test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc
Options

"Siege Defense Effort" Profession stuck on level 0 since original Siege event.

venohmvenohm Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 13 Arc User
Third time is still not a charm. Profession is still stuck at level 0 on my main toon. Haven't been able to use the profession since this event started on this character.

I completed the initial task and the experience bar is maxed out, but the level is still 0 on the profession and I am unable to do any tasks.

Comments

• Options
    Will try again with a ticket. Last one I opened on this has been open for 601 days and still shows up under my tickets with nothing done to it.
  • Options
    phrigephrige Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 7 Arc User
    I have the exact same problem. Level 0 - Cannot do any tasks. No Siege Master or Cart on character either now. This has been busted forever. I submitted a ticket as well before with no luck. Can someone let us know what we can do to get this fixed. This is on my CW character Toazteer. All other characters are fine.
  • Options
    visael79visael79 Member Posts: 9 Arc User
    same problem there, my 3 alt toons have locked this profession, full experience bar but still 0 level
  • Options
    Opened up a ticket and got the same "This appears to be an unreported in game bug" message. Which I reported this during the first Siege of Neverwinter. So guess it's not going to get fixed.
  • Options
    beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    Professions that gain a level without actually gaining the level/completing the hire is an odd and inconsistent problem. It was actually addressed in some recent additions like jewelcrafting by making the initial hire task grant 101xp instead of exactly the 100xp needed for the unlock, so that it would definitely roll over and not sit there full without granting the level.

I'm not sure if it actually happens more often with event professions, or if it just gets reported more because being locked out of an event profession has different implications than the "normal" professions.

I usually only see a similar issue when I complete alchemy research, which also grants exactly the amount of xp required for the next rank. Switching characters and switching back always dislodges it for me so that the level-up completes. This cannot be expected to be a solution for people who've been stuck on a profession for years though.

@asterdahl @rgutscheradev (systems guys I know do some work on professions) @terramak (for the usual bug trackin')

Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • Options
    mstrssihrmstrssihr Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 545 Arc User
    *note to self* type up bug report that in game bug reporting system HAS NEVER WORKED SINCE DAY 1 XD
    - Major Peachy Bottom * Gutbuster's Brigade -

"Last request - microtransactions for alllll old skins for zen/weapon appearance changes, 500 zen to make ur wep glow the color/enchant you want it... You will make more off that one item than any other zen item ever made." freshour

"beckylunatic" Gateway AH should have column headers to sort by buyout, bid, end time, quantity, etc. These disappeared iirc with the module launch. It's obnoxious.
  • Options
    I have a ticket opened in game that has been open for over 600 days. So I don't think that works either.. Think that was the same answer I got when I opened the original ticket on the web site.
  • Options
    kick54kick54 Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    I have the exact same problem. Level 0 - Cannot do any tasks. No Siege Master or Cart on character either now. This has been busted forever. I've also tried to request GM support in game and it would take the info and when I try to submit it it never lets me do it. IT ALWAYS send me to review Known bugs and loses the info. It is VERY frustrating to say the least.