test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So. You've had the head start for a couple days now. Whaddya think?

What do you like and not like so far?

Comments

• Options
    krazeeddkrazeedd Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    2 Character slots is a bummer. Paying for early access should have come with at least 1 or 2 more slots. With all these races and classes....2 slots?
  • Options
    thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    yeah, slots aren't that expensive though. before you know it you'll have more slots. it takes so muhc time to level up alts anywhere nad then gear them properly it's not something that is really feasible this early in the game to have more than one anyway. (imo)

having come over from xbox I"m LOVING the graphics, the lack of frame rate issues. it always looks high def. the controls actually respond right away.

not liking losing my old guild, my stuff and my progress.. missing vip 12. but I have gone back once or twice to do sahha ball creation and pray and man.. I don't think I can play it on xbox anymore. it looks like being underwater.

got a new guild with some old friends and some new friends. it's kind of fun to be in a guild from the ground up when EVERYONE is under 70. new economy.. fresh start.. makes the game less old.
  • Options
    aeorath#6010 aeorath Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > yeah, slots aren't that expensive though. before you know it you'll have more slots. it takes so muhc time to level up alts anywhere nad then gear them properly it's not something that is really feasible this early in the game to have more than one anyway. (imo)
    >
    >
    > having come over from xbox I"m LOVING the graphics, the lack of frame rate issues. it always looks high def. the controls actually respond right away.
    >
    > not liking losing my old guild, my stuff and my progress.. missing vip 12. but I have gone back once or twice to do sahha ball creation and pray and man.. I don't think I can play it on xbox anymore. it looks like being underwater.
    >
    > got a new guild with some old friends and some new friends. it's kind of fun to be in a guild from the ground up when EVERYONE is under 70. new economy.. fresh start.. makes the game less old.

The graphics are nice and all, but the lag in Protector's Enclave is unbearable. And this is just early access days, I wonder what it will be like when everyone will come in. I have no idea what lag was like on Xbox, but it's pretty bad on PS4 as well.
    Post edited by aeorath#6010 on
  • Options
    gjrgamergjrgamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    Loving the game a lot so far. Dipped into it a few times on PC, but have been waiting for the PS4 version.

My only dislike has to be the gold spammers. Although considering right now they have to pay real money to spam on the server I do get a chuckle out of them doing so. But I do worry about it come release. This is something that does need to be fixed.

Currently enjoying levelling my Dragonborn Control Wizard (around level 22 at the moment), but I suffer greatly from alt-o-holism so I am feeling the need to roll more characters this weekend.

imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • Options
    tachiharatachihara Member Posts: 30 Arc User
    I'm almost lvl60 now. Game runs smoothly with frame rate drops being slight in protectors enclave. Also I've had a few crashes trying to queue up for dungeons and PvP. Aside from that it runs fine.

The combat feels satisfying. I did have to adjust the axis to be a bit more responsive. All in all the experience is great.

A few hiccups aside the game is good. I am kind of concerned with the cost of resetting characters and bag space is an issue if you don't buy some with Zen.
  • Options

> @thefiresidecat said:

> yeah, slots aren't that expensive though. before you know it you'll have more slots. it takes so muhc time to level up alts anywhere nad then gear them properly it's not something that is really feasible this early in the game to have more than one anyway. (imo)

>

>

> having come over from xbox I"m LOVING the graphics, the lack of frame rate issues. it always looks high def. the controls actually respond right away.

>

> not liking losing my old guild, my stuff and my progress.. missing vip 12. but I have gone back once or twice to do sahha ball creation and pray and man.. I don't think I can play it on xbox anymore. it looks like being underwater.

>

> got a new guild with some old friends and some new friends. it's kind of fun to be in a guild from the ground up when EVERYONE is under 70. new economy.. fresh start.. makes the game less old.

The graphics are nice and all, but the lag in Protector's Enclave is unbearable. And this is just early access days, I wonder what it will be like when everyone will come in. I have no idea what lag was like on Xbox, but it's pretty bad on PS4 as well.

