DPS PvP Trapper with Longshot build Module 6

2»

Comments

• Options
    ralexinorralexinor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 576 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    userutf8 wrote: »
    thanks for the answer, man.

I really liked this build. When I look at it, it's all logical and cool here - great work. Really endless consumption must be better with this build, as well as serpent.
    But not gonna use it. Just my personal issue. Firstly, I don't like to copy other people builds, despite the situation I'm 100% sure they suit me.:-)
    Secondly, stunlocks are really pretty handy against CWs, despite dps is bad - it takes forever to kill BiS CW, but it's pretty well doable.
    Thirdly, with my bad ping thorn ward is sometimes suicidal. I really liked ward in mod 4. I was using it with boar and fox on melee spec -it was giving a nice mobility=). Maybe I'm missing something though, maybe I'm just a nub who cannot use a thorn ward properly.=)
    If I had full bis, I'd probably give it a shot to try this spec, though.

Thanks again for guide, man. Meet you in the game.:-)

P.S. Just a matter of interest... halfling still rocks, isn't it?;-)

Thorn Ward is fine with high ping, you just need to learn how to not accidentally cancel it; it's only really with something like 400~ ping that it becomes really hard, and by that point the game isn't really playable competitively anyway, 350 ping is about the limit of proper reaction times, from my experience. I play with 300~ ping usually, living in Australia, and with HR dodges it's a pain but you just have to work around it and learn the timing of things differently. I still sometimes accidentally cancel TW and Constricting when I shouldn't be, multiple times in a row even. The key is honestly not panicking. Imo if you have high ping, HR is the hardest class in the game to play, mostly because it's too easy to cancel things early + animations and dodges cause a large amount of rubberbanding, and it's pretty much impossible to play the class based on reactions, which is technically what it's built for.

And yes, I'd still say halfling is the best for HR. Wood elf and Dragonborn/Metallic are also good choices.

I killed a BiS CW in 10 seconds with Perfect Vorpal. He was potted and I wasn't. This is doable with both Trapper and this build - it's just easier with Trapper.
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    edited June 2015
    I guess i have to respec back to this build...longshot is a must
  • Options
    edited June 2015
    disregard this post
  • Options
    ZooidinZooidin Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    Hello ralexinor, do you still use Holy avenger (the DR boost is working?) or you're using feytouched? Witch one is better for the build?
  • Options
    I think Holy Avenger may be better. The tankiness and heals are nice, but Feytouched is pretty broken too. I haven't exactly tested it much with Feytouched, but both would be good I'd say.

I said at the beginning of my first post that I don't use this build, I'm just posting it here for other people who may want to use it, because it's not ideal for premades which is what I usually do.
  • Options
    krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User
    ralexinor wrote: »
    I think Holy Avenger may be better. The tankiness and heals are nice, but Feytouched is pretty broken too. I haven't exactly tested it much with Feytouched, but both would be good I'd say.

I said at the beginning of my first post that I don't use this build, I'm just posting it here for other people who may want to use it, because it's not ideal for premades which is what I usually do.

Which build are you actually using? I am looking for something effective for PVP aswell
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    malachimabemalachimabe Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    This build is solid and a different playstyle than trapper and it is quite good for dps.

However, I can't believe you put Saber in the category of good GWFs considering I cleared him 1v1 as a full trapper with 100% HP left.

Longshot is not a must in PreMade and imo is not better than Trapper in a PM. You're not slotted in a PM as a dps as HR, you are slotted for control at mid and clearing home which 9/10 you will be doing 2v1 with a CW or GF. This also depends on how <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> the TR is.
    bi6w07.png
  • Options
    hawkendhawkend Member Posts: 179 Arc User
    edited August 2015
    What do you think about Heart of Green Dragon as main arti?
    edd2bd1f94.jpg
    Its should works good with semi-perma daze but idk how large this arti have AoE.
  • Options
    zonoske#5272 zonoske Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    Would holy avenger still be necessary or will the insignia's cover the healing?
  • Options

Would holy avenger still be necessary or will the insignia's cover the healing?

No need of Holy avenger anymore, just go for Feytouch/Dread (depending of your critical chance) to maximize damage.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • Options
    rayrdanrayrdan Member Posts: 5,410 Arc User
    meh is not affected by damage boosts :(
  • Options
    This is... this is from module... 6. A lot of the information here is very outdated, so I wouldn't recommend referring to it anymore ._.

