What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

AD -> Zen exchange, no listings?

2»

Comments

• Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User

I'm still getting orders filled overnight as I sleep so it's not back to as bad as it was previously.

You just won't see listings for Zen when the exchange is moving fast filling the backlog.

Backlog goes up ~400k zen every day : \

Won't be long until we hit the point where we're waiting a week.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    vinceent1vinceent1 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,264 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    morenthar said:

I love how much people want this game to fail, it's entertaining.

Heck, I don't even have to wait long for a PvP match and forum posters declared that dead 2-3 mods ago.

"It's the same people over and over again."

That is actually closer to the truth during U.S. prime- time gaming. I label that differently than TV prime. Gaming is more 8pm -Midnight. One big problem is you have more premades during that time. It's boring as hell.

European prime-time has a massive PvP and overall base. I can actually go entire U.S. Central morning and afternoons and never see a trolling premade.

The reality is more towards what @nathan#8975 stated.

I can say a lot of people are either in a holding pattern or acquiring resources for the future. Best example is all of the people doing Dragon Runs is The Well.

Another common thread I hear from other players is that there really is no NWO killer out there. If this game comes up with more content and cleans a few things up it would STILL be a massive force to be reckoned with and the code is ANCIENT.

I'm an example. I bought BDO and I do play it and will more as new classes come online, but it hasn't killed this game for me.

There is simply too much grind out there. So people figure that they might as well grind their established characters and hope for more content than grind elsewhere from scratch. Also, as buggy as this game is, the combat system keeps pulling people back.

this is really interesting

i am, european and when i try pvp through 3pm - 2 am CET, its premade after premade. mostly rebels or Aoe -Absolute. there is no big pvp population even on prime time. my guildies have the same experience. pvp is completely dead no matter of zone or time
  • Options
    nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    @silverkelt I agree, the cost of RP is pretty frightening and adds a whole other level of unnecessary grind.

I don't know if we just play at different times, but I really do see new players constantly. Tonight I was in several PUG's where I got curious and inspected and was like oh <font color="orange">HAMSTER</font>, this is bad.

There are a lot of unfriendly barriers between new players and old players.
  • Options
    urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    edited June 2016

@silverkelt I agree, the cost of RP is pretty frightening and adds a whole other level of unnecessary grind.

I don't know if we just play at different times, but I really do see new players constantly. Tonight I was in several PUG's where I got curious and inspected and was like oh HAMSTER, this is bad.

Even dying MMOs have new players. MMOs die when they can't get enough new players to replace the ones that leave. Just to put things in perspective when you have someone quit after playing for three years say, it takes hundreds of new players entering the game to find one person that will continue to play the game that long. So seeing new players doesn't really mean much because most of them will be gone in less than a month.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • Options
    nathan#8975 nathan Member Posts: 225 Arc User
    I see, good perspective
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User
    urabask said:

I'm still getting orders filled overnight as I sleep so it's not back to as bad as it was previously.

You just won't see listings for Zen when the exchange is moving fast filling the backlog.

Backlog goes up ~400k zen every day : \

Won't be long until we hit the point where we're waiting a week.
    Certainly looking that way. As dragoness10 said, my orders were filling overnight but my little 200 Zen order placed yesterday has not been met yet. Sales on the AH are pretty slow too except for items in the under 1k area.

• Options
    shiva79#6664 shiva79 Member Posts: 70 Arc User
    maybe because there is an order to buy 1.7 mill zen for 500ad per zen
    idk, how the system works exactly, but as soon as someone is selling zen, they will be bought up by that order
  • Options
    qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

maybe because there is an order to buy 1.7 mill zen for 500ad per zen
    idk, how the system works exactly, but as soon as someone is selling zen, they will be bought up by that order

It's not a single order, rather the total for the number of orders offering 500 AD. My small order for, now, 300 Zen makes up part of it.

• Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Getting requests about this every day. People get confused because offers are missing. UI should be more descriptive and state that you can still post your offer and that it only takes time until it is served.​​
  • Options
    silverkeltsilverkelt Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,235 Arc User

I don't know if we just play at different times, but I really do see new players constantly. Tonight I was in several PUG's where I got curious and inspected and was like oh HAMSTER, this is bad.

Yes, starting a mmo 2-3 years after others, always buts up barriers, I have been adamant about pricing and soon Im lunching a cost reduction effort for RP as well, its out of bounds and just facilities this sort of power curve that is unnecessary in the game. ITs one thing for older players to have advantages, its another to expect new players to spend 40-60% MORE then old players just because of some stupid change in the node nerf.