I haven't experienced anything noteworthy on ps4 as far as lag. I suspect you'd find the game unbearable on xbox.
  • Options
    aeorath#6010 aeorath Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    > @thefiresidecat said:
    > > @thefiresidecat said:
    >
    > > yeah, slots aren't that expensive though. before you know it you'll have more slots. it takes so muhc time to level up alts anywhere nad then gear them properly it's not something that is really feasible this early in the game to have more than one anyway. (imo)
    >
    > >
    >
    > >
    >
    > > having come over from xbox I"m LOVING the graphics, the lack of frame rate issues. it always looks high def. the controls actually respond right away.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > not liking losing my old guild, my stuff and my progress.. missing vip 12. but I have gone back once or twice to do sahha ball creation and pray and man.. I don't think I can play it on xbox anymore. it looks like being underwater.
    >
    > >
    >
    > > got a new guild with some old friends and some new friends. it's kind of fun to be in a guild from the ground up when EVERYONE is under 70. new economy.. fresh start.. makes the game less old.
    >
    >
    >
    > The graphics are nice and all, but the lag in Protector's Enclave is unbearable. And this is just early access days, I wonder what it will be like when everyone will come in. I have no idea what lag was like on Xbox, but it's pretty bad on PS4 as well.
    >
    > I haven't experienced anything noteworthy on ps4 as far as lag. I suspect you'd find the game unbearable on xbox.

Probably, but for me the frame rate drops (which I call lag actually) is very noticeable in the Enclave, but not in any other areas. But who knows, maybe the frame rate drops is not lag, it's just the way the game is coded? I have no idea, I am not a professional; but you could be right, because every time I am in the Enclave and using my inventory, moving things, enchanting, equipping, the game is not laggy at all. So it could be something else.
  • Options
    yup frame rate drops I'd count as lag. and personally I've never seen anything on ps4 that comes close to the frame rate drops on xbox. (as of this time anyway) even when you have ten people fighting all at once. xbox is badddd. the rendering power on the xbox just isn't as good as ps4. it's like going to the ps3 from the ps4 if you can remember what that was like. I have logged back in to xbox a few times to pick up my daily key and honestly it makes my eyes bleed now. I was ok with it but having seen a more beautiful neverwinter xbox is unplayable. lol.

@tachihara you can also use the mail system as deep storage by mailing yourself stuff.
  • Options
    deadcellraamdeadcellraam Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    I'm loving it! The Xbox version is so bad. The lag was so terrible. Half of protectors enclave wouldn't load properly when you logged in. Your mount would never load properly. The wife and I would disconnect constantly. We would get trapped in dungeons because we were unable to interact with exit.
  • Options
    onewingedmenace#5432 onewingedmenace Member Posts: 148 Arc User
    Fun game, my only complaint is I wish there were other ways to get those trade bars for fashion outfits apart from lockboxes, I personally wouldn't mind spending a few € on the outfits themselves but trying to save up via trade bars is far too costly for me.
  • Options
    sith2015sith2015 Member Posts: 7 Arc User
    Actually played this game some time ago on the PC and thought it was just ok.. I bought the early access package and spent an extra $9.99 on 2 extra character slots. I must admit, this game is much more enjoyable on the PS4 and big screen than it was for me on the PC. Based on the PC version, I almost skipped the game entirely but thought I would give it a shot on the console. not a knock against the PC version, I just seem to enjoy the PS4 game play more.
  • Options

Fun game, my only complaint is I wish there were other ways to get those trade bars for fashion outfits apart from lockboxes, I personally wouldn't mind spending a few € on the outfits themselves but trying to save up via trade bars is far too costly for me.

