test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

All the insignia's you will ever need!

lithevalkerianlithevalkerian Member Posts: 97 Arc User
edited June 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I posted this on the xbox forum as it is more relevant to us on there, but figured it wouldn't hurt to post here as well. Just takes one person for it to help to be worth it:

Hey folks, Lithe Valkerian here and today I wanted to share a bit of Neverwinter Knowledge with you. As you all may know, with the addition of the Maze Engine comes the revamped mount system, including Insignia's and Insignia Bonuses. But insignia's are hard to come by right? Not so much. You can get insignia's currently from any profession (Thievery, Religion, Ect.) node and from chests on the world maps, though at a low drop rate, and only green quality. Quality however does not matter for the bonuses. Another thing to note is that when searching, it is best to do with a party of friends or guildmates. If you fully clear a treasure chest, it will allow the next person to get a fresh reroll on the chest with their own set of loot. Similarly, if you leave 1(one) item in a profession node, it will allow someone else to get a fresh reroll when they successfully use a kit or skill to open it. This maximizes chances for multiple people to complete their bonuses as quickly as possible. The best map that I have found so far for this is Vellosk with a total of 65 nodes and chests. Please find below the full maps that I created, since I couldn't find any others, detailing the area for each and every zone. In some places you will see a dot outside of the map area. Rest assured this is intentional as they sometimes sit beyond the map edge. The fastest rotation I have completed the Vellosk map run in is ~20 minutes. The most insignia's I have seen someone pull from a map rotation here is 6. Lastly, please remember that if you gather too many items in too short of a time, you will only get short items from profession nodes. These items are Bent Fork, 50" of Rope, 1' Pole, Embroidered Purse, Piece of Broken Glass, and Religious Tome. The cool-down to start getting normal items again is ~15 minutes or so. This was implemented a long while back to discourage use of bots. Additionally, you will notice that I do not have any of the end game (60+) area's mapped out. This is because they have too few nodes and chests to be worth it, and by using the lower level zones, you get enemies that are more than 10 lvls below you when your at 70, so you pull no agro and can run through freely.

Post edited by lithevalkerian on

Comments

• adinosiiadinosii Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 4,294 Arc User
    Wow..lot of work there. I would have loved to have this when I was starting to play..or at least while the nodes were worth opening.
    Hoping for improvements...
  • wildfiredewildfirede Member Posts: 886 Arc User
    respect for that collection - i got myself mine doing phantasmal fortress a few dozen of times with the spare keys i bought + chance of gmou at the end chest but i am a 3.5k ilvl and can see how outdoor collecting is better especially if you are not oneshooting the instance.
    once again - great work.
    Please fix Zhentarim Warlock companion's skill "Arcane Warping" to the originally intended "Arcane Boost"
    zhentarim-warlock-companion

Pure -> Transcendent Plague Fire weapon enchantment giving 80damge/20 seconds for 500k+ AD is a joke.
    plague-fire-weapon-enchant-r11-vs-r12
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    That chest reroll and node reroll sounds kinda exploitish....is it safe to do that with out receiving the almighty ban-hammer?
    "So let me get this straight... We were cruising along at Warp 7 when we heard a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now you're telling me it was just the Captain's opening hail and we are the ones who are stuck? How could we respond to something we hadn't even done yet...am I making any sense here?" - Tom Paris
  • lithevalkerianlithevalkerian Member Posts: 97 Arc User

That chest reroll and node reroll sounds kinda exploitish....is it safe to do that with out receiving the almighty ban-hammer?

I've never seen anyone get in trouble for it. That's not to say that they wouldn't, But I've never heard otherwise.

adinosii said:

Wow..lot of work there. I would have loved to have this when I was starting to play..or at least while the nodes were worth opening.

Indeed. Lots of hard work here. Worth uploading to the wiki I think.
    That would be pretty cool. Lol

respect for that collection - i got myself mine doing phantasmal fortress a few dozen of times with the spare keys i bought + chance of gmou at the end chest but i am a 3.5k ilvl and can see how outdoor collecting is better especially if you are not oneshooting the instance.

once again - great work.

