test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

So PS4 dudes. what's your first Character going to be?

I'm going to make a Warlock. have not decided on Half-Elf or Half-Orc.

Comments

• oliboypholiboyph Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 627 Arc User
    jmadfour said:

I'm going to make a Warlock. have not decided on Half-Elf or Half-Orc.

Get the dragonborn if you can afford it. It looks much cooler :smile: for that class.
    "As the good archmage often admonishes me, I ought not to let my mind wander, as it's too small to go off by itself." -Danilo Thann[/quote]
  • seven6fiveseven6five Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Buff/Debuff DC...Nobody wants to play support...rarely...and it's frustrating when you run into someone that doesn't know how to play it...
  • skylark#4413 skylark Member Posts: 21 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I have a male Half-Elf GWF and a female Moon Elf (though privately wishing she was an Avariel) Control Wizard ready for launch.

...and then I'm going to buy a truckload of character slots. :)
  • rebbrebb Member Posts: 12 Arc User
    devotion paladin and probably a DC as well :)
  • tripledvine#4306 tripledvine Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Hunter Ranger. Going to drop the $20 and getting started next week.
  • dougyfresh#3824 dougyfresh Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Leaning towards a tiefling CW at this point. Also considering cleric and GWF but I think CW will win my first spot
  • zarchaun41zarchaun41 Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    Sword master for me.
  • animereaper40#6124 animereaper40 Member Posts: 167 Arc User
    most likley pvp gf

IGN:Jekyll-GF-il 1890
    IGN:Echo-GWF-il:2570(main)
    IGN:Jenkins:DC-buff/debuff-il 2020
    IGN:Ham Solo-OP Tank-il 1850
    IGN:Barney Fife-HR
  • jaymadiv#8056 jaymadiv Member Posts: 423 Arc User
    I'm actually considering a Tank Paladin now as well.
  • sturussturus Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Well I will be leveling twins. One paladin tank and the other a paladin healer. Trading off after each zone
  • severanhaseveranha Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    Most probably 4 tank paladins, solid solo leveling :)
  • deadcellraamdeadcellraam Member Posts: 49 Arc User
    Devotion Paladin: So I can support the wife and randoms in dungeon runs
    Scourge Warlock & Control Wizard: Because I like them.
  • thefiresidecatthefiresidecat Member Posts: 4,486 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    I'm coming over from xbox. I'm also buying early entry. I know the hr class fairly well so I'm probably going to stick with an hr as my first character on ps4. my second will be a righteous dc. I"ll also be acquiring the dragonborn race asap. it's a solidly useful race. not the prettiest ever but the attributes are the best imo.
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    Some advise from long time PC player. If game mechanic is same or at least similar to PC version, I would recommend starting with Control Wizard. This class is easiest to go through game quests, and provides most fun doing it.
    Your second char should be something useful in parties - like Guardian Fighter or Devoted cleric. At end game (lvl70) these classes are most-wanted and really necessary in all multi-player content. Still it is frustrating at times getting those 2 to max level and do solo consent, as they do little damage. Also (at least on PC) most of DC skills requite manual targeting. I can't imagine how this is done with controller, but I am sure it won't be as easy as it is with mouse.

So - CW for most fun. with TR/GWF being 2nd choice. (TR is really nice to play because of the way it moves, but it does 1/2 of GWF/CW damage).
    DC/GF for everyone else to love you :)
    HR,OP and SW are not best choice for beginners. On PC, OP is quite useless now, HR and SW depend on bugs to be useful and some day eventually maybe some of them will be fixed.
    mmm1001 said:

. Also (at least on PC) most of DC skills requite manual targeting. I can't imagine how this is done with controller, but I am sure it won't be as easy as it is with mouse.

yea, however will we poor lowly handicapped Console players manage to move the targetting reticule without a mouse???

the thumbsticks, they do nothing!

• kaizadelmasykaizadelmasy Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Gonna be a Tiefling Trickster Rogue. Tiefling Rogue was what I always played in Neverwinter Nights 2 so I think that's what I'll have my first character be.
  • gjrgamergjrgamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    It probably depends on the number of character slots, but I'm tempted to do Scourge Warlock and probably Trickster Rogue. I like Control Wizard, but if I go with SW then it might be a bit too samey. If we get more than two slots I'll probably add a cleric into the mix and a great weapon fighter.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • shyguyglasshyguyglas Member Posts: 11 Arc User
    Half orc great weapon fighter and so far having a ball smashing through content.
  • gjrgamergjrgamer Member Posts: 100 Arc User
    I'd forgotten how painful early levels were with the Devoted Cleric, but I rolled one anyway! So far in total I've rolled a Scourge Warlock (Menzo Drow) a Cleric (Menzo drow) and a Sun Elf Control Wizard. Got one more slot for another Menzo Drow - probably a Trickster Rogue.
    imageimageimageimageimageimage
  • puno#9946 puno Member Posts: 4 New User
    New player here, wanted to start with Oathbound Paladin, but an earlier poster says they are useless? What is difference between Oathbound Paladin and Guardian Fighter?
    edited July 2016
    puno#9946 said:

New player here, wanted to start with Oathbound Paladin, but an earlier poster says they are useless? What is difference between Oathbound Paladin and Guardian Fighter?

from what I gather, Paladins used to be utterly invincible, to the point of trivializing content. now they don't do that anymore, so they are considered useless. I could be mistaken though.

personally, I am literally swapping back and forth between Warlock and Paladin, trying to decide which to play long-term. leaning towards Warlock though. both seem to be pretty fun in their own way.
  • puno#9946 puno Member Posts: 4 New User
    Thanks for reply, I've always played a tank type character before, which of Paladin subclass is considered the tanky version?
  • cscriv79cscriv79 Member Posts: 398 Arc User
    puno#9946 said:

Thanks for reply, I've always played a tank type character before, which of Paladin subclass is considered the tanky version?

GF is your tank

I am neither here nor there, for I am NevrCene

NevrCene: TR
    Melisandre: SW
    Brienne: GWF

Guild : Mystic Dawn (GH20)
    Oath of Protection is the Tank Paladin.

Oath of Devotion is for healing.
  • happywolfehappywolfe Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Took Hunter Ranger/Drow... Level 9 now and I still can't figure out how to do a melee attack... on the PC it was hit the tab. But what button is it on the PlayStation 4?
    edited July 2016

Took Hunter Ranger/Drow... Level 9 now and I still can't figure out how to do a melee attack... on the PC it was hit the tab. But what button is it on the PlayStation 4?

R1, it should be.

but it doesn't unlock till level 10, I'm pretty sure. that's when my class mechanic unlocked on my Warlock and Paladin.
    I have not seen much in the way of Paladins or Guardian fighters so far...The Xbox was littered with them.
    I think I've settled on my Half-Elf Oath of Protection Paladin of Tymora as my main.

I really like melee combat in this game. Which is funny because in ESO I totally hate Melee, and I play a ranged dps/healer.
    jmadfour said:

I think I've settled on my Half-Elf Oath of Protection Paladin of Tymora as my main.

I really like melee combat in this game. Which is funny because in ESO I totally hate Melee, and I play a ranged dps/healer.

That's my only complaint about ESO, the melee combat is the equivlant of swinging pillows.

• chaoticblazerchaoticblazer Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    I started as a hunter/ranger but switched to a Oathbound Paladin. Loving the paladin!