test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

[MOD 8] Vell Crowe's Soulbinder Damnation build

13»

Comments

• zefirootzefiroot Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 50 Arc User
    To summarize and finish my contribution to this discussion: if you look at soul puppets mechanics - like someone in this topic said - if you try to summon s. puppet with K. flames or a. souls while it is still active your SP gains 20% dmg that can stack up to 5 times. And like I said in damnation tree SP gains + 100% dmg from wrathful souls feat.
    So to respond to the criticism and wining of the people in this topic and in general about S. puppet being bugged and OP and this build not being good or HDPS - you are wrong. If the s. puppet is bugged Ok, but how come others - like I said in previous post - GWFs still manage to outdps me in T2 (checked Gorath GWF has 31it; but yesterday another GWF from the guild that is 28il like me outdps-ed me in CN by 50 mil.).
    And it doesn't matter what tier dung is - I am always first or second even in t1 and skirmishes - unless there are big shots in the party or some that are more skillful in their class. It all depends on your skills and knowing your class. I do outdps players with higher item level. I tested many different powers: SS + essence defiler, KF, DT - but I think my dmg is best with the set up I listed in previous post.
    I want to say this too - everyone has the right to their play-style and can find what suits them but this guide for damnation path isn't MISGUIDING and don't think our soul puppet is really bugged. Even if it is bugged so are many other aspects of sws that nerf us.
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    Soul Puppets are not like summons we know from other games, nor are they like companions. From what I've seen in game, the soul puppet is essentially an extension of the warlock. That means when the puppet hits, it is as if the warlock did the hit, if the soul puppet gets hit, it is as if the warlock got hit.
    Two exceptions; When the puppet hits, it will generate threat for itself, not the warlock. When the puppet gets hit it will lose it's own health, not the warlock's.
    This applies to immolation spirits as well, they just don't seem to die when reaching 0 hit points.
    I can't prove it because I don't play damnation, but I suspect that if the warlock gets hit with an AoE buff like ITF, it will apply the buff to both the warlock and the puppet. But since the puppet's damage gets buffed from the warlock's damage as well, the buff might be applied 2 times, stacking multiplicative. It might even be so that the puppet when it gets the buff transfers it over to the warlock (like when the puppet hits a trap it transfers the injury), making the buff apply 3 times.
    That would explain the high damage values you see in buffed up groups, while playing solo the puppet damage stays relatively low. However I wouldn't know how to properly test it and don't have any real insights into the code of the game, so as I said there is no proof. Just hoping that the devs figure this out one day. Already people say Warlocks shouldn't get any more buffs because they top painbringer. That's the real damage this bug brings to the class.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    edited April 2016

Soul Puppets are not like summons we know from other games, nor are they like companions. From what I've seen in game, the soul puppet is essentially an extension of the warlock. That means when the puppet hits, it is as if the warlock did the hit, if the soul puppet gets hit, it is as if the warlock got hit.
    Two exceptions; When the puppet hits, it will generate threat for itself, not the warlock. When the puppet gets hit it will lose it's own health, not the warlock's.
    This applies to immolation spirits as well, they just don't seem to die when reaching 0 hit points.
    I can't prove it because I don't play damnation, but I suspect that if the warlock gets hit with an AoE buff like ITF, it will apply the buff to both the warlock and the puppet. But since the puppet's damage gets buffed from the warlock's damage as well, the buff might be applied 2 times, stacking multiplicative. It might even be so that the puppet when it gets the buff transfers it over to the warlock (like when the puppet hits a trap it transfers the injury), making the buff apply 3 times.
    That would explain the high damage values you see in buffed up groups, while playing solo the puppet damage stays relatively low. However I wouldn't know how to properly test it and don't have any real insights into the code of the game, so as I said there is no proof. Just hoping that the devs figure this out one day. Already people say Warlocks shouldn't get any more buffs because they top painbringer. That's the real damage this bug brings to the class.

immolation sprits die pretty well, they got more HP than your puppet..sadly, you can slay them in PVP but normally it needs more than on hit compared to your puppet wich dies only by staring at it.
    Puppet get´s buffed like any other group member.
    Noone knows how puppet deals damagespikes like some million, same as noone knows why morderous flame deals 200.000.000 hits, like posted by thefabricant

immolation sprits die pretty well, they got more HP than your puppet..sadly, you can slay them in PVP but normally it needs more than on hit compared to your puppet wich dies only by staring at it.

