test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

So as betatesters reduce zen prices?

wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
edited June 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I think lots of people think that the PC community is playing the beta version of NWO for consoles (and i mean the live server), and we are ironing out issues for xbox and in the future for ps4.

So as the betatesters we are - could you reduce the zen prices for pc with the release for ps4?
Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12

Comments

• Options
    mrgiggles651mrgiggles651 Member Posts: 790 Arc User
    Oh wait you're serious....
    I wasted five million AD promoting the Foundry.
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    It makes sense to use the PC version as the pilot version. It is far easier to update PCs than consoles.

Personally I think it is a good thing. We get the new stuff first.

Also: There has been a lot of new stuff coming to NW recently.. for instance we get guild alliances outside normal release schedule, we have been told there are THREE new adventure zones in mod 10, including a new challenge dungeon level, plus a new campaign, etc etc. Mod 10 seems to be a big release.

I doubt NW would be able to fund such a high development level if XBox and soon PS4 does not contribute to pay for developer resources. So we should all be VERY happy XBox and PS4 got NW too.
  • Options
    wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User

It makes sense to use the PC version as the pilot version. It is far easier to update PCs than consoles.

Personally I think it is a good thing. We get the new stuff first.

Also: There has been a lot of new stuff coming to NW recently.. for instance we get guild alliances outside normal release schedule, we have been told there are THREE new adventure zones in mod 10, including a new challenge dungeon level, plus a new campaign, etc etc. Mod 10 seems to be a big release.

I doubt NW would be able to fund such a high development level if XBox and soon PS4 does not contribute to pay for developer resources. So we should all be VERY happy XBox and PS4 got NW too.

But with the new stuff (of which i can't find nothing exciting in the last 2-3 modules) we get also tons of bugs that are not addressed unless they are breaking the income (not the game or gameplay). Some of them get fixed in the cumulative patches (like Alliance will fix bondings - reported and acknowledged to be broken for months).

Also please forgive me for not being all too excited about Mod 10 - like a popular 90's TV show - "I want to believe"
    but look what mod 9 brought and compare it to how epic it's description sounded in the announcement
    (afaik they call Manol Derith a new zone alas for me it's 3 quest NPC's and 3 Vendors)

or mod 8 2 new skirmishes, one still broken as of release in one of it's versions the other broken for a month or so (since they 'fixed' timers) and the epic grindaringon.

Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • Options
    loboguildloboguild Member Posts: 2,371 Arc User
    Well, you're obviously wrong.

On the other hand. Is there any actual reason why the versions are not synced?​​
  • Options
    mentinmindmakermentinmindmaker Member Posts: 1,490 Arc User
    As for bugs.. yes, NW does have its share of those and I wish Cryptic would be more diligent at crushing them.

However, in my experience the bugs left alive are mostly annoyances, nothing game breaking.

I would rather get lots of new stuff first than have a game that is 100% bug free. (Those things are in conflict ;) )

But that's me.
  • Options
    ilag1337ilag1337 Member Posts: 17 Arc User
    Not really a beta test for console release. Know why? If they did, then we wouldn't have the glitched phase 2 of edemo. Problem was there on PC and fixed. Guess what? When we get mod8 its still there.