What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Support classes arent being given credit for final boss kill in Castle Never

2»

Comments

• Options
    fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    I hope they are fast one getting something done about this. I enjoy playing DC quite a bit and can't stand not getting credit.
  • Options
    rp1974rp1974 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    I just got back a ticket back from Twylabite and was told that you have to have at least 100,000 damage on the boss kill to have it count. I never have that much damage! My cleric heals and buffs. I think it is horrible that the achievement is designed with the intention of clerics never achieving it. It is horrible.
  • Options
    sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    If you only need 100k just equip daunting light until you get the achievement. Even without DPS spec after a couple empowered DLs you should get enough damage.
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • Options
    edited May 2016
    You need way more than 100k. If they mean for it to just take 100k, it didn't work. I did a respec on my DC to be dps and did 4 million on the boss and got no credit. 100k wouldn't be bad at all.

People are only getting credit with at least 5 million damage.
  • Options
    lithevalkerianlithevalkerian Member Posts: 97 Arc User
    I have heard between 6-8mil which I can confirm as there have been several times where I did not get credit even with doing 6mil on my pally. Luckily I have a guild that is willing to back off DPS and watch the scoreboard for me so I can work on it.
  • Options

I have heard between 6-8mil which I can confirm as there have been several times where I did not get credit even with doing 6mil on my pally. Luckily I have a guild that is willing to back off DPS and watch the scoreboard for me so I can work on it.

It's 5 million for the boss. The total at the end is for the whole dungeon.
  • Options
    lithevalkerianlithevalkerian Member Posts: 97 Arc User

Right. Like I said, I have done over 6mil to Orcus and NOT gotten credit.
  • Options
    theglobalizertheglobalizer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    100k would be a huge help. I can easily do 100k+ damage and still provide meaningful haste with my DC.
  • Options
    unitedweevil679#9682 unitedweevil679 Member Posts: 129 Arc User
    If they are afraid of people abusing it somehow, they could keep the same cap, but add in alternatives such as amount healed and damage taken.
  • Options
    talifeexpectancytalifeexpectancy Member Posts: 35 Arc User

Right. Like I said, I have done over 6mil to Orcus and NOT gotten credit.
    Your group probably wiped. If you restart the fight your damage count resets. We tested it multiole times doing 4mil, 5mil, and 6mil to Orcus. Five million damage done to orcus during a single, successful fight does get credit. Any less does not.
  • Options

If they are afraid of people abusing it somehow, they could keep the same cap, but add in alternatives such as amount healed and damage taken.

Amount healed would still screw support classes. Most good groups kill orcus long before a DC could heal for 5mil. And I dont think a GF deflecting attacks counts as 'damage taken'.
  • Options
    yamayamayaamaayamayamayaamaa Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    So when is this getting fixed? I haven't done CN since I found out about this. I've finished the Maze Engine campaign and now this is the LAST achievement I need... Please fix this...
    «‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

948658.png
  • Options
    elsahellbringerelsahellbringer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    I'm not getting credit on my paladin and cleric. When are you going to fix this problem?
  • Options
    They said there would be a patch soon to fix "known xbox issues" but no word on what issues they deem worthy.
  • Options
    bennizzobennizzo Member Posts: 2 New User
    I'm a tact GF 3200 and now i am at 13/25 kill. To kill with 6-7 millions damage i need a perma bubble and other 3 low dps, so i have the time to make my damage.
  • Options
    To be honest I'd suggest levelling a DPS class to 70 and transferring all your envhants over. At this point, I doubt they will ever fix this since it's been radio silence from Arc, yesterday's update didn't fix it, and it is *technically* obtainable by any class and not actually a broken achievement. I don't see them caring enough to patch it.
  • Options
    luthielle1luthielle1 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    edited June 2016
    My dilemma : my main character is a DC, I've killed Orcus way more than 25 times. Now my secondary character is a paladin....
    And they're both nerfed now. And I don't want to level another character because some people at Arc aren't able to understand how to implement properly this achievement.
    Post edited by luthielle1 on
  • Options
    gamertothebone#5220 gamertothebone Member Posts: 46 Arc User
    Things like this have people not wanting to play a support class.

Really do not understand why the devs do not get that the entire group should get kill based rewards when in a group.

This seems to be a very basic concept and an epic fail on the Dev team.
  • Options
    I'm at 15/25 because my DC is now spec'd to run DPS leaving my team with no healer. Hope to be done with this soon so I can get back to healing.
  • Options
    This still isnt fixed? I'm not the least bit surprised. Way to go Arc.

* slow clap* Way. To friggin. Go.
  • Options
    asjohnson#4476 asjohnson Member Posts: 172 Arc User
    edited July 2016
    @kreatyve Is this still a problem on the PC side as well, that you know of?

If so, this really sucks. Cause it is getting increasingly difficult to find support classes for CN because they don't get credit for it at all. Also, anyway you can pass it on to someone who can look into it. Maybe even another MOD may know something.

If not, when did the patch to fix this get implemented?
  • Options
    kreatyvekreatyve Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 10,545 Community Moderator

If so, this really sucks. Cause it is getting increasingly difficult to find support classes for CN because they don't get credit for it at all. Also, anyway you can pass it on to someone who can look into it. Maybe even another MOD may know something.

I haven't heard anything about it being an issue on PC side, but I'll look into it and get back to you.
    My opinions are my own. I do not work for PWE or Cryptic. - Forum Rules - Protector's Enclave Discord - I play on Xbox
    Any of my comments not posted in orange are based on my own personal opinion and not official.
    Any messages written in orange are official moderation messages. Signature images are now fixed!
    kuI2v8l.png
  • Options
    After a lot of changes to my character and weeks of prep, I got the achievement yesterday with my DC. Would rather be a support healer, but a poor dps character worked fine until the last 4 I needed when I got a lot of poor random groups and didn't get kicked for dps until then either.

Glad it's over. Please don't do this again.
  • Options
    Is this fixed yet? I still haven't played CN...
    «‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

948658.png
  • Options
    They arnt gonna fix this. They dont care. If anything, they like it becaue it gets you spending more zen rebuildijg your char to do enough damage.
  • Options
    destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    kreatyve said:

I haven't heard anything about it being an issue on PC side, but I'll look into it and get back to you.
    On PC at least there is no official achievements. I mean sure there is still in game achievements and all, but its nowhere near as important or popular as the xbox achievements. Since there arrival in 2006, they have more or less revolutionize gaming. Cause what you do carry with you. I can still go to a dude profile and see "oh wow, you did finish that game on hard mode, your good" and stuff like that. More or less when NW will be dead or when i will have stop playing it, people could still see all that i acomplished on the game.

So for the support class to not get credit toward the achievement, thats very unfair. I remember when underdark came in and my GF was very disadvantaged toward the gold runs, this is when i said to myself, nop, from now on im going full DPS on my GWF and i switched all my azures to him, since then i put 90% of my refinement on him too. I had a feeling and look what? Thats exactly what happened. If i had just my very defensive GF like in the past, i wouldn't had get this achievement.
  • Options
    destrowod said:

So for the support class to not get credit toward the achievement, thats very unfair.

Thank you. I only play one type Cleric and that's it. Asking me to respec and stuff is not plausible or even fair. My kill count is still 0 out of 25 in my in game journal. Why is this the only boss in the game that does this? Please fix before the next expansion...
    «‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

948658.png
  • Options
    splazer2794splazer2794 Member Posts: 14 Arc User
    Yeah I am at 4/25 since day 1 :neutral: Way to go Arc, you fixed Tiamat Hoard months later, hopefully you fix this sooner than you did that.