Thanks! And yeah, at higher levels you have more options, but this at least makes it possible for any class and level.
    adinosii said:

Sorry it isn't here sooner. Lol. I was going to post it all earlier, but I wanted to give my guild on xbox a little bit of a head start.
  • mrvincent1959mrvincent1959 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 740 Arc User
    Just by playing the game I have insignias already coming out of my ears. I end up just donating them to the coffer. But never the less, the information you provided is helpful. the nodes used to have some pretty good stuff in them, but now they have been nerfed into the ground like so many other things due to botting.
    twitch.tv/kaligold

Just by playing the game I have insignias already coming out of my ears. I end up just donating them to the coffer. But never the less, the information you provided is helpful. the nodes used to have some pretty good stuff in them, but now they have been nerfed into the ground like so many other things due to botting.

Yeah, which is a shame really.
  • willson#2163 willson Member Posts: 87 Arc User
    good job! Thanks!
  • silence1xsilence1x Member Posts: 1,503 Arc User
    Excellent work! Kudos not only for making it but also for SHARING it!!!
    I aim to misbehave
  • scathiasscathias Member Posts: 1,174 Arc User
    edited May 2016

Run this past me again please. If you take all the items out of a chest you are exploiting? Does this mean that you should leave a item in a chest so as to not exploit which sounds suspiciously like... and if you leave something in a node that you don't want you are exploiting? So in order to not exploit then you should leave an item in a chest (and leave your party members with the stuff you don't want) and make sure to totally strip the node so no one else can use it. I hope you can see the logical fallacy here where (by what you said) in order to not exploit one should still interact with a chest and a node differently.

Perhaps you genuinely had this question, but if you think it through you should realize there is no question that needs answering
    Guild - The Imaginary Friends
    We are searching for slave labor, will pay with food from our farm!
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    Maybe I'm misunderstood but it sounded like.if you took everything out of the chest a party member would get all new loot separate of what you got and if you left 1 item in the node and another player went to it they would get entirely different items offered as well. That sounds exploitable cause you could just reroll the chest/node over and over and load up on loot...but maybe I'm misunderstanding.
    "So let me get this straight... We were cruising along at Warp 7 when we heard a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now you're telling me it was just the Captain's opening hail and we are the ones who are stuck? How could we respond to something we hadn't even done yet...am I making any sense here?" - Tom Paris
  • jugger71jugger71 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 252 Arc User
    Very nice, well done! This should prove VERY helpful for any and all that need insignias.

Thank you very much for sharing!
    Just a quick update, after the demand that has been relayed to me, I'll be doing the higher level area's over the next couple weeks after work.

good job! Thanks!

No, thank YOU for checking it out.
    jugger71 said:

Very nice, well done! This should prove VERY helpful for any and all that need insignias.

Thank you very much for sharing!

No problem! Pass it on if you come across anyone needing some insignia's
    silence1x said:

Excellent work! Kudos not only for making it but also for SHARING it!!!

Glad I was able to help. And why not share? I kept it to just my guild to give them an edge for a week, but figured everyone could potentially benifit

Maybe I'm misunderstood but it sounded like.if you took everything out of the chest a party member would get all new loot separate of what you got and if you left 1 item in the node and another player went to it they would get entirely different items offered as well. That sounds exploitable cause you could just reroll the chest/node over and over and load up on loot...but maybe I'm misunderstanding.

That is how it works, but if you go back into it, it will only give you the items that you didn't take, and chests don't refresh for you imediately. The best thing to do is have the last person full take the skill node so that it disappears and respawns eventually.
  • demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Good stuff!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
    As requested by multiple people, please find the initial post updated with post lvl 60 area's. The 4 added so far are Reclamation Rock, Spinward Rise, Sharandar and Dread Ring. The Drowned Shore and Fiery Pit locations have no profession nodes that I was able to find through searching of my own and by others. Lastly, I was unable to complete the maps for Icewind Pass, Dwarven Ruins and the Well of Dragons as I was unable to find blank, complete maps for them. If anyone can find me these maps, I will be glad to get them done up for profession nodes and chests.