What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Patch Notes: NW.60.20160410a.8

2»

Comments

• Options
    iammonroiammonro Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10 Arc User
    I am quite laid back and slow to judge...but I am logging in to get my VIP key while it is still active and really can't give a HAMSTER about 'playing' anything as it is sooooo boring and I know that I am never going to progress.

I got a perfect Vorpal, but then the CoalGate and I am NEVER going to get any higher... I can get a rank 9 to a rank 10 - 1 a month maybe... How many do I need - oh yeah 13 isn't it. I liked this game but even someone who doesn't give up easily this is getting a real joke... GREY DROPS - OMFG lol getting up off the floor now...
  • Options
    feanor70118feanor70118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,170 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Skill Nodes

In maps with a base enemy level of 71 or higher, skill nodes now properly drop gray-quality items instead of just nothing.

Thank you, devs, for realizing that what we hope for out of playing is more sweet berries and tokens of worship.
    So glad you focused on this instead of class balance or the Goristro bug.
  • Options
    kingramzekingramze Member Posts: 23 Arc User
    Oh, devs... I can feel the love. You understand us so well. I mean, what more could a level 70 player wish for than a level 71 or higher map node that would drop a gray-quality item instead of absolutely nothing at all. What a world of difference this will make... I'm giddy with excitement for all the gray-quality items I can use to fill up those pesky bag slots -- or sell for gold to add to my hoard of gold I generously give away to anyone that asks as it's practically useless.
  • Options
    wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    I kitted out 5 Mounts with 3 slots each, on my main, on the Xbox... I don't think the Skill Kit nodes are useless at all.
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • Options
    malakut#1916 malakut Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 340 Arc User
    Graphics, Effects, and Animation
    General
    Horses no longer pop slightly during their flourish animation.
    Support for Razer Chroma has been updated.
    The list of supported features now includes temporary health and damage taken indicators, an action bar meter, lit keys for dailies and artifacts when usable, and a combat color shift.

Pretty please??? This works amazingly in preview. Bring it live!!! :D
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

There's a fix for this in the pipeline -- it wasn't so much a problem with Paranoid Delusion per se, as a problem with bonding runestones that Paranoid Delusion really took advantage of. (And don't worry, if you weren't overstacking, the fix won't nerf you at all -- in fact it will improve you slightly, or more than slightly if you are wanting to use a slower-attacking companion.)

Thank you for continuing to monitor the notes. I appreciate your updates on these 'large' issues.

• Options
    goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    wdj40 said:

I kitted out 5 Mounts with 3 slots each, on my main, on the Xbox... I don't think the Skill Kit nodes are useless at all.

Depends on your definition of useless... between 5 alts have found 3- 4 insignias >:(

• Options
    shibath#6644 shibath Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    juliofp70 said:

I cant login after this patch... keeps giving error 36... can someone help me?

Having the same issue here
  • Options
    aleblainaleblain Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 76 Arc User
    We need that RP from Dread Ring dailies become unbound so we can stack and trade it.... it would be great!! Now that stacks are expensive, this is a good thing to be done. Like RP in Sharandar. On the other hand, may be now is too late, but the damn skill nodes should have been level based so if I'm fighting the green dragon in Neverdeath Graveyard or doing the ToD dailies and open a skill node, it didn't give me a damn rank 1 or a suuuuper crappy resource.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    aleblain said:

We need that RP from Dread Ring dailies become unbound so we can stack and trade it.... it would be great!! Now that stacks are expensive, this is a good thing to be done. Like RP in Sharandar. On the other hand, may be now is too late, but the damn skill nodes should have been level based so if I'm fighting the green dragon in Neverdeath Graveyard or doing the ToD dailies and open a skill node, it didn't give me a damn rank 1 or a suuuuper crappy resource.

If they come BOA would be enough for me, this way i could buff up my alts...
  • Options
    tanais58cranetanais58crane Member Posts: 111 Arc User
    be4marc said:

aganway said:

I've seen two times now that the devs have penalized people who play the game correctly to deal with those who abuse it or don't play it properly and this seems backwards. One was when the Rhix daily quests for Ad's were removed because according to your own notice, people were forgetting to do them, so because they were forgetful, the rest of us who were not forgetful and playing the game as intended paid a price and lost the quests. Now the refining items which were the only useful thing to drop from those nodes have been removed because of player abuse. Again, those who play the game correctly are punished because some others do the wrong thing. This is like banning something in RL because a minority abuse it, or forcing bars to close early because some people can't drink responsibly and the police can't do their job and control them. Taking it out on the majority because of the actions of a few is never a good policy. Guys at Neverwinter, you are setting the wrong precedent, work harder to deal with those who are not playing the game as intended, and let the rest of us who do play it properly enjoy what it has to offer without having us punished due to other's bad behaviour or because they can't get their you-know-what-together.