They usually end up in the trade house pretty cheap for about a 100k or so....
  • Options
    cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User

I'm loving it! The Xbox version is so bad. The lag was so terrible. Half of protectors enclave wouldn't load properly when you logged in. Your mount would never load properly. The wife and I would disconnect constantly. We would get trapped in dungeons because we were unable to interact with exit.

do not forget the game is not 'free to play' for all yet, I would suspect it will get worse with the influx of people to come soon but hopefully not as bad as Xbox has become. Will be interesting to see tho.

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
  • Options
    the rendering software for ps4 is way more powerful than xbox. I suspect it's never going to be as bad as xbox. even in a low density instance the frame drop was abysmal on xbox. it's gorgeous on ps4
  • Options
    I seriously doubt the PS4 will really suffer when the flux of newcomers start to flow. The PS4 is far superior to Xbox in terms online playability from my experience. The Xbox UPNP is a facade :smile:
  • Options
    chaoticblazerchaoticblazer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    What I dislike so far
    - 2 character slots is a bit light to start with for those who paid for the 1 week access *shrug* but for "free" it is fine.
    - Performance while in the main city is pretty bad at times. God only knows what it is going to be like after this Tuesday ^_^
    - Can't figure out a way to make the in-gamer timer my time zone

What I Like so far
    - Combat is very satisfying
    - Dungeons / Skirmishes are very casual friendly (having played MMO's like FF14 where DPS classes sometimes had 40 min queue times, even during prime time)
    - There is a lot to do... almost too much it seems. Overwhelming but it is a good thing
    - LOOT! Loot! more loot! Sure most of it is just total junk for the vendor but it is satisfying killing a mob of enemies and it all explodes with loot to pick up everywhere. (I love diablo can you tell?)
  • Options
    animereaper40#6124 animereaper40 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    only time wil tell love the game but be perpared on the 19th may see alot of lag or not there are a few bugs but over all love it cant wait because the queue system right now i slow

IGN:Jekyll-GF-il 1890
    IGN:Echo-GWF-il:2570(main)
    IGN:Jenkins:DC-buff/debuff-il 2020
    IGN:Ham Solo-OP Tank-il 1850
    IGN:Barney Fife-HR
  • Options
    shyguyglasshyguyglas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    I think I am in love lol
  • Options
    ultima#6175 ultima Member Posts: 22 Arc User
    500,000 to upgrade a companion to uncommon or epic?????
  • Options

500,000 to upgrade a companion to uncommon or epic?????

You can use upgrade tokens that you "sometimes" earn from lock boxes

• Options
    from the newer lockboxes you always get at least 2 upgrade tokens from the companion augmentation boxes

• Options
    zakmo86#6447 zakmo86 Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    At first, wasn't loving it. All the different currencies and very limited bag space was frustrating me. My only other real MMO experience has been with the "ancient parchment online," so I came in with completely different expectations. But my main is a level 32 SW and I just started a CW who's at level 8. Something clicked the last time I was on and I'm starting to get it I think. I'm visiting a friend and jonesing for a quest and wondering if I'm going to make it home in time to pray.
  • Options

At first, wasn't loving it. All the different currencies and very limited bag space was frustrating me. My only other real MMO experience has been with the "ancient parchment online," so I came in with completely different expectations. But my main is a level 32 SW and I just started a CW who's at level 8. Something clicked the last time I was on and I'm starting to get it I think. I'm visiting a friend and jonesing for a quest and wondering if I'm going to make it home in time to pray.

I hated this game when it launched on Xbox. I made it to the Sleeping Dragon bridge and said "nope!" I came back about 2 weeks later and made a Control Wizard and Scourge Warlock and I was hooked on it ever since. I do share your gripe with item space limitations. I'm used to playing RPGs and not having to worry about item storage. I've dealt with it by making an alt character and using it as extra space because I find paying 1600 Zen for extra space is ridiculous

• Options
    edited July 2016
    there are so many ways to compensate. the dragonborn pack comes with a large back so if you have that every alt you open comes with a bag. i had nine toons on xbox and they were all storage vaults. they also all had bank slots. then you have the mailbox system that you can use as storage. even without dragonborn you can win bags in tiamat. ( i had some luck there) and there are a few bags you can earn in game in the quests. you just have to drag your alts thru the quests that drop bags. learning what you need and don't need also helps. this game drops a lot of garbage that you don't really want.