Its ludicrous and does nothing for EITHER group. Nor can I see how IT helps cryptic AT all. Players who dont feel the can advance, just leave the game.

RP is way out of bounds right now.

• Options
    solbergxsolbergx Member Posts: 654 Arc User
    Ok i just listed buy 1,000 zen at 500 AD, total of 500,000 AD, when do i get it?
    Should i offer more?
  • Options
    lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User
    solbergx said:

Ok i just listed buy 1,000 zen at 500 AD, total of 500,000 AD, when do i get it?
    Should i offer more?

You'll get your zen when cryptic will restock the zen market

• Options
    lewstelamon01lewstelamon01 Member Posts: 7,415 Arc User
    edited June 2016

solbergx said:

Should i offer more?

Despite the popular theory of some, Cryptic doesn't "restock the ZEN market" nor do they actively intervene in the ZAX in any measure beyond the placement of upper and lower limits for AD/ZEN exchange value. It's supply and demand. At the moment there's more ZEN in demand then there is put up by the players for purchase. Hence the backlog.

To answer the question of the person being quoted, orders are filled on a first placed, first served basis. Your order is actually assigned a number....which determines its place in queue. Once your order comes up, it is filled at the lowest price available at the time your request is filled.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Great Weapon Fighter: Because when is today not a good day to die?

PC and PS4 player. Proud Guildmaster for PS4 Team Fencebane. Rank 5 Officer for PC Team Fencebane. Visit us at http://fencebane.shivtr.com
  • Options
    lerapiso818lerapiso818 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 92 Arc User

solbergx said:

Should i offer more?

Cryptic doesn't "restock the ZEN market". It's supply and demand. At the moment there's more ZEN in demand then there is put up by the players for purchase. Cryptic does not directly interfere in one direction or the other. Hence the backlog.

Forgot to add a "*sarcasm*"
  • Options
    This is bad!!!
  • Options
    kvetkvet Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,700 Arc User
    Better than if there was no upper limit and the price was up around 800 or 1000 or more. Heck, the upper limit on the Russian server is 590 based on what I've seen... Just be patient. It typically takes a day per million backlog, sometimes more sometimes less.
  • Options
    artifleurartifleur Member Posts: 642 Arc User
    morenthar said:

Look at the demand a potential sale is producing. Zen Store prices should be cut in half all of the time. Then people would be getting closer to a fair value and volume would go through the roof.

While I definitely agree with you, there seems to be, from my experience, a general consensus among managers of online games relying on cash shops that the best strategy is to focus on their most wealthy customers who will buy anything thrown their way regardless of the price.

Because of this, which I, again, believe to be a terrible strategy, they will keep the prices of the zen shop outrageously high and will focus developpement on adding "new" content, disregarding any possible improvement of the game, to make sure their most wealthy customers will constantly have new things to buy.

It is a rather sad situation but I don't see any way of having them change their minds since, in the end, "they know better".
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    In related news I just learned from the famous blog that PWE raised the ZEN exchange rate on the .ru server to 1000. Oh my...​​
  • Options
    flambridgeflambridge Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 191 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    I think the best way is put Coal and Preservation in Wondrous Bazaar.
    (Coal 250k, Preservation 50k pack with 5)
    ZEN Market can't keep with Wards and Keys, it + bots = backlog.

Also.
    Make a limit that account can refine Enchants for day.
    (4 Rank 7, 2 Rank 8, 1 Rank 9 for exemple)
    Bots will not exploit Coal and Preser in WB, with this.
  • Options
    Just got my 1,000 zen, it took me just 2 days, it seems its not so bad after all!!!
  • Options
    fastrean3fastrean3 Member Posts: 281 Arc User
    "Make a limit that account can refine Enchants for day.
    (4 Rank 7, 2 Rank 8, 1 Rank 9 for exemple)
    Bots will not exploit Coal and Preser in WB, with this."

Horrible idea, bots/3th party, they have multi account and can just do the refine between accounts, it will only hurt normal players.
  • Options
    regenerderegenerde Member Posts: 3,043 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    loboguild said:

In related news I just learned from the famous blog that PWE raised the ZEN exchange rate on the .ru server to 1000. Oh my...​​

- Who is actually in charge of the russian server?
    - Can you transfer characters between the int. and the rus. servers?
    Just two questions you might want to think about...
    I really doubt, that if they would try something like that on the int. server, it would end well for the game and them in the long run.
    Post edited by regenerde on
    I do believe in killing the messenger...
    Want to know why?
    Because it sends a message!
  • Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    The Russian server just raised the zax limit to 1000-1. It hit that new limit in two days.
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.