test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

HR,SW,GF Changes

Was this just to revamp "change" some core things and then buff/change unnecessary things? I feel like they could of changed feats and added a lot more to certain paths instead of "now has an increased range of '1" Seriously will we see some feat changes for these classes, because I have wanted to create an Archery HR thinking that would the way to DPS as an HR. I spoke to SW's and a lot of them are upset with the changes. IMO they just corrected what was broken. What do you guys think? You think they could of changed a lot of the BIGGER issues with these? You guys think they will at a later date?
Proteus
Guardian Fighter
TLO
https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/comment/12984912m
Feat Changes I'd like to see in The Guardian Fighter

Comments

• ironzerg79ironzerg79 Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,942 Arc User
    I think you need to get onto the preview server and actually start testing stuff. Too many people just read the notes and comment, or make posts based on what they heard from another person...who most likely didn't actually test anything either.

Go get some first hand experience with the changes, then come back with an informed opinion.
    "Meanwhile in the moderator's lounge..."
    i7TZDZK.gif?1
  • theguiidotheguiido Member Posts: 467 Arc User
    edited July 2016

I think you need to get onto the preview server and actually start testing stuff. Too many people just read the notes and comment, or make posts based on what they heard from another person...who most likely didn't actually test anything either.

Go get some first hand experience with the changes, then come back with an informed opinion.

It's very clear to me that if the developers did not address issues in the patch notes in the class that people have been playing for a long time, it turns into a longstanding issue. Not to single you out or anything @ironzerg79 these aren't assumptions of classes. A simple visit to the bug section and comparison to the preview patch notes will tell and show you exactly what I am talking about. Issues still in the class not changed in the preview patch notes. And for your information I did test these abilities out for my own class, the Guardian Fighter. Not HR or SW As I do not play either of those classes anymore. I have left very concise and informative feedback as well as bugs for my class.

http://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1218456/official-feedb?sso=eyJ1bmlxdWVpZCI6IjExMTMwOTk5MCIsIm5hbWUiOiJ0aGVndWlpZG8iLCJlbWFpbCI6Impha2VwcmFndWVAZ21haWwuY29tIiwicGhvdG91cmwiOiJodHRwOlwvXC9pbWFnZXMtY2RuLnBlcmZlY3R3b3JsZC5jb21cL2FyY1wvZDVcL2ViXC9kNWViNDg0MmRkYTIxNDJlNDJkYTM0MjQ5YjY0ZGM0MTE0Njg2NjQ1NjAuanBnIiwicm9sZXMiOiJNZW1iZXIiLCJjbGllbnRfaWQiOiIxNDQzOTY4OTgxIn0=+efafdeb316f55bcc0b8da250f233eba377a632ca+1468676025+hmacsha1

It would be wise of you not to assume things like that next time.

Also wanted to mention, this thread was so I can see how people feel on the changes (assuming the people did do some research and testing with their class) I want to know their opinions, not here to flame or start an argument.
    Post edited by theguiido on
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO
    https://www.arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter/#/discussion/1221446/the-future-of-the-gf/p1 Existing Problems Still In The Guardian Fighter

• wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    after the nerf of GF, people still asking to nerf Gf more, they want only their class to stand tall in pvp,
    I hope they also touch other class soon like TR and CW. CW is too tanky with a shield and make them more tankier from self healing and lifesteal, while TR can 1shot you full health.

im not sure if i will still make my gf main or switch to other class, but this changes to GF is too much.

after the nerf of GF, people still asking to nerf Gf more, they want only their class to stand tall in pvp,
    I hope they also touch other class soon like TR and CW. CW is too tanky with a shield and make them more tankier from self healing and lifesteal, while TR can 1shot you full health.

im not sure if i will still make my gf main or switch to other class, but this changes to GF is too much.

