test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Missing Mail

soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
has anyone else had issues with mail sent to self go missing.

it used to happen every now and then, but it seems to have increased. I have had reports from other guild members that they recieve emails from me with the topic of "returned to sender" i also have had emails with that heading.

i would be interested to find out if this is more then just a few people. i for one wont be using the mail to send anything more then trash for the time being.

Comments

• Options
    abrams121abrams121 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 90 Arc User
    I have heard of someone saying the same thing in our guild chat. Have not had it happen to me yet.
  • Options
    rinat114rinat114 Member Posts: 913 Arc User
    Peren, a lot of your mail is going to me for some reason. Just today I got 2 from you, all junk. I realllllly don't know what this is.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    @kreatyve (who was monitoring another thread about cross-addressed mail mix-ups)

This sounds a bit like the reports of the two fellows who've been accidentally mailing their account-bound items to each other.

I've been suspicious of the mail system since the game was in beta, both because of the ease with which incoming mail could cause you to delete the wrong message, and because of occasional reports of lost or misdirected mail (@zokir lost some expensive enchants this way a *really* long time ago). Ever since we got the shared bank, I use it for everything possible.

Ed: spelink
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

@kreatyve (who was monitoring another thread about cross-addressed mail mix-ups)

This sounds a bit like the reports of the two fellows who've been accidentally mailing their account-bound items to each other.

I've been suspicious of the mail system since the game was in beta, both because of the ease with which incoming mail could cause you to delete the wrong message, and because of occasional reports of lost or misdirected mail (@zokir lost some expensive enchants this way a *really* long time ago). Ever since we got the shared bank, I use it for everything possible.

Yep, I have already forwarded this thread along. While I haven't experienced this issue myself, and it does seem to only be effecting a few people, it does seem to be happening at an increased rate and I think they should investigate and look into it now before it becomes a much larger issue.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    torontodavetorontodave Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 992 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I lost a weekly coffer once (bound to account), by sending it to myself. It never arrived.

Now I check the inbox after sending profession items to make sure they've arrived before switching characters.

Sent a support ticket and they told me that my Starship would be unavailable or something equally nonsensical.

Lost trust in both the mail system and support that day.
    NW-DSQ39N5SJ - 'To Infinity, and BEYOND!' - Spelljammer Quest. Skyships, Indiana Jones moments
    NW-DC9R4J5EH - 'The Black Pearl' - Spelljammer! Phlo Riders and Space Orcs
    Thanks for all the fish.
  • Options
    dodgododgo Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 870 Arc User
    i lost a bta coale ward a month ago and 5 99 stack lesser reso stones last 2 x rp..... @mehpit HAMSTER
  • Options
    zokirzokir Member Posts: 369 Arc User

Yes, I sent the mail to myself, even using the drop-down menu to ensure that my handle was correct, and it went through to someone else instead. It has only happened once.
    zokir.png
    Hyenas@zokir - Essence of Aggression
  • Options
    soditalloversoditallover Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 88 Arc User
    UPDATE, new development my mail box is telling me its full when i only have 5 mails in it useing the gateway i see that i have 8 emails that i cannot see ingame with items returned from a player in my guild. i can see them on the gateway but not ingame so cannot remove them.
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

UPDATE, new development my mail box is telling me its full when i only have 5 mails in it useing the gateway i see that i have 8 emails that i cannot see ingame with items returned from a player in my guild. i can see them on the gateway but not ingame so cannot remove them.

Please contact Customer Support for assistance with that, @soditallover . I will bug @StrumSlinger and @terramak about this more tomorrow to see if they can look into it.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Has this been fixed?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    I don't believe so. It's a difficult to track down issue, as it's only effecting a handful of people.
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    xlsdocxlsdoc Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4 Arc User
    It's probably because you have the person ignore. Remove them from your ignore list and you'll be able to see the mail
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    This bug has been around forever. They will never fix it.
  • Options
    reg1981reg1981 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,435 Arc User
    edited August 2016
    I agree with xlsdoc, check your ignore list.

All mail issues I've been involved with have been resolved by clearing out the ignnore list. Most of the gold seller accts you blocked are no longer in use anyways so give it a shot :)

Also I suggest you check that list regularly anyways, with the way the menus are ingame it's not uncommon for me to block friends by mistake!!
  • Options
    sm0ld3rsm0ld3r Member Posts: 236 Arc User
    reg1981 said:

All mail issues I've been involved with have been resolved by clearing out the ignnore list. Most of the gold seller accts you blocked are no longer in use anyways so give it a shot :)

Also I suggest you check that list regularly anyways, with the way the menus are ingame it's not uncommon for me to block friends by mistake!!

It has nothing to do with ignore. I've sent myself mail and never received it. Yet I received test emails I sent myself.

There is a bug in the mail system where sometimes it either goes to the wrong account or just flat out disappears. Don't send anything expensive in the mail.
  • Options
    sm0ld3r said:

reg1981 said:

It has nothing to do with ignore. I've sent myself mail and never received it. Yet I received test emails I sent myself.

There is a bug in the mail system where sometimes it either goes to the wrong account or just flat out disappears. Don't send anything expensive in the mail.
    It only seems to be effecting certain accounts though. Because most people are able to use the mail system fine, but there are probably about a dozen or so accounts that I have heard of that have major issues with the mail being badly broken.
    kuI2v8l.png