Are you sure that's not just a PvP thing? Because I saw the spirits stand in the red with an empty health bar in boss fights and they still continued to fight on.
    I am sure, aoe immune like puppe but pop them beside orcus and they get smashed
  • ftrydaftryda Member Posts: 187 Arc User
    I thought puppets were immune to fire damage, I don't believe it is any AOE type though.
    4000 iL Scourge Warlock
    Well Endowed (Xbox)
    edited April 2016
    puppet is aoe immune like purple companion, you can tank scorps with it since their attack seems to be aoe damage, you also can tank the boss in eSoT, puppet will not die from that boss...immune :)
    Are there even any elemental immunities or resistances in this game? I never saw anything like that.
  • vishara022vishara022 Member Posts: 20 Arc User
    With the pending Lostmauth nerf, any plans to change equipment?
  • namrekcanamrekca Member Posts: 67 Arc User

I did change to Black Ice set after parsing ACT on the preview server. ACT showed that the Black Ice set put out 16% more damage than the Lostmauth set did. This is because the belt, at legendary, increases your damage and combat advantage damage by 2% each. I will be updating the posting at a later date to reflect the changes.
    Unrepentant Gaming
    uey100.png

Vell Crowe
    Vell Crowe's Soulbinder Damnation SW build
  • mrshabokmrshabok Member Posts: 210 Arc User
    namrekca said:

I did change to Black Ice set after parsing ACT on the preview server. ACT showed that the Black Ice set put out 16% more damage than the Lostmauth set did. This is because the belt, at legendary, increases your damage and combat advantage damage by 2% each. I will be updating the posting at a later date to reflect the changes.
    With this being the case, is it even better now to run Blink Dog and Intellect Devourer, because of the CA bonus, over fire archon and erinyes? So maybe something like Blink, Intel, Air, Siege, and Warlock/Merc/etc?
    3.5k HB Temptation -- Dread Legion
    Xbox GT -- Mr Shabok
    My Guide
  • namrekcanamrekca Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    mrshabok said:

namrekca said:

With this being the case, is it even better now to run Blink Dog and Intellect Devourer, because of the CA bonus, over fire archon and erinyes? So maybe something like Blink, Intel, Air, Siege, and Warlock/Merc/etc?
    I plan to do some testing on this soon, Just haven't had the opportunity yet.
    Unrepentant Gaming
    uey100.png

Vell Crowe
    Vell Crowe's Soulbinder Damnation SW build
    edited April 2016
    mrshabok said:

namrekca said:

My acitive is a blue blink dog, one day he will be legendary :)
    The other ones are intellect devourer, Air- and Earth-Archon, and a Yeti.
    The Yeti will be replaced by a purple erinnyes , alternative "Staldorf"...some day

I run damnation in PVE atm, no PVP at all.
    I skipped toughness, shadowfold and went energizing curse 4/5 since that´s more AP and you can feal it definitely, and since nerf of lolset you need to use more at wills to gain sparks anyway, so win-win.
    I went Relentless curse since the effect popping in a mobgroup is really effective and parting blasphemy did not deal a lot damage as far as I recognized, vs single target it will do better ..., I also went buring puppets instead of warding spirits since i wanted pure dps (this also will synergize with parting blasphemy-more curse).
  • henschypoomhenschypoom Member Posts: 13 Arc User
    What about the jewel reinforcement for rings, neck and waist?
    Also which weapon/armor/overload/utility enchantmens do you use?

Thanks =)
  • omgitszephomgitszeph Member Posts: 67 Arc User
    looking forward to updates, thanks for all the hard work and fun shares here, I have so much fun on my SW Damnation, this info has been so helpful in her creation and development, thanks again >:)
    ~Intelligence is SEXXY, talk nerdy to me ~
  • fardonk11fardonk11 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I have a tough one on SW rotation while encountering mobs and bosses, i know that there are some encounters that are no brainer for bosses like SS but what would be good for spark regen with mobs and bosses

I have seen a couple of builds and opinions of different people across forums but can get ahold of a good rotation can someone advice and explain the suggested rotation

I have a SB Damnlock 2.8k Armpen is 60% and Power is over 20k and crit is over 10k

Thank you
  • brittariot#5634 brittariot Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    null
    You've said you changed some things, may I ask what all it is that you've changed? Just skimming through the comments isn't clearing it up for me.
  • chueyj00chueyj00 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    i have looked through the build and am running it currently 66/70 but i have not seen any place that explains which enchants you are running, i am currently running a dread weapon enchant and feel it may be bis but i am unsure on how to go with my off/def slots. any suggestions?
  • luckyluc73luckyluc73 Member Posts: 6 Arc User
    I am eagerly looking to see if there is a Mod 9 Maze recommendation. I feel clueless with my SW at times. Trying the powers/feats. I am stuck on Pact set for now as I have no Twisted to speak of. Also need to figure out what set to move to optimize moving forward and gain some Utility and other slots/stat boosts.
  • seijidaseijida Member Posts: 28 Arc User
    It's funny, cause when I ran on the test servers Lostmauth made more Damage then Black Ice 2 out of 3 times...
    Though a mixed set so when I go without a Set-Boon at all made around the same amount or a bit more then LoL Set.
    I ran the Arcane Reservoir with all tries that i did.
  • eucha10eucha10 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    Hi ..which is the best weapon and armor enchantment for SW?
  • reefriednunt#3177 reefriednunt Member Posts: 246 Arc User
    Dread hands down, and I personally like the soulforged, some run with the negation
This discussion has been closed.