This is the feedback I love to hear. Many people agree with you, including me. In some cases if you look at for example, aggravating strike, they increased the range by a foot. Lol cool dude. A foot! like I said IMO They upgraded powers that didn't need to be upgraded and really downgraded powers that didn't need to be downgraded. With Anvil of Doom like I said on the Official Feedback link to the GF, Make it so when below 50% you don't do a DoT of Full damage over 5 seconds, make it so it's just a straight full damage, with ITF make it so it's a 50% Damage buff at max increase the temp HP tremendously, and run speed by 3' instead of 2' everytime, this would make it more viable and maybe perhaps not make all the GF's quit like they are now. This would also put us with the Paladins Equal, Templars Wrath. Villains Menace, they nerfed a skill that didn't even work in the first place. They reduced the time on it but the cast time is still too long, and you aren't fully immune to CC.

They didn't work on the Tactician Tree, Protector Tree, and they did't even work on the Conquerer tree to make things viable with the nerf to Fray. Especially Tactician Tree. They minorly changed powers and skills to make it seem like they did something, but the big changes were Villains Menace, ITF, and Anvil of Doom. 2 of which didn't even work 60% of the time.

Just like haste on the cleric, they went overkill. They didn't need to do the things they did, and I would be very happy if they focused on buffing the feats and adding a lot more things now after this nerf to the GF, instead of focusing on listening to a kids crying nerfs all day, because currently, we are nothing more than a handicap little brother to the OP, and thats not good when we are supposed to be the main tanking class. So hopefully they listen to us and buff some feats and more powers and add additional benefits to feats.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• gabrieldourdengabrieldourden Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,212 Arc User
    SW: they changed what was broken and that's good. I'd like to see more love for temptation and hellbringer tough. Temptation is still way behind a DC and Hellbringer still way behind Soulbinder.

GF: I don't play one, but talking to several guildies it seems everybody is gonna spec protector if things stay like on preview now, possibly with some dips into other trees. Tactician is pretty much dead according to what I heard.

HR: Trapper is still the best one by far and still way behind a GWF. Lots to do there.
    Le-Shan: HR level 80 (main)
    Born of Black Wind: SW Level 80
    edited July 2016
    macjae said:

theguiido said:

when we are supposed to be the main tanking class.

I find it a bit contradictory how you talk about being the "main tanking class," but then mainly complain about changes to damage.
    theguiido said:

With Anvil of Doom like I said on the Official Feedback link to the GF, Make it so when below 50% you don't do a DoT of Full damage over 5 seconds

theguiido said:

with ITF make it so it's a 50% Damage buff at max increase the temp HP tremendously, and run speed by 3' instead of 2' everytime, this would make it more viable

That's not "viable." That's overpowered. At the current boost they set around 30-35%, ITF is still extremely strong. It's an encounter that's worth far more than an encounter in terms of damage output, because it multiplies with the effect of all the encounters, dailies and at-wills the party uses during its uptime. In fact, ITF still won't be replaced on the GF's bar in any dungeon run, and it will still get mileage in PvP. It's still, as you put it, viable. It's just not going to stratospheric levels anymore with particular power combinations and builds.
    No. Every class should and have a finisher. Anvil of Doom shouldn't be double damage, but it should be full damage again in a single blow not a DoT below 50%, every class has a finisher or a combo they do to kill an enemy and this should remain ours. And seriously a bit hypocritical coming from you considering 2/3 of your characters is a TR and OP which is by far one of the most if not still the most broken classes in this game now for PvP. OP shouldn't even have the privilege to queue dom. And I can't wait for the TR dunk to be completely obsolete. 50% it would still be a nerf from 80% it's not being OP it's called being on par. Read my official post on the GF thread about how I am not just complaining about the numerous bugs of this class, not just the DPS. You will see I have also complained about the Tac tree and Prot tree, even parts for the DPS tree. I only talked about these parts of the GF because these are what got hit hard the most. If you played a GF (which you probably haven't clearly) you would know this.

And yeah your right, it won't be replaced in any dungeon runs, because the GF will be obsolete compared to the OP in terms of tanking. Once paladins threat issue is addressed and fixed, we will be the handicap little brother to the OP as of MOD 10.

