test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Your thoughts on an Upcoming 2x AD

ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User
Personally I think either the events are just magically appear during Summer Heights, or that were not getting one until after the new mod drops n' our Salvage is worth less than it is with and without 2x ad, and of coarse we could just not have one at all. Whats your thoughts? :3

Comments

• livefast1#9341 livefast1 Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Ive also been waiting on one for awhile. PC never even gets them anymore. Been like 3-4 months for Xbox. Long overdue. I am hoping they surprise us for summer festivals height. Your thoughts on it not coming till new mod, may also be true, but that may be a very long time, with still no release date. So for me the sooner the better.
  • armadeonxarmadeonx Member Posts: 4,952 Arc User
    I am going to be very upset if there isn't one on the Summer Heights week...
    Please Do Not Feed The Trolls

Xael De Armadeon: DC
    Xane De Armadeon: CW
    Zen De Armadeon: OP
    Zohar De Armadeon: TR
    Chrion De Armadeon: SW
    Gosti Big Belly: GWF
    Barney McRustbucket: GF
    Lt. Thackeray: HR
    Lucius De Armadeon: BD

Member of Casual Dailies - XBox
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I think its either after the x2 exp event or we are not getting any x2 ad events anymore at all. I really hope we get one soon, though. I am running out of VIP in less than two months.

Mod 10 will hit on xbox probably in Oktober. We also still have to get Portobellos Campaign and the Benign order campaign first. Im eagerly waiting for Portobello, I hope it gets released right after the summer festival.
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    2X AD events are generally a reward, an apology, or an economy balancing measure. There is no need for any of those things for now, but when it does come it will likely be without advance notice.
  • ecrana#2080 ecrana Member Posts: 1,654 Arc User
    I also hope to see 2x AD before Mod 10 but, like all my other hopes for things in the game, I fear we won't see one until after they make the salvage rate change. Why give us double ad and then immediately change the salvage rate afterwards? Makes more sense for them to drop the salvage then give us 2x AD to appease us.
  • zman81420zman81420 Member Posts: 972 Arc User
    Just on observation here. If you want it and speak of it upon forums. Kiss it goodbye. Just my observation but ya know look at the events leading up to today.
    Guardian Fighter: SM Conqueror

[]Full Metal Witch[]
    4149 TiL
    Guild: (X1) The Legendary Outlaws

"The Best of the Best"
    "Nobody does it better"
    #TLO BiS
  • curygreenleaf69curygreenleaf69 Member Posts: 120 Arc User
    I always see post like this right before we get one, so thanks for that.
  • ltsmithnekoltsmithneko Member Posts: 1,578 Arc User

Because we kinda need it... cx
  • kuero21kuero21 Member Posts: 454 Arc User

Hmm, then perahps we should post stuff like this every week.
    kuero21 said:

Hmm, then perahps we should post stuff like this every week.
    We don't need it every week though. ^~^
  • sundance777sundance777 Member Posts: 1,097 Arc User
    I need x2 AD also, bags are getting full! It seems like lately the PC and Xbox double rewards are aligned which is nice IMO as it leads to less chance of mistakes and lately the stated rewards out a couple weeks have been much more consistent I think. There is an upcoming change to the salvage system, I am hoping for at least one more double AD before that change. Fingers crossed for this weekend!
    TR - Sun: 16000 IL
    OP - Sunshine: 16000 IL

Casual Dailies

I need x2 AD also, bags are getting full! It seems like lately the PC and Xbox double rewards are aligned which is nice IMO as it leads to less chance of mistakes and lately the stated rewards out a couple weeks have been much more consistent I think. There is an upcoming change to the salvage system, I am hoping for at least one more double AD before that change. Fingers crossed for this weekend!

cx Litterally my bank, alts, mail, inventory are all full... lol T'is why im hoping as well.
    It would be completely unfair for Cryptic to hold off any 2 x AD for longer than usual just so they can introduce a nerf to the amount people will receive.

The fair and right thing to do is to allow people to refine normally then introduce the change so people have adjusted their habits with sufficient time to prepare. Cryptic get their 'balance' and the players work, knowing the outcome of their efforts.

That is the reasonable position. The alternative will further inflame an already unhappy player base with yet another 'trick' where players invest time in a certain area only to have the goal posts moved before they get the chance to be rewarded for their efforts.

@strumslinger I really hope they choose the fair course here, we've had too many examples of Cryptic hitting players in the pocket before they've had the chance to at least adjust their habits. MMO players are grinders by nature but changing the reward structure part way through a cycle (in this case reducing players earnings by 35%) is sure to have a very negative impact.

Keeping 2 x AD as an unannounced 'surprise' is already bad enough but artificially holding off on the next one so the rewards can be reduced in time is the kind of underhanded tactic that always backfires - as Cryptic should be all too aware.

• cesar#6784 cesar Member Posts: 325 Arc User

There is an upcoming change to the salvage system.

What's the change?
    They are reducing the amount of AD you get from salvaging T1 gear & skirmish drops by around 35% and increasing the amount you get from T2 gear by around 20% - instead of them both having the same value.

As most people farm T1's & skirmishes this will represent most of what people have saved up. As there are no T2 skirmishes and T2 dungeons take longer to run, the amount of AD most people get in any given time period will decrease.