That being said, if you want a feats build for next module:
    http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/hr?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13k3iii:1u0uu00:1000000:1uu0uz1&h=0&p=pfr&o=0

This should be the meta build in PvP. Rotation is either Thorn Ward - Constricting Arrow - Hindering Shot or Fox Shift - Constricting Arrow - Hindering Shot. If people are fighting on node, Thorn Ward is very strong, otherwise you're kinda forced to use Fox Shift. Aimed Shot is now quite strong as well. Would use either Savage or Brutal enchants, and either Dread or Feytouched (I cbf calculating which one would be better).
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    ralexinor said:

This is... this is from module... 6. A lot of the information here is very outdated, so I wouldn't recommend referring to it anymore ._.

http://nwcalc.com/index.html#/hr?b=1oa5:k6rwk5:8dep:5tb7d,13k3iii:1u0uu00:1000000:1uu0uz1&h=0&p=pfr&o=0

This should be the meta build in PvP. Rotation is either Thorn Ward - Constricting Arrow - Hindering Shot or Fox Shift - Constricting Arrow - Hindering Shot. If people are fighting on node, Thorn Ward is very strong, otherwise you're kinda forced to use Fox Shift. Aimed Shot is now quite strong as well. Would use either Savage or Brutal enchants, and either Dread or Feytouched (I cbf calculating which one would be better).

Savage and Brutal Enchants are amazing, I have them in most slots now too. I also like Vicious Enchants they are very good and have a couple of those slotted... I also have just 1 Cruel Enchant slotted for a little boost to Power and Recovery. Once they are all Rank 10 and over the boosts are pretty significant :)

I have been meaning to ask you @ralexinor do you know the cool down on a Tenebrous Enchant? I have not been able to figure it out on the Xbox. I have had one of those equipped in an Offensive slot for over a year, it procs of a lot of things and I see 7000-9000 hits most of the time at Rank 12... But there is an ICD that I cannot see.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    wdj40 said:

ralexinor said:

Savage and Brutal Enchants are amazing, I have them in most slots now too. I also like Vicious Enchants they are very good and have a couple of those slotted... I also have just 1 Cruel Enchant slotted for a little boost to Power and Recovery. Once they are all Rank 10 and over the boosts are pretty significant :)

I have been meaning to ask you @ralexinor do you know the cool down on a Tenebrous Enchant? I have not been able to figure it out on the Xbox. I have had one of those equipped in an Offensive slot for over a year, it procs of a lot of things and I see 7000-9000 hits most of the time at Rank 12... But there is an ICD that I cannot see.
    iirc it's something like 20 seconds, and it applies globally even if you have multiple tenes, i.e. you have 7 tenes, one procs, every one of the them is now on cooldown for the next 20 seconds. It's either 20s or 60s.

Also the next mod meta, if it stays this way without nerfs, is pathfinder combat tree; piercing damage is ridiculous.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    ralexinor said:

wdj40 said:

ralexinor said:

iirc it's something like 20 seconds, and it applies globally even if you have multiple tenes, i.e. you have 7 tenes, one procs, every one of the them is now on cooldown for the next 20 seconds. It's either 20s or 60s.

Also the next mod meta, if it stays this way without nerfs, is pathfinder combat tree; piercing damage is ridiculous.
    Nice one thank you. Hmmm 20 seconds is a bit worse than I thought it was lol.

Yeah I wont be interested in swapping to that Path no matter what the damage. It is the Trapper playstyle that I enjoy the most out of all the classes and all the paths, not which can do more damage :)

I will respec a few times and try out the Archery and Combat paths after the changes hit the X1. But I will go back to Trapper and test all my Builds there too to see which are no longer viable.

I have a risky build for instance with just 3 points in SotF for 9% cool downs, but with enhanced Recovery etc which is very powerful. But 3 points in SotF will deffo not be viable I do not think. This build requires no errors what so ever to function without cool downs, 1 slip up and its 3 seconds or something like that.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    Why not stormwarden combat? Wouldn't you do more damage with blade storm feat?
  • Options
    Blade storm is terrible for pvp.
  • Options
    Wouldn't I need a few points in ancient for the duration?
  • Options
    divectoredivectore Member Posts: 190 Arc User

For pve yes, blade storm is amazing, the more enemies the more damage it deals, if proc 5 times within a single attack, you deal double damage, but for pvp will proc sometimes and for a little damage
  • Options
    divectore said:

For pve yes, blade storm is amazing, the more enemies the more damage it deals, if proc 5 times within a single attack, you deal double damage, but for pvp will proc sometimes and for a little damage
    Infact this is a PvP build and not PVE, you would had figured it out while just reading the first post.
    GRAVITY X GAME