as a side note I did see the stuttering in protectors enclave today. I also got kicked out of the game about 8 times so much so I was wondering if they were getting ddosed. (the game still runs better than xbox though. LOL. I went back to xbox to collect my key today and man.. it's just painful.)
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    krazeedd said:

2 Character slots is a bummer. Paying for early access should have come with at least 1 or 2 more slots. With all these races and classes....2 slots?

Than early access cost would not be $20 considering Dragonborn race by itself is around $50 just for the race.

IMO there should have been various levels of early access packs and as you went up in pricing you got more.

For example there should have been a Ultimate Early Access Pack that included all races, 3 month VIP, the standard pack, additional Lockbox keys, gear that leveled with you up to level 70, a few other bells and whistle. The Ultimate pack would have been a 50% off savings compared to normal package pricing and would be only available the first week, this way it entices many to buy it.
  • Options
    drathmor#2709 drathmor Member Posts: 113 Arc User
    so far loving the game as super glad I waited and didn't play it on xbox.. I am a lvl 31 OP devotion currently and thinks its a great class not the highest damage but I am normally near the top while also taking the most damage in and keeping my team alive with the most heals as i have yet to run into a DC in game i am always the only one ever healing i have meet yet..

storage space is the biggest drawback as ive had to spend a lot of real world money to get storage space how they add better ways to ear them in game later
  • Options
    chiefcham#2722 chiefcham Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    This is exactly the game I was looking for (so far, we'll see after lvl 70). But, really this has plenty of solo stuff and you can do it as a group as well and this is only the surface. Was a big D&D fan in my teen years, great to see a game modeled after it. Did I say I think this game if frickin awesome.

I see infinite hours of game play for me.

Main: ChiefRogue
    (Trickster Rogue)

Alt: ChiefWarlock
    (Scourge Warlock)
  • Options
    mebengalsfan#9264 mebengalsfan Member Posts: 3,169 Arc User
    Well this game has sucked me into it very quickly. The reason being is the D&D Forgotten Realm Lore, Neverwinter as the main location, Minsc, D&D as a MMO on the PS4, decent graphics, etc...

This is the game I have been waiting for on PS4, well it was Dragon Age but Inquisition did ok but was not epic in any way or form, it was good and the best part of that game was the last DLC and it was a cliff hanger, now Bioware has to create another great game, but when.

I like MMO and working with groups. I like playing the non-damage roles the most, and most importantly I like having variety in how I can play my character. This game has all the things I look for in a game and the best part for me was the lore this game has.

At level 41 I can state the game is a solid 8 out 10. Dungeons and Skimirshes are quick and mechanics seem straight forward. I know I'm not at end game yet and working towards it. Hopefully there is not too much variations from what I have seen thus far.

I will be playing alts, eventually, but for now I will continue to work on my DC main and will eventually get to HR, SW, and OP alts.
  • Options
    paulooch2kpaulooch2k Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Dipped my toe in the water and leveled to 20-ish on PC. It was fun, but felt the heavy action-oriented gameplay would be nicer on console. Tried xb1 version - wow, it was bad. Deleted 2 hours in. Overjoyed when I heard it was coming to ps4. Running great on PS4, usual lag in city but good framerates overall. Fingers crossed for a smooth Day 1!!!

May go back to or dable between PC and PS4. Neverwinter looks much more amazing on my dual SLI laptop and desktop. Hehe. ;)
  • Options
    I would like to say, With your first run through take it easy and enjoy the game, the story and look everywhere to try and find everything. it is actually a really fun and enjoyable first play through. When you then hit 70 its a like whole new game with better rewards/dungeons and a greater new experience.

Do it 4+ more times and it gets a chore tho lol