Only those people that farm the likes of CN in high level speed runs will see any benefit. They don't have a date for the roll out of this update but the suspicion is that Cryptic may hold off on any 2 x AD event until after the update has arrived.

In short, all of the salvage you've saved will be worth 1/3rd less.

That reaaally sucks, man! What about salvage from SH 15s?
    edited July 2016

That reaaally sucks, man! What about salvage from SH 15s?

Not sure exactly what you mean, but things from SH salvage for 1k and was not changed saw that somewhere. :P Might be the market gear im thinking of idk.
    Post edited by ltsmithneko on
  • xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Why would they reduce the rewards instead of just increasing the T2 salvage earnings? Are they intentionally trying to kill the game, have they not learned from coalgate? Pay to win should be an option and not something forced on people. If you produce a solid product the people enjoy then they will fund it, even more so then they will if you keep <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font> them over.

This type of gaming lacks a system of regulation compared to other businesses and often seems exploited. Even with phone apps. At what point do they put a cap on it. Like an auto dealership with petty car salesmen saying "buy as is". Telling you at this point you have to figure trolls really do exist and they are running the gaming world....lol. @kreatyve is the most pro company person here so please share your thoughts. Explain to us what good this does? ;) Tc and have fun.
    T2's are being increased :p
    Yep T2's are being increased by 20% but when you consider it takes your average player more than 20% longer to farm salvage in a T2 compared to a T1 that is an overall drop in earnings.

I can understand that they want higher level players to farm T2's instead of T1's - and they are probably trying to regulate the total AD in the economy at the same time but I think they should at the very least:
    have the 2 x AD event BEFORE the change as people as worked for months with this expectation
    increase the T2 salvage to an increase of 30% to balance out the earnings & give a bit extra for the extra effort.

• destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    When there is a double AD you see value of items sky rock and AD to Zen get 1.5x more expensive. So we are already loosing in a way. The only way to make a 2x AD worth it is to salvage, bank it (not touch it til months) and THEN and only then you can get all the value of your AD.

So if they wait til there AD change (that by the way i am totally against for pretty solid reasons) then well... not only are they gonna HAMSTER off a lot of people, but im sure they are gonna loose a decent ammount too.

And for the people saying "yeah but T2s..." look ... THERE IS NO "T2s" !!!! There is ETOS and then there is CN that count as a thing of its own.

ETOS is the only dungeon a normal group can do. Want to do Grey Wolf? Sorry but if you don't have over the top crazy DPS you won't kill the boss, it will keep healing. And tonight we tried ECC, our 3.1 GF got one shot by the boss... Now i dunno if the mistake came from him not rising his shield and just HAMSTER up, but it happened several times. The guy is far from a noob too so i dunno. We barely could hurt him a bit until he killed us all. Not to mention its not just the GF that was getting one shot, us too. And yes we did dodge what we can. Boss is ultra hard, rest of dungeon was a breeze.. No wonder people glitched him so much all the time in the past.

So unless they kinda fix those dungeons, we doomed on doing spider spider spider all the time... Not only is it shorter overall, but the boss is not cheap. Yet when doing the same thing all the time, you get tired of it...

CN ... well that one depend it seem. I had great runs and some not so great... depend on the team. I have not run it that much since the pally change tough.
  • xalorusxalorus Member Posts: 107 Arc User
    Guess I should clarify.....why decrease anything let alone the T1 gear. Just increase the T2 salvage. :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:
    No double AD..........

So sad - but sahha balls are on sale :)

Casual Dailies

There is an upcoming change to the salvage system.

What's the change?
    http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/1218289/storm-kings-thunder-preview-patch-notes-nw-65-20160705a-3/p1
    Salvage values for Neverwinter have not been very consistent. Now that we're adding a new tier of gear, we really want to streamline what items gave. Going forward, all items of level 130+ that are salvageable will have their salvage value determined by rarity and size (Small/Medium/Large) only. (Small = Neck, Waist, Ring, Shirt, Pants; Medium = Arms, Feet, Head, Offhand; Large = Body, Mainhand) In practice, the biggest effect of these changes is that some rings have gone down in value and some Elemental/Protector seal gear has gone up.

Casual Dailies
    And it is not until MOD 10, from the PC Forum:

Salvage changes...

Small T1: down from 3000 to 2000
    Medium T1: down from 4000 to 2500
    Large T1: down from 5000 to 3000

Small T2: up from 3000 to 4000
    Medium T2: up from 4000 to 5000
    Large T2: up from 5000 to 6000

+1,+2 rings: down from 3000 to 2000
    +3,+4 rings: down from 6000 to 4000

Guild armor stays at 1000 per piece.

Casual Dailies
  • d4rkh0rs3d4rkh0rs3 Member Posts: 382 Arc User
    I spent a lot of real world money on keys during 50% off with the intention of trade bar > equipment > AD.

I certainly hope we are given the opportunity to adjust to these changes prior to them being implemented by having a 2x Salvage of 2x AD prior to Mod 10.
    Just cross your fingers </3

Not sure exactly what you mean, but things from SH salvage for 1k and was not changed saw that somewhere. :P Might be the market gear im thinking of idk.

Salvage from SH 15+ heroics, which are purple 130-something items.

Salvage from SH 15+ heroics, which are purple 130-something items.
    Never really farmed those, tbh, but they'll stay the same most likely.