test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

DC AND TR

it seems the "best pvp" groups are running a double dc double tr combo because both classes are broken as hell in pvp
Astral Shield needs removed from this game or its pointless to play
Shocking Execution needs removed from this game

you all can troll this thread as much as you want, but its the trolly gimmick that is worse than drains and bugs , pvp isnt even pvp anymore its about CC's and who can distract the healers long enough to cap the other points

make pvp fun again and take them 2 skills out of the game , so much less complaints on the forums if done this way ,people will try to find something to HAMSTER about like gf but at least they aint immortal

Comments

• Options
    trentbail21trentbail21 Member Posts: 433 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

wont the game be more fun if SW,HR,CW and GWF can deal the same ammount of damage as GFs and TRs do ?
    then you wont have to complain about astral shield shield anymore.

I shutter to think about an HR that can even match a GWF's damage... let alot match a TR.. might give me nightmares lol
    Find me in game if you want and send me a domination/ gaunt invite. If you are good and im not busy ill play with you. Im not an elitist ill play with almost anyone.
  • Options
    wachumpongwachumpong Member Posts: 118 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

wont the game be more fun if SW,HR,CW and GWF can deal the same ammount of damage as GFs and TRs do ?

i agree with a little boost on hr and sw, but cw and gwf really? try to pvp alot you can see what i mean. have you try to do premade vs premade and 0 kills only cap? you guys are so bias.

• Options
    putzboy78putzboy78 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,950 Arc User
    What do you propose otherwise. TRs are one trick ponies, without shocking they got no game. DC's have no cc immunity in a pvp that is entirely about cc. Their only prayer is hiding in their yellow circle and hoping it lasts longer than the cc. Far to many posts stating what needs to go and nothing ever suggests what to put in its place or how to keep the class relevant.

Far easier to point at a fire than it is to find the extinguisher and use it.
  • Options
    pando83pando83 Member Posts: 2,564 Arc User
    TRs need a rebalance in powers just because the mechanics and playstyle in PvP are currently wrong. They are not really "overpowered". It's just that non sane player can accept a playstyle based on a build that either one-shots enemies with a piercing daily or can spam that daily every few seconds. Lol.

I lately got hit by a bis GF for 180k Bull charge, through 3k tenacity. Bull charge.

GWFs hit very very hard too, but they can't really oneshot an enemy out of the blue like the above classes. I can face a BiS GWF like Saber. I did it, and we battled on a point for 5 good minutes. But when i meet a BiS TR o GF the result is the above. Shocking Execution "win button" or "spam", and insane burst kills (have to admit, it was a surprise when i got hit by the 180k Bull Charge. I was used to GFs one-rotations, but not to "one-shots").

This said, both TR and GF are not "overpowered" since they have some weak points. It's more correct to say that they have the most broken offensive mechanics, perhaps.

Or, in exchange, if these classes are going to stay this way, the devs should give SWs and GWFs a shift mechanic with unpierceable DR, and at least 50% DR instead of 30%. Cause shift defensive feature is currently...hummm...useless?
  • Options
    sirrapprosirrappro Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    I honestly don't see anything wrong or op with trs accept first strike tbh. I'm only a 3.2 gwf and haven't lost to a tr in a 1v1 in over a month. We usually fight the whole match, get interrupted or I get the kill.
  • Options
    userutf8userutf8 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 270 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

morenthar said:

@putzboy78

Totally agree with your entire post, by the way.

Wanting to wreck a class goes against anything any respectable gamer would ever believe

theres a possibility that TR will get their SE nerfed at some point.

they are problably goin to buff the not so used powers and nerf the most used ones ^^
    ex: HR ^^
    they have a graph with every class and their power usage.
    lel
    yeah, they should definitely buff deft strike, path of the blade and blitz. Ah, totally forgot, they should buff bite and switch, so dummy deals like 2k damage (pre-mitigated) per second to attacker (aka robotized dummy or just a plain HAMSTER :D) Probably the "inner TRs" of cryptic would love that.

ABSOLUTE
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

lol yeah please buff gwf damage
  • Options
    bluangelukbluangeluk Member Posts: 67 Arc User

it seems the "best pvp" groups are running a double dc double tr combo because both classes are broken as hell in pvp
    Astral Shield needs removed from this game or its pointless to play
    Shocking Execution needs removed from this game

you all can troll this thread as much as you want, but its the trolly gimmick that is worse than drains and bugs , pvp isnt even pvp anymore its about CC's and who can distract the healers long enough to cap the other points

make pvp fun again and take them 2 skills out of the game , so much less complaints on the forums if done this way ,people will try to find something to **** about like gf but at least they aint immortal

You wish to see DC's without Astral Shield... what are you going to give the class instead?