Some of the things you say seem you have no knowledge of considering I don't even think you play the GF.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

edited July 2016

SW: they changed what was broken and that's good. I'd like to see more love for temptation and hellbringer tough. Temptation is still way behind a DC and Hellbringer still way behind Soulbinder.

GF: I don't play one, but talking to several guildies it seems everybody is gonna spec protector if things stay like on preview now, possibly with some dips into other trees. Tactician is pretty much dead according to what I heard.

HR: Trapper is still the best one by far and still way behind a GWF. Lots to do there.

Yeah I was reading about that. I really was expecting a buff to the Archery path, but I have no idea thats not the class I tested out. I guess were gunna have to wait for the live patch notes when MOD 10 is released. Thanks for the cool feedback though.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

edited July 2016
    macjae said:

theguiido said:

And seriously a bit hypocritical coming from you considering one of your characters is a TR and OP which is by far one of the most if not still the most broken classes in this game now for PvP.

You must be confusing me with someone else, because my three PvP toons are CW, GF and SW, all around 4k IL.

I would never even touch something as vile, fun-leeching and boring as OP, and I completely agree that TR is overpowered in PvP too, and needs adjustments of its own -- primarily a readjustment from defensive capability to offensive.
    Just looking under your signature, looked at your characters. Sorry for the assumption.

I cannot wait for other classes to get changes.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    theguiido said:

macjae said:

theguiido said:

I find it a bit contradictory how you talk about being the "main tanking class," but then mainly complain about changes to damage.
    theguiido said:

With Anvil of Doom like I said on the Official Feedback link to the GF, Make it so when below 50% you don't do a DoT of Full damage over 5 seconds

theguiido said:

with ITF make it so it's a 50% Damage buff at max increase the temp HP tremendously, and run speed by 3' instead of 2' everytime, this would make it more viable

That's not "viable." That's overpowered. At the current boost they set around 30-35%, ITF is still extremely strong. It's an encounter that's worth far more than an encounter in terms of damage output, because it multiplies with the effect of all the encounters, dailies and at-wills the party uses during its uptime. In fact, ITF still won't be replaced on the GF's bar in any dungeon run, and it will still get mileage in PvP. It's still, as you put it, viable. It's just not going to stratospheric levels anymore with particular power combinations and builds.
    ..., every class has a finisher or a combo they do to kill an enemy ..
    Warlocks finisher? Killing flame = 10-50k -->only happens when target is near dead... warlock got no finisher imo
    a striker class without finisher

GF´s finisher? KC + ITF + crescendo + Bullcharge/anvil/griffins wrath..you may even take at will´s dealing 50k plus against some classes
    a tank with "a lot" of finisher

theguiido said:

macjae said:

theguiido said:

theguiido said:

theguiido said:

Warlocks finisher? Killing flame = 10-50k -->only happens when target is near dead... warlock got no finisher imo

GF´s finisher? KC + ITF + crescendo + Bullcharge/anvil/griffins wrath..you may even take at will´s dealing 50k plus against some classes
    Nice observation but no. You are very wrong. We only have one finisher, and one main finisher only. Anvil of Doom. Everything else like our encounters like GW that you have mentioned help, but are not a finishing move like Anvil. KC is such a general statement from people that don't know what they are talking about. No one actually uses that. The rest of the things you listed like griffons wrath are not finishers. At all.

And yes I agree, say that on the SW thread. Though, don't think SW's are at an under advantage. Especially with the next mod.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

• schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    theguiido said:

theguiido said:

macjae said:

theguiido said:

theguiido said:

theguiido said:

Nice observation but no. You are very wrong. We only have one finisher, and one main finisher only. Anvil of Doom. Everything else like our encounters like GW that you have mentioned help, but are not a finishing move like Anvil. KC is such a general statement from people that don't know what they are talking about. No one actually uses that. The rest of the things you listed like griffons wrath are not finishers. At all.