Please, do not forget, the refining items where the only way to access higher character ranks/quality, while their (developers) quest is to generate more real life cash, it stops the regular player to increase the value of their gears and equipment, thus cutting the fun and forcing them to buy more if they want to advance in the game. I would call that "soft extortion".
    Any advice on how can a new user refine his equipment above blue now?
    The stars are falling, and the old gods silent as death, with the blood sworn to rip you down from the night sky, what cost will pose too high?
  • Options
    goodyearbaddaygoodyearbadday Member Posts: 59 Arc User
    be4marc said: "Any advice on how can a new user refine his equipment above blue now? "

One way is to buy/drop an artifact of the same type... lvl it up & sacrifice it in double refining days
  • Options
    santralafaxsantralafax Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 2,896 Arc User
    I have been freed from skill nodes! The game used to take much longer opening those for mostly nothing. Now they have nothing and I don't have to worry about it.
  • Options
    rafaeldarafaelda Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 666 Arc User
    No Patch notes this week ? was justa a reset or the patch has been moved to another day ??
  • Options
    deathbeezdeathbeez Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 789 Arc User
    rafaelda said:

No Patch notes this week ? was justa a reset or the patch has been moved to another day ??

Or this week..

• Options
    dsn1118dsn1118 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 682 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    rafaelda said:

They generally stop patching when big updates are close and do it all of them in one time
  • Options
    aslan3775aslan3775 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 295 Arc User

I have been freed from skill nodes! The game used to take much longer opening those for mostly nothing. Now they have nothing and I don't have to worry about it.

+1 on this--all those Daily/weekly mini dungeons now take just a fraction of the time to run.

WOW--I never realized how much time I wasted opening those skill chests. Like a friend said--you are stooping down in the middle of a fight to pick up a quarter--only to find out it is most likely a plugged nickel. And what you really wanted was way more than a quarter anyway!!!!
  • Options
    ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User

They already said the class balancing will come to the test shards first for testing before they make it to live and will be announced in blogs. It needs to happen soon, there is no balance ATM.

I have no hope for it coming ANY time soon. The OP nerf was a simple cut of durations and %s. If that was the best they could do then there's no chance for any reasonable class rebalancing happening.
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    lirithiel said:

Skill Nodes

In maps with a base enemy level of 71 or higher, skill nodes now properly drop gray-quality items instead of just nothing.

More sterling work from Cryptic. Skill Nodes always gave you something before the N E R F now, more often than not, we get cr@p (as in grey quality items). Why don't you just change Skill Nodes to Junk Nodes because that is essentially what they are now.

I don't loot them anymore. :/
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    aganwayaganway Member Posts: 269 Arc User
    edited June 2016

The Game Client is broken and freezing up while inspecting people or even just changing maps. I hope that will be fixed soon.

I had problems with freezing for long periods between maps and other things, I fixed my issue by changing from fullscreen mode to windows maximized/ widescreen aspect ratio. Windows maximized for me behaves exactly like fullscreen but doesn't cause any of the issues I was having, which were many. Don't know if this will help anyone else, but if you are using fullscreen give it a shot and see if it helps.
  • Options
    secondme1secondme1 Member Posts: 1 New User
    Atm I'm receiving an update for 3.169GB on a Saturday @ 437p GMT? I play the game every day way too much XD so it's not me that's patching late ;) Interesting...
  • Options
    mysteriasdrassamysteriasdrassa Member Posts: 299 Arc User
    secondme1 said:

Atm I'm receiving an update for 3.169GB on a Saturday @ 437p GMT? I play the game every day way too much XD so it's not me that's patching late ;) Interesting...

yep,, me too,, very odd
  • Options
    sorce#8115 sorce Member Posts: 1,009 Arc User
    The game always pre-patches before a major release. We have Alliances dropping in 2 days.
This discussion has been closed.