We are on the verge of being un-needed for heals, due to the massive increase in healing to all classes via insignias etc. Plus pvp matches are so quick these days, it's mostly about cc, capping nodes and not killing.
    We 'mostly' don't deal damage though you get the odd damage focused DC running around.
    The only thing we are good for is buffs and there are some of us that build to tank, mooting out a node vs another player... in which case, if we are 1v1 against a GF that can do insane damage.. I want that Astral Shield.

The DC class is really boring at the moment. We are tough to kill, with end game players being nigh on impossible. But what else is there for us to do? Except to buff and throw down astral shield?

As for Shocking Execution. I don't think it should be removed from the game though at the moment it does seem a little excessive at times. I think perhaps there should be a requirement on it's use. For example; If the target it below 50% HP, it should out right kill the target, if not... it does less damage. Similar to GF's Anvil of Doom. People should have the chance to fight a TR, not be shocked out of no where with no clue where the damage is coming from.

However, I can sympathize with TR's that do go down the crazy damage SE route. TR's I feel, have no other option, THEY ABSOLUTELY need their encounter power damage increased, they are limited to either CC spamming - smoke bomb/courage breaker or can do little all else but set themselves up for a shocking.

Addressing the original post, you complain about pvp being all about CC, yet you wish to take out the only thing TRs have that isn't CC. How would that help towards balancing the PVP aspect of Neverwinter?
    "Here's a circle... I'm not sure it's a real circle, so don't trust it too much!" Idril (AoGlyph)
    9abea38.png
  • Options
    puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    + On the "one trick pony" Comments - And personally that one trick get's dodged quite often. Don't get me wrong, if I was on the receiving end I'd imagine I would "perceive" this as OP.

+ to all contributors - one of the better and more honest discussions I have seen on this board.
  • Options
    divot#6521 divot Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    edited July 2016

As for Shocking Execution. I don't think it should be removed from the game

Go and make a GWF or SW, fight a TR, and see if it's not overpowered that a invisible player deal 180k un-dodgeable, unresistible damage, it's fine if your class have dodge, because if you have elven battle, he hardly can land a SE, because he need to stun and throw it, but for those classes, theres no way to avoid damage.
  • Options
    puravidacrpuravidacr Member Posts: 65 Arc User
    IMO - SE is fine - If looking to Re-balance take a look at maybe reducing FS and bumping some encounter DMG to make other builds more effective. The "One trick Ponie" looks OP when get nailed by it but hardly overall effective or fun to play for long
  • Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User
    putzboy78 said:

What do you propose otherwise. TRs are one trick ponies, without shocking they got no game. DC's have no cc immunity in a pvp that is entirely about cc. Their only prayer is hiding in their yellow circle and hoping it lasts longer than the cc. Far to many posts stating what needs to go and nothing ever suggests what to put in its place or how to keep the class relevant.

Far easier to point at a fire than it is to find the extinguisher and use it.

Agreed. I haven't played my TR since mod 6 hit but from what I understand SE is one of the few ways TR's can actually do decent damage in PvP, broken? Maybe but it's all they have.

• Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Haven't you fought against good whisper knife? No SE, but very deadly in pvp.
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    You want to get rid of shocking execution?

Then give tr passive backstabbing that gives x2.5 damage (piercing damage that cannot be absorbed to all attacks from behind enemies) per point in the feat.
    Max x10 damage at rank 4

End of story
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    There is at least 1 WK among top TR's and have alt wk tr and for me it works better than mi.
    My main is sw and i prefer to play with it, even when sw's currently are having really hard times in pvp.
    TR alt is just a therapy character for me, so i can always choose that easy road if playing sw get's too annoying.
  • Options
    bvirabvira Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 385 Arc User
    DC's astral shield (empowered) is pretty strong but there are many effective ways to counter it; CW can repel you out of shield, GF can bullcharge you out of shield and 1 rotation you, TR's shocking ignores it, GWF can daily you out of shield and DC is generally quite vulnerable when caught out of shield. And playing as an ungeared DC in PvP w/o AS is suicide basically.

It's funny how they nerfed 1-shot SE in mod 4 and brought it back again. I would say that it's unfair against GWF and SW because of the lack of dodge mechanics. However, for other classes with elven, you can easily dodge it in most situations.

I don't mind TR or GF (or any other classes for that matter) doing insane burst damage, but they shouldn't be able to do so with insane survivability at the same time. Healing depression just isn't enough when there are so many sources of self-heal right now. At least disable insignia bonuses in PvP ffs.