test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Suggestion: set your own loot threshold

donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
Each player should be able to set his own loot threshold. This solves the party leader having to do any kind of fiddling with loot each time they make a party. It also solves people who like ninja items and change settings when people aren't noticing.
Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy

Comments

• Options
    samaka#2511 samaka Member Posts: 568 Arc User
    Party of three people, Player A has threshold set to Uncommon (Green), Player B to Rare (Blue), and Player C to Very Rare (Purple).

A green item drops, Player A just gets it as the other two are higher than Green and so auto skip? A blue item drops, only Player A and B roll for it, Player C auto skips? A purple item drops and all three players get roll options?

Is that how you meant the system to work? If so, I guess I could see that working... though not sure how that would work with the various loot distribution settings.

@samaka#2511
  • Options
    donnythdonnyth Member Posts: 122 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    ... no, if you set your threshold for blue items, you will only roll on blue and higher items for all dungeons until you change it. If you want green and higher items you just change to green. This makes it so much easier. If you're in a party, and you only want blue items, you will pass on all green and lower items.
    Secrets of the Ring ID: nw-dt25qalqy
  • Options
    That is what I said... is it not? ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    i so often wanted to have this but...

imagine you are doing lair of lostmouth, afaik there is still the rollable horn that drops, so players a and b lose the chance to roll on 350k ad, or have to switch before boss, or blue insignias, there is simply a very broad range of item value that is not color dependant.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    What I don't understand is why you can't seem to change the loot threshold when in a dungeon. Whenever I try to set the threshold higher than the default of 'green' I get a message in chat saying it was changed, along with an error saying it can't be changed! :o

Of course, since I am new there is a good chance I am simply missing something somewhere! ;)
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User

i so often wanted to have this but...

imagine you are doing lair of lostmouth, afaik there is still the rollable horn that drops, so players a and b lose the chance to roll on 350k ad, or have to switch before boss, or blue insignias, there is simply a very broad range of item value that is not color dependant.

The horn has been a independent drop now for some time. The only boss loot that can be rolled on now is insignias
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • Options
    rgladiatorgladiato Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 313 Arc User

That is what I said... is it not? ;)

No.

Actually you did. I'm just being difficult.
    Nixon the TR
    Give a man a fire and he's warm for the day. But set fire to him and he's warm for the rest of his life.
    o1iHDN0.png?1
  • Options
    nornsavantnornsavant Member Posts: 311 Arc User
    Oh having an auto roll option would be amazing! No more watching my screen fill up with dungeon loot like a windows 97 desktop in the middle of combat. Set your options for each level and let the RNG do the work. That would be so nice.
  • Options

Oh having an auto roll option would be amazing! No more watching my screen fill up with dungeon loot like a windows 97 desktop in the middle of combat. Set your options for each level and let the RNG do the work. That would be so nice.

If you press ESC and select "Rearrange HUD" then move the "Notification Windows" off to the side, below your stat portrait for example, it will at least stop flooding the middle of your screen during combat!

Though this only moves the results of loot rolls, not the actual Need, Greed or Pass dialoge option!
    @samaka#2511
  • Options
    krymkackrymkac Member Posts: 210 Arc User

What I don't understand is why you can't seem to change the loot threshold when in a dungeon. Whenever I try to set the threshold higher than the default of 'green' I get a message in chat saying it was changed, along with an error saying it can't be changed! :o

Of course, since I am new there is a good chance I am simply missing something somewhere! ;)

Been wondering about same thing for 2 years at least... no idea why they disabled it for dungeons and such. Only works outside the instances when y just questing in zones for example. In any instance y can't change the loot rules even for premades
  • Options
    nice on the horn, and as i am all packed up with the right blue insignias i would love a option to not see every green/blue item that gets picked up, specially as a melee tank who has limited view space to have 2-3 rolls going on and uses the numpad so actual rolling takes me off my action keys. +1 for the suggestion.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
  • Options
    juleadreamjuleadream Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 372 Arc User
    Better idea: Personal loot across the board, including boss drops. Get rid of Need/Greed/Pass altogether. I despise Need/Greed.
  • Options
    me too, but it gives the players the feeling of more drops.

• Options
    jumpingmorksjumpingmorks Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 876 Arc User

This has been resolved in a recent patch, you don't roll on green loot any more at least not in skirmishes for sure which is an absolute godsend.