test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

Gateway auction on Android posting whole stack!

surf13surf13 Member Posts: 560 Arc User
Tested and verified on Chrome 49.0.2623.105 on Android 6.0. Likely affects other mobile devices.

1. Log into Gateway using Chrome on an Android device.
2. Go to Auction House->Sell->Select An Item
3. Choose a stack with more than one item in it.
* At this point you will notice the Quantity has defaulted to the stack size.
4. Change the quantity to a lower value and move to the next field.
* Verify that the Quantity is at the lower value.
5. Change the Buyout Price and move out of that field.
* You will notice that Quantity has now reverted to the maximum value!

The other night posted two lots of 100 Arcane Shards in the Auction House at 11460AD each. As a result two whole stack of Arcane Shards (999 and 717) were posted instead!

Naturally these were bought out in minutes - a loss of about 1516 Arcane Shards (which is a potential ~174,000AD).

I created a support case with arc but it seems they are unwilling to provide any kind of compensation and simply recommended that I posted here.

Very disappointing!

Comments

• Options
    zebularzebular Member, Neverwinter Moderator, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 15,270 Community Moderator
    edited April 2016
    I just verified this on my Android Phone's Chrome and Native Browser. However, if you set the Quantity last, it doesn't revert back to full stack size. It only happens if you change it prior to changing the Buyout.

Android Version 5.1.1
    • Native Browser Version: 5.1.1-eng.jenkins.20151218.065814
    • Chrome Browser Version 49.0.2623.105
  • Options
    Still caveat emptor @zebular !

ARC/Cryptic won't give you any refunds... Kinda feeling ripped off here!
  • Options
    carianne9carianne9 Member Posts: 76 Arc User
    Ah ha, it wasn't me that time I nearly posted 40+ strongbox keys for the price of the one I tried to auction. I caught it, and was able to cancel the auction as I was home and got on my PC. It doesn't help that for me, I can't take down auctions on mobile. That would seem to me to be yet another fairly significant issue.
  • Options
    @carianne9 And of course ARC/Cryptic won't do a darn thing to compensate you for their buggy software.
  • Options
    darthpotaterdarthpotater Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 1,259 Arc User
    This bug is here since beta, reported many times. I lost lots of ADs because of this, I dont think it will be fixed ever
    Lescar PvE Wizard - Sir Garlic PvE Paladin
    Caturday Survivor
    Elemental Evil Survivor
    Undermontain Survivor
    Mod20 Combat rework Survivor
    Mod22 Refinement rework Survivor
  • Options
    demonmongerdemonmonger Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,350 Arc User
    Man that's lame... reminds me when I lost 99 opals.... cs said too bad
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    I hate paying taxes! Why must I pay thousands of dollars in taxes when everything I buy is taxed anyways!
  • Options
    @darthpotater @demonmonger Yeah I kinda give up on the AH now :-(
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    "
    mstrssihr said:

darxide23 wrote: »

Updated a few things.

If this thread also counts for Android Mobile Gateway, then I have a beef to pick! xD

Try opening the Gateway AH and then spot something that's in stack, like some Dragon Eggs. Then pick how many you want to list, let's say quantity of 1, then Post them for sale. Now look at the your listings and you will see that you've you've just posted the ENTIRE stack for that measly amount of AD. Mobile Gateway quantity is totally not WAI and so with this bug report I also suggest you never try to sell a portion of the stack from this app, because you will post the entire stack for sale. ;)

"

I reported that ages ago. Kept harping on about it for a few months through Arc and in-game support.
    Reported July 2015
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    To take it a step further and really drive it home how alone you are with your concerns...

There's this. arcgames.com/en/forums/neverwinter#/discussion/515513/auction-house-in-gateway

A little over ONE MONTH from game launch, which was on June 20, 2013, here's comes a report by banaaaaan on July 31, 2013. See anything familiar in the thread? BOOM-that's all you need to know.
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.