test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

No servers. But it's 12.30pm July 12th

Game says servers are up on the 12th but it's nearly halfway through the day and still nothing. From Nz.

Comments

• tempos#4626 tempos Member Posts: 45 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm pretty sure (90+%) they are using US West date/time for the actual release date. Earliest I believe the PSN store will have the download I think is 9am on 7/12 PST so I think that's 4am your time on 7/13 NZT.
  • orunitororunitor Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Game was available to download for us 14hours ago and our psn store said it was released.
    orunitor said:

Game was available to download for us 14hours ago and our psn store said it was released.

Understood, unfortunately I saw a post by Sturmslinger (sp?) about the servers not being up until 8am PST so 3am for you folks. :(

At least you got to pre-download and install before the servers go live. I still have to wait to purchase and download the early-release pack.
    Ah that's so annoying. Why then did they put the release date as the 12th for us then when it's not actually going to be until the 13th?
    I can imagine. You have to remember we US blokes often forget about the international date line when it comes to release dates in the rush to promote our own hype. ;)

Woo 'murica! /s (I love my country, but everyone earns a facepalm now and again)

Chock it up to a marketing/PR snafu. I've gotten used to always basing everything these days off PST for releases (due to so much west coast game development), unless I see something from the developers to state otherwise. Even then the majority of the time it will us US based, so if not PST, then CST or EST.
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    orunitor said:

Ah that's so annoying. Why then did they put the release date as the 12th for us then when it's not actually going to be until the 13th?

Because PWE and Cryptic are both in California, not NZ, so for them it is the 12th.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

orunitor said:

Because PWE and Cryptic are both in California, not NZ, so for them it is the 12th.
    11th, actually, as of the time of this post (9:20 PM PDT)

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • ceissadesisteceissadesiste Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Just downloaded my headstart and the news on the login screen states the servers will be available at 8AM PDT. I'm in the US
    CeissaDesiste
    News Editor and Reviewer @ www.anjelsyndicate.org
  • cabledog31lcabledog31l Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    What? How did you buy the Onyx pack let alone download the game? I searched the store and only items currently available are Zen Packs.
  • skylark#4413 skylark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    Yeah, what's the deal? How come some people are getting it early and some of us aren't?
    edited July 2016
    "Because PWE and Cryptic are both in California, not NZ, so for them it is the 12th"

OK so the game on USA psn store says 12th right. Now obviously I'm sure the devs know that Australia and new Zealand are not apart of the USA. So in saying that why would they also give us the release date of the 12th when they know that we are a day ahead of them, and also the aus/nz psn store is also different from the USA psn store and they also would have known when adding it then to the systems that the release date would be in our time not USA time.

Note the game released for us today on the NZ psn store. Meaning the devs had to put into the NZ psn the NZ RELEASE time and date of the 12th which makes it the 11th USA date. they knew this. They also knew that it wouldn't come out to us u till the 13th. So my question is why says the 12th for us (11th for usa) when they know the actual release date for our psn store is the 13th?
  • herrig#7185 herrig Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Just bought onyx pack and i live in Sweden and all i can its extremly bad support or info on anything bad start i can say.
  • conqueror#8887 conqueror Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    U.S. here and still no option anywhere to download the Starter pack. I looked everywhere, and see the other add-ons. But not the $20 onyx starter pack. (only the fashion pack)

for the ones that have it already, can you explain 'exactly' where it was located so that u could download it? I tried typing in and searching everything. pathetic that they'd have nothing specific about this release, I know people that stayed up all night...all for nothing.
    I found it under new releases. It just showed neverwinter for $$$ whatever your currency is.
  • conqueror#8887 conqueror Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    It's still not showing up for me on the east coast of U.S.

can I get others saying the same, so I don't go crazy here? when everybody's quiet, that gives me the sense they already downloaded it. I STILL can't find the FRIGGIN download.
  • kapr1111#6596 kapr1111 Member Posts: 60 Arc User

It's still not showing up for me on the east coast of U.S.

can I get others saying the same, so I don't go crazy here? when everybody's quiet, that gives me the sense they already downloaded it. I STILL can't find the FRIGGIN download.

Don't worry, I'm on the east coast and I can't find it either
  • spoons#6157 spoons Member Posts: 8 New User
    im up in canada and its still not there either. bleh would be cool to have some news from an admin or something at some point?
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    Server is up! If anyone is not seeing the Onyx Head Start pack in the store, please let me or another moderator know!
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

Server is up! If anyone is not seeing the Onyx Head Start pack in the store, please let me or another moderator know!

Raises hand. Only "onyx" is fashion pack.
    zephyriah said:

kreatyve said:

"Onyx Head Start Pack" is what you need to buy in order to play this week.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • zephyriahzephyriah Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,980 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

zephyriah said:

kreatyve said:

"Onyx Head Start Pack" is what you need to buy in order to play this week.
    Correct, you asked who does not see the head start pack in store. I do not. The only onyx pack in the store is the fashion pack. Western US.
  • coolit8coolit8 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I don't see it ???
  • dagimpdagimp Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    It is not visible to me.
    Ok, it appears I was mistaken - it's the Neverwinter Early Access Pack that you will need to buy. If it's not available, please check back, it should be available at some point in the next 3 hours.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • chandriao3chandriao3 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    It downloading for me
  • zinnia#6379 zinnia Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Nothing here in PA either
  • madmartigan#0643 madmartigan Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    The Neverwinter Early Access pack doesn't give any description and the trailer attached to it is in a foreign language. Are we sure this is right?
  • robzobrobzob Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    PSN under maintenance now in NA
  • kapr1111#6596 kapr1111 Member Posts: 60 Arc User
    robzob said:

PSN under maintenance now in NA

That's what it said for me as well when I purchased it. Head back and you can download it. Chances are the purchase went through already (mine did)
    edited July 2016
    I can't even get in the store. Way to go Cryptic & Sony!

This is why we do pre-downloads... :|