test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Low item level characters out dps'ing 3ks

2»

Comments

• namelesshero347namelesshero347 Member Posts: 2,109 Arc User
    edited April 2016
    The other day in eLoL a 2.8K GF out-DPSed my 3.4K TR by like 30%. When I inspected him, he had 30K power compared to my 22K, and 1K more CS and AP.

So its all about the stats. The GF also had the LM set, so most likely a PvP build also.
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Run ACT and check some fact's. Sw has REALLY low damage compared to, well almost any class. There is only one reason why sw is in top of paingiver chart and thats is party buffs. Still that needs sw to run ahead of party to have time to use tt.
    Make a party with 5 dps class and look how "amazing" dps sw has.
    If i compare my characters, dc/gf il 3.4k and sw 4k, sw has by far lowest dps when playing solo.
  • taitinhakkaajataitinhakkaaja Member Posts: 410 Arc User
    Agreed 100%. They could buff sw's base encounter damage and nerf tt. Fix murderous flames and puppet asap. Murderous flames is really broken now, since it either hit like nuke or does really low damage or doesn't work at all.
    Fixes might happen this year, but to be honest we all have waited over a year for this soon to do sw fix.
  • tlmghosttlmghost Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    As a 2.4k IL SW I outdps other similarly or higher GS players with propper builds within reason (ie. 3k+ GWF's) in tier 1 dungeons (LoL/SoT etc.) by atleast 2-3* margin, if its a poorly specced character its more like 10-20*. My SW is a fresh character without a bonding companion, greater weapon enchant, using rank 7-8 enchants, no snail, 1/2 my boons, no guild boons, no insignia bonuses etc etc...(the list goes on and on).

It's pretty frustrating reading through this discussion where people are suggesting that SW damage would be coming purely from 'bugs and team buffs' when I can outdps almost everything else within a similar GS by 2-3x in a tier 1 dungeon without any buggy interactions or team buffers. I feel like people now see SW as buggy and unskillful regardless of their gear/environment (ie. tier 1 vs tier 2) and disregard everything they do because of it.

Bare in mind I have played alot with HR,CW, TR and they are so much easier to play and get reasonable damage from when solo/without a well built group. When you aren't BiS as a SW running solo/solo queue your damage is so reliant on optimal use of TT which you won't have for every encounter, optimal positioning and timings etc, something that most other button mashing dps at similar levels wont be concerned with.

Saying this I can see no reason why a SW with a 'low' IL' wouldn't be out damaging other players assuming they are playing their class well and the others aren't optimally...As other people have stated the SW could also have had guild boons, bonding companions and other BiS companions that don't have any impact on iL. Add to this the buggy interactions that SW's currently get from tier 2 content (something I am abstaining from ATM because I don't want to become relient on them) and you have your 110mil damage. (My 2.3k SW dealt over 100mil damage in a very clean & fast eToS the first and only time I ran a t2, whereas my 2.5k trapper friend couldn't break 40).

People forget that damage isn't directly correlated to their e-peen or iL and that skill & understanding actually makes a difference...crazy huh.

• urabaskurabask Member Posts: 2,923 Arc User
    metalldjt said:

blinxon said:

Azure 12s...ok. Azure dont give you any power. You sure you played your GWF as a PVE toon (SM+ Destro)? NO offense. Just curious.

there's no PvE difference bettwen a IV or SM when fighting 1 boss/single target , indeed SM had a bit of better damage on trash mobs than IV because of weapon master strike + lol set , but now there is no point being SM imo. And to respond what you are asking the gwf was a PvE setup, and it's not about power,as much as it is to obtain 100% critical chance, thats why i said azure , because i was capped at 100%. in other words , he was dealing an absurd amount of damage, i heard him braggin of 2-5 milion anvil too. An Achievment that a GWF can't have without some party buffers.

there are a few of GFs that are goin overboard with their stats too , like i've had 2 of them in my party , one with 22k defense = 80 % DR (problably more with bondings) , and another one at 44k defense with 130% DR . Now i am not a rocket scientist , but building DPS would be a piece of cake at this point.
    Any DR over 80% still counts towards ITF so it's a better investment than any other stat.
    I8r4ux9.jpg
  • cesoso55cesoso55 Member Posts: 15 Arc User
    tlmghost said:

As a 2.4k IL SW I outdps other similarly or higher GS players with propper builds within reason (ie. 3k+ GWF's) in tier 1 dungeons (LoL/SoT etc.) by atleast 2-3* margin, if its a poorly specced character its more like 10-20*. My SW is a fresh character without a bonding companion, greater weapon enchant, using rank 7-8 enchants, no snail, 1/2 my boons, no guild boons, no insignia bonuses etc etc...(the list goes on and on).

There is something wrong with some SW, doing 3-5x the dmg of any other well built dps class and melting t2 bosses in 10 seconds seems just wrong. i don't know what build or bugs those SW use, but it seems just broken. I'm good with sw doing good dmg as a dps class but not broken dmg like I have seen lately. If that broken dmg comes from bugs it should be fixed. I know Sw can do great dmg without that bug by playing with some sw that do good dmg but not broken dmg and are well built and geared.
  • schietindebuxschietindebux Member Posts: 4,292 Arc User
    cesoso55 said:

tlmghost said:

There is something wrong with some SW, doing 3-5x the dmg of any other well built dps class and melting t2 bosses in 10 seconds seems just wrong. i don't know what build or bugs those SW use, but it seems just broken. I'm good with sw doing good dmg as a dps class but not broken dmg like I have seen lately. If that broken dmg comes from bugs it should be fixed. I know Sw can do great dmg without that bug by playing with some sw that do good dmg but not broken dmg and are well built and geared.
    This is about damnation tree meeting a buffer party, can´t say if that guy uses ACT, but in case he does he should have mentioned, that his damage results from his broken puppet that deal about 75% of his damage or more.
    Running with a temptaion warlock you never will face those numbers any time, the only tree wich is WAI (more or less)
  • hroya#2189 hroya Member Posts: 16 Arc User
    For your SW damage in dungeons, use Sigil of the Devoted at epic or legendary lvl plus ap return from soulsparks and keep on spamming TT zapping the groups with Dreadtheft. Also learn your SW to dance and you're golden. Just my 2 cents
This discussion has been closed.