And yes I agree, say that on the SW thread. Though, don't think SW's are at an under advantage. Especially with the next mod.
    nice observation yourself, but wrong yourself imo

The fact that anvil is the most common encounter to deal big numbers and the fact that it´s designed for finishing doesn´t tell anything about the option you got in PVP to kill or "finish" another class.
    I saw a GF onecycling an geared OP with KC+griffin wrath, you even can take staggering challenge to buff those two powers.
    I saw tons of player being killed by ITF->Crescendo->Bullcharge
    Even in mod 8 you could experience GF´s using at will dealing 50k+damage on an opponent.
    Riu posted lot´s of testings, actually facing Icy on Preview, who is running a 4k+ BIS GWF and is top performing in PVP.
    If he writes about the "cycle of death" from GF still working in mod 10, stomping a BIS GWF in seconds I would trust his words.
    Wheel+Villain´s Menace+Knight challenge+ITF will stay a deadly combination of buffs.
    Since you do no PVP it´s hard to argue about a Class referring to PVE (you) and PVP (me)
  • krondhorkrondhor Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 150 Arc User

theguiido said:

macjae said:

theguiido said:

theguiido said:

theguiido said:

Every class has a finisher? the HR has no finisher at all and is as well a Striker class, so tell me about it.
    GRAVITY X GAME
  • icyphishicyphish Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,255 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Yes GF has been nerfed! Ryu's fire wheel+KC+bull charge used to hit me for 210-230k+70-80k fire dmg. On preview server it now only hits for about 180k... hmmm... i guess it maked no difference since he can always walk to me to anvil after that anyway... :dizzy:

PS: Testes with GWF on 203k HP 8.8k defense 3.75k tenacity and also tested with 165k HP with 16.5k defense and 3.75k tenacity. Both setup gets murdered by either one dailied or one bull charged+daily :O
    icydrake%20avatar2_zpsg7rp0xti.jpg

Author of GWF Speed Demon PvP Build (Mod 11) <- Click to reveal the Speedy Beast! >:)
    edited July 2016
    icyphish said:

Yes GF has been nerfed! Ryu's fire wheel+KC+bull charge used to hit me for 210-230k+70-80k fire dmg. On preview server it now only hits for about 180k... hmmm... i guess it maked no difference since he can always walk to me to anvil after that anyway... :dizzy:

PS: Testes with GWF on 203k HP 8.8k defense 3.75k tenacity and also tested with 165k HP with 16.5k defense and 3.75k tenacity. Both setup gets murdered by either one dailied or one bull charged+daily :O

No real GF would give 2 ***** about KC getting nerfed, just like how no one cares about cleave getting buffed every update. No one really cares. The only people who do are the people who are affected by it, and if it gets nerfed (which it probably won't for the high risk high reward double edged sword factor) no one would care because its a single target, mediocre move that has no place in a serious premade placements.

EDIT: Everyone wants it nerfed, but if it gets nerfed every GF will laugh at that for the fact its such a joke of an encounter. Of course it can help a lot hence what it did to a GWF, but by no means do I expect to ever slot that joke of a move. That also won't stop the real GF's who know what they are doing. Neither will this Nerf.
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO

metalldjt said:

theguiido said:

icyphish said:

No real GF would give 2 ***** about KC getting nerfed, just like how no one cares about cleave getting buffed every update. No one really cares. The only people who do are the people who are affected by it, and if it gets nerfed (which it probably won't for the high risk high reward double edged sword factor) no one would care because its a single target, mediocre move that has no place in a serious premade placements.

EDIT: Everyone wants it nerfed, but if it gets nerfed every GF will laugh at that for the fact its such a joke of an encounter. Of course it can help a lot hence what it did to a GWF, but by no means do I expect to ever slot that joke of a move. That also won't stop the real GF's who know what they are doing. Neither will this Nerf.
    so go and tell as a feedback, that it wont be a issue if they are makin it far more less effective in PvP, because every GF will laugh of that "useless" encounter, ok ?
    Enough cry babies have already done that for me (:
    Proteus
    Guardian Fighter
    TLO