test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

"Epic Artifact Equipment" quest and "Seed of Air" quest

two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
The Module 9 revamp of the Elemental Evil zones has made it impossible to complete the "Epic Artifact Equipment" quest because the new version of the "Seed of Air" quest is not recognized.

To replicate:
  • Acquire the "Epic Artifact Equipment" quest.
  • Complete "Artifacts of Legend" and "Vaults of the Nine" requirements.
  • Acquire the "Seed of Air" quest.
Observed result:
  • The "Epic Artifact Equipment" quest still tells you to acquire the "Seed of Air" quest.
Expected result:
  • The "Epic Artifact Equipment" should progress toward completion.
Neverwinter Tools for evaluating boons, mounts, dyes, etc.

Comments

• zibadawazibadawa Member Posts: 1,266 Arc User
    Have you turned in the seed of air quest to see what happens?
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User
    zibadawa said:

Have you turned in the seed of air quest to see what happens?

Yes, I completed and turned in the Seed of Air quest. It had no effect on the Epic Artifact Equipment quest.
  • dameon2kdameon2k Member Posts: 77 Arc User
    I have had this same exact problem for awhile now.
  • mimijemmimijem Member Posts: 29 Arc User
    same problem here any solution yet?
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    @terramak Oversight in EE update.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • bitt3rnightmar3bitt3rnightmar3 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 788 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I had the same issue but I just dropped the quest. I figured it was an error in the game trying to give me another elemental fire weapon since I didn't actually complete Spinward Rise until post EE update. I had crafted my EE weapons from the artifact recovery campagin task in Tyranny. Since I didn't want another weapon/potato clogging my inventory and I had recently acquired twisted weapons I didn't really look into it further.
    Relmyna - AC/DC Righteous + Haste| Nadine - CW MoF (working on it)|Buffy - GF SM Tact| Hrist - Justice Tankadin|Healadin (Wannabe Tank)| Lena -MI Sabo TR (Farmer) | Jeska - GWF SM Destroyer (Farmer) | Maggie - HR PF Trapper (Wannabe DPS)
    --
    I'll never retrace my steps.

Some of my best friends are Imaginary.

• hudman21hudman21 Member Posts: 276 Arc User
    two30 said:

The Module 9 revamp of the Elemental Evil zones has made it impossible to complete the "Epic Artifact Equipment" quest because the new version of the "Seed of Air" quest is not recognized.

To replicate:

• Acquire the "Epic Artifact Equipment" quest.
    • Complete "Artifacts of Legend" and "Vaults of the Nine" requirements.
    • Acquire the "Seed of Air" quest.
    Observed result:
    • The "Epic Artifact Equipment" quest still tells you to acquire the "Seed of Air" quest.
    Expected result:
    • The "Epic Artifact Equipment" should progress toward completion.
    I have the exact issue with my TR. I go to the druid and she tells me to be patient and finish her vigilant tasks. There are NO quests for me to do in Spinward now that I am 70.
    Life is full of drains, I prefer to be a fountain
  • vulpix252000vulpix252000 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I'm having same issue as OP. is this ever going to either be fixed or at least listed as a known issue so it can be fixed at some point?
  • rodgerm9rodgerm9 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have completed everything in the quest also but the druid tells me to be patient and finish her vigilant tasks. I have completed all of the requirements and still no artifact!
    Rodgerm9
  • paradigm01paradigm01 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Having the same problem with my lvl 70 HR. Really annoying.

Is there a fix coming? any solutions?
  • avendris#1800 avendris Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I have just come across this bug. Very disappointed that I cant finish "EPIC ARTIFACT EQUIPMENT".

By the way, does anyone ever read these bug reports and actually fix things?
    I'm new here, so I'm curious if a bug report like this has any effect at all.
  • two30two30 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,168 Arc User

I'm new here, so I'm curious if a bug report like this has any effect at all.

Generally, no. The Bug Reports forum is for sharing information about bugs and workarounds with other players.
  • I have gotten and completed "Artifacts of Legend" and "Vault of the Nine." Both show as complete. I have not gotten two characters to level 60 (I only have one character) but that is also marked as complete. I have gotten and completed "Seed of Air" and obtained the Elemental Fire Longsword (am playing GF) but quest still displays "Get Seed of Air" quest and quest path directs me to the Seed of Air questgiver in Spinward Rise. Abandoning and re-taking quest displays same completion qualities.

It's not that big of a deal but it is annoying. Any suggestions?
  • jagermeister9jagermeister9 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    Same issue here.
  • strumslingerstrumslinger Member, NW_CrypticDev, Cryptic Developer Posts: 1,724 Cryptic Developer
    Sorry for the late notice, but I have notified the devs if they weren't already aware.

Call me Andy (or Strum, or Spider-Man)!
    Follow Neverwinter on Twitter: NeverwinterGame 
    Like Neverwinter on Facebook: Neverwinter

Follow me on Twitter: StrumSlinger

• I feel less alone! Irritating bug is irritating.
  • unclegrimmunclegrimm Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    Glad I'm not the only one. Wondering if sharing the quest would complete the requirements. I'm really not even sure if sharing quests is a thing anymore.
  • sneak#6191 sneak Member Posts: 86 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I have this bug as well.

The quest trail points to Spinward Rise but when I go there the quest states "Go to Protector's Enclave".
    Atodaso@sneak#6191
    Tornado Of Souls

• tripc#1253 tripc Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    strumslinger, any word from the devs? Problem still exists.
  • mrsaesder#7297 mrsaesder Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    Patch notes from last week stated that they removed the quest to prepare for a later update.
  • greenstang511#2960 greenstang511 Member Posts: 10 Arc User
    Should the quest be abandoned then?
  • Any fix to this yet ?
  • nojjdarn#5054 nojjdarn Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the same problem. Strange that the devs dont give any answer at all. Like we are aware and looking into it or something. bleh.
  • ofthemagi#9430 ofthemagi Member Posts: 4 Arc User
    this is pitiful. I'm really disappointed in the number of glaring glitches in Neverwinter, and I'm part of the whole new mob of players who will be noticing their outright incompetence now that ps4 is on board. it's disgusting how easy they find it to take your cash for zen for numerous things necessary to play this game and how they, at the same time, don't seem to find that enormous profit margin adequate to find developers to fix problems in the game. "Oh well," said arc games, "that just forces them to give us real money to work around our issue by purchasing zen to buy things in the trade house that the game should be giving out to keep the game playable. More money for us! Yay! Let's have an office party, and do even less work."
  • mrrkmiller#5591 mrrkmiller Member Posts: 108 Arc User
    There is a work around. I deleted all artifact weapon quests and items. I went to Morgana and choose fire. It is collecting now. Says I still need seeds of air quest, but I already finished. It is a bug. Ignore and abandon it. Hope that helps. Crit
  • Any update on this issue. I have this problem on the PS4 now. The game just sends me back and forth between Spinward and Protectors Enclave when selecting the "Epic Artifact Equipment" quest. Stuck on "Get the Seed of Air", and the druid gives nothing.

As for the workaround mentioned above, did you discard the seeds and abandon all the "Weapons of Earth/Fire/Water/Air" quests as well as the "Epic Artifact Weapons", and did this actually get you the reward? I'd love some more details.

Also, was it ever fixed on PC?