test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[PC] Chroma (Razer Naga Chroma) - Lighting on mouse disables when running the game.

zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
edited March 2016 in Bug Reports (PC)
In Neverwinter, when the "Loading..." screen ends on the Neverwinter logo screen, just before the character selection screen appears, the lighting on my Razer Naga Chroma disables.

In Star Trek Online, when the loading bar on the Cryptic logo screen ends, just before the character selection screen appears, the lighting on my Razer Naga Chroma disables.

My Razer Anansi's (keyboard) lighting continues to function normally however.

In Champions Online, Forsaken World, Perfect World International, Elsword, and APB Reloaded, the lighting on my Razer Naga Chroma functions just fine.

According to This Article, Razer Chroma lighting functions are supposed to be integrated to work with Star Trek Online and Neverwinter (and a slew of other games) specifically. My only guess is that a recent update has messed this up. I've conferred with another Naga Chroma user who also reports the same issue and has stated that a few weeks ago, the lighting functioned properly.

I am running Razer Synapse 2.0 (software version 1.18), which at the time of this post is the latest version of Synapse 2.0.

Comments

• lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    Pretty sure a forum search would help, since I recall hearing about this issue some time ago.
    ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • instynctiveinstynctive Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,885 Arc User
    I'm pretty sure that Cryptic isn't responsible for your periphery. You may want to check with the manufacturer.
    header.png
    "...I grab my wiener and charge!" - ironzerg79
  • kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator
    @Zebular may be able to provide some incite on this one.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    pan17 said:

...i want an instant solution !!!!

There is no instant solution. There is a bug which Zebular himself reported last month that causes the lighting effects to be disabled as soon as any Cryptic game is launched. All three of your threads have been merged into his original report.

You will have to wait for the developers to investigate and fix the issue. Both Zebular and I own Chroma Devices. The only issue is with the lighting turning off which is definitely disheartening but the device will work the same regardless of the lighting effects.

I'm pretty sure that Cryptic isn't responsible for your periphery. You may want to check with the manufacturer.

Developers are responsible when they not only are able to control specific peripherals but are supposedly intending to interact with the chroma lighting effects as per the Article Zeb linked. The lights will do different effects based on various in game circumstances at some point. The feature has not been officially released but in the mean time it appears to be is disabling Chroma Lighting instead of using the user settings.
  • ambisinisterrambisinisterr Member, Neverwinter Moderator Posts: 10,462 Community Moderator
    Re-reading some of your comments it should be mentioned that the mouse responsiveness is on your end. The lighting does disable but that is the only feature which does not function within Cryptic Game Clients.
  • zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    Not solved for me. My Naga Chroma keeps going dark as soon as the client loads, NW & STO.
  • bmth698bmth698 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i have figured out a solution for this problem for the backlighting issue I had this issue in blade and soul but it would disconnect me constantly the razer chroma keyboard has a back round process called razer chroma SDK service if u go to task manager and services ull find it but u will have to disable it if its says access denied then click the services button in bottom right corner of window and scroll down till u find the file and remotely stop it I just tried this my self for the same issue and it was fixed have fun and good luck gaming :D!
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    I have been having the same thing for a couple months now. I have a Razer Deathadder Chroma, which has been an awesome mouse since I got it last year. It's running software version 1.20, and says there are no updates.

When logging into Neverwinter, the lights go dark. After awhile (sometimes a few minutes while trying to reset professions, sometimes a little later while I'm in combat in the Stronghold trying to earn some influence for our guild), the mouse stops responding altogether. I have to use keys to exit Neverwinter and either restart my computer or unplug/replug my mouse to get it back.

Disabling the lights is bad enough, LEAVE MY STUFF ALONE!!!, but losing the mouse altogether makes the game, you know, unplayable, literally.
  • jorell#4306 jorell Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    I have the exact same issue as @zbkolde. I have the Razer Deathadder Chroma and have had to take the mouse from the back of my computer and plug it into a front USB Port due to the mouse stop responding. As mentioned, bad enough the lights of the Chroma go dark, but the mouse to stop working? Not cool :(
    Old Enough To Know Better, Young Enough To Not Care!
  • zbkoldezbkolde Member Posts: 689 Arc User
    Finally found how to stop this. I looked for it before and either missed it, or it was added in a more recent update. Either way, here's how to stop it:

Open Razer Synapse, go to "Chroma Apps." At the top, click "OFF", stopping any games from being able to access your settings.