottiparotti Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Also it would give the company good reputation (finally company who take console players seriously)
  • drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User

Unfortunately, we currently have no plans to introduce Gateway to PS4 and Xbox One.

is there any way us as a community can get yall to MAKE PLANS to introduce the gateway to consoles as i know it would be a very helpful to be able to work on my professions and such while at work. and if Pc has the ability console can be given it also as Grand theft auto had this feature on console. this is like the 5th thread in a month on the topic so it is a desired function.

for people like me for example have already dropped hundreds of dollars on this game in the last month and deserve the same functionality that PC is offered
  • I understand that there are 'no plans to bring this to console' but that answer alone feels a bit short to be fair. Can we atleast get a full reason as to why it hasn't been considered for consoles please?
    Officer of DARK AURA GAMING GUILD (PS4)

Part of DarkAura gaming community with members in Warframe, The Division and Destiny

L70 TR - MrDrinkington
  • apmapm#3040 apmapm Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I would def utilize this feature as well