test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Festival Mounts are BoP this year?

samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
edited July 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I just arrived at the Summer Festival fair grounds and talked to the vendor that sells the Summer Festival mounts... and they all say they are BoP. However, if you look on the AH, and check the Wiki, they are all listed as BoE not BoP.

My partner really wanted to get one for her Moon Elf, but we are still saving up for the Knight of the Feywild pack, is this BoP status working as intended or is it a bug?

We are hoping it is a bug... why would you make these mounts BoP this year when they've been BoE in previous years? :disappointed:
@samaka#2511

Comments

• Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    Mounts from the store have never been BoE. All BoE ones you've seen at auction or in tooltips are won in the event contests or originate from Simril (winter festival) gifts.

Edit: Why exactly can't your partner's Moon Elf get an event mount? As long as she gets her Favor of Sune every day, she can buy one mount, no money required. If you think the event is too short, the third and final week is tracked as different event (Summer Festival's Height) in the sidebar tracker.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    plasticbatplasticbat Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 12,253 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    As far as I know mount from Summer festival "store" was BoP. At least, the one 2 years ago.
    *** The game can read your mind. If you want it, you won't get it. If you don't expect to get it, you will. ***
  • Options
    vteasyvteasy Member Posts: 708 Arc User

Mounts from the store have never been BoE. All BoE ones you've seen at auction or in tooltips are won in the event contests or originate from Simril (winter festival) gifts.

Edit: Why exactly can't your partner's Moon Elf get an event mount? As long as she gets her Favor of Sune every day, she can buy one mount, no money required. If you think the event is too short, the third and final week is tracked as different event (Summer Festival's Height) in the sidebar tracker.

they don't have the moon elf pack yet....
  • Options
    Yes, we don't have our Moon Elves yet.

I was going by information online that says that these mounts were BoE, not BoP. Just to clarify, I don't mean the Zen Market, I mean the vendor in game you buy the mounts for Sune Favor from.

So the Summer Festival mounts have always been BoP, but in the Winter Festival they are BoE? Okay, then I read some bad/misleading information online!

Sorry for the noise, thank you for the information. We will have to wait for the Winter Festival then, as we will have our Moon Elves by then for sure! :)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Ohhh, facepalmz. Of course. (Thanks for not calling me an idiot.)

Not every event mount drops from the winter festival gifts. The water horse and pig do, but the boar and Sunite horse don't. The harder to get BoE mounts are always ridiculously expensive from auction anyway, because the people selling them know they can get away with it.

Be patient and wait for next year for any characters you can't create yet. The mounts aren't going anywhere.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    darthtzarrdarthtzarr Member Posts: 1,003 Arc User
    or make a new toon, get the mount, then save for a race reroll. Horrible "solution" but it may work out better if you don't want to wait for next year.

Signature [WIP] - tyvm John

• Options
    Ooh, hadn't thought of the race reroll idea, but in the end the cost isn't worth the mount really.

We can wait until the winter festival to try for one. I will be getting the Sunite Steed for my Cleric, her god is even Sune so it worked out really well for her! :D
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    kievitzkievitz Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 260 Arc User
    This Boe, BoP whatever has gone into extremes, but this is the way today, nothing but to deal with it. Lots of people want BoEs, near 90%, never gonna happen , NoooooooWaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyy, i got 1 starry panther, enough, grind but no profit :). Some events are worth the grind like the bounty one before Lliira and the winterfest, which i think is the best cos i like icefishing :) and the gifts like in bounty. have fun all.
  • Options
    jyotaijyotai Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    It's a very effective way to keep something from being of interest to gold sellers. The alternative would be to have all the group games for this event flooded with 90% bots.

And... there's a likely possibility that gold sellers have already hacked a lot more accounts than they have stolen. I remember a day in guild wars 2 when the admins locked some 20,000 accounts they found out had been compromised. That was just the ones they knew about, because a third party forum admitted it had been hacked and when they compared details they found those accounts had all been accessed by the same parties... (this was 20,000 users of that MMO BTW, that used the exact same account name and password one some random unknown guy's free BB-Bulletin forum as they did for their MMO of choice...)

Hackers will hack an account and then sit on it for a while, waiting for the ideal moment to pounce. People suddenly getting flush with a lot of lucrative items... that is a good time to pounce...

Its one thing for support to deal with a small stream of people losing their accounts right after winning some lockbox or raid item they didn't bind... its another thing if after every single holiday event the support of the game has to deal with 10-20% of the entire userbase having their accounts deleted by gold-sellers...

Spend 30 seconds in town in this game with chat on and you can see gold sellers are more active here than in most MMOs. they wouldn't be unless they had some business - both a lot of stupid people willing to buy from them, and access to a lot of stuff to use in transactions. And yes much of the stuff they sell is stuff they stole from their own past customers... but they're also going to need access to a lot more than what they have on 'exposed' accounts that get deleted when reported... which means a LOT of you have already been hacked...

PST timezone older player. Mostly play tanks and healers. Don't game outside of MMOs.
  • Options
    I agree with everything you are saying, gold sellers are the bane of MMOs!

However, instead binding to character all the time it would be nice if more things bound to account. In the case of mounts, it would have been really nice if the Stable was account based instead of character based.

It just sucks that everyone is punished for the actions of a few! :(
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    jyotaijyotai Member Posts: 44 Arc User
    Yeah, bind on account would be nicer.

And the game could also use adding 2-factor authentication as well as the current IP defender system.

I could be entirely wrong on the motives behind the BoP rather than BoE... but if I'm right... then I agree BoA would be better and tools to reduce the hacking would as well.
    PST timezone older player. Mostly play tanks and healers. Don't game outside of MMOs.