test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Control Resist % from Companions doesn't work?

semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
edited May 2016 in General Discussion (PC)
I have the Will-o-the-Wisp and the Slyph companions and together they should give a 75% control resistance but I suffer the same control effect durations and effects as my team? Does this boost a stat or is it broken?
"So let me get this straight... We were cruising along at Warp 7 when we heard a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now you're telling me it was just the Captain's opening hail and we are the ones who are stuck? How could we respond to something we hadn't even done yet...am I making any sense here?" - Tom Paris

Comments

• ghoulz66ghoulz66 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 3,748 Arc User
    If you're talking about prones and being knocked around. CC resist doesn't affect those.
  • semalda226semalda226 Member Posts: 31 Arc User
    edited May 2016
    Even stun effects it seems last just as long.for.me as everyone else.i play with. Even effects designed to root or slow me seem to impede me normally
    "So let me get this straight... We were cruising along at Warp 7 when we heard a distress call and moved in to investigate. But now you're telling me it was just the Captain's opening hail and we are the ones who are stuck? How could we respond to something we hadn't even done yet...am I making any sense here?" - Tom Paris
  • mmm1001mmm1001 Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 497 Arc User
    There seems to be many different control effects which affect players. Unfortunately control resist doesn't affect any of them or it affects one which never happens.
    Still skills which give control immunity (like paladin shield) work, which means there is some code about control resistance in game, unfortunately it woks in its own "cryptic" way :)

I personally bought pack which gave sylph because of stronghold siege. It doesn't work there too.
  • jase2cooljase2cool Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 165 Arc User
    Thanks for the info, i'm going to remove those from my to buy list
  • beckylunaticbeckylunatic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 14,231 Arc User
    There is a noticeable difference for me with character who have high control resist vs. none. Prones typically can't be shortened too much because of the animations required, but something like a daze can be over instantaneously.
    Guild Leader - The Lords of Light

Neverwinter Census 2017

All posts pending disapproval by Cecilia
  • phoenix1021phoenix1021 Member Posts: 532 Arc User
    Some stuns can't be resisted, like from demogorgon. Others are not just a single application. Dragons for example apply several short duration stuns in succession, making it seem like one long stun, but resistances having little effect on it.
    Also 75% control resist does not mean the effects are 75% shorter, I think they are multiplied by 1/1+(control resist/100), so 75% would not even reduce control strength by half.

I have the sylph and I definately get stunned for shorter durations, I can actually "stutter-step" during a dragon's roar, because the short stuns get reduced enough to break free for a split second between them.
  • qexoticqexotic Member, NW M9 Playtest Posts: 841 Arc User

I have the sylph and I definately get stunned for shorter durations, I can actually "stutter-step" during a dragon's roar, because the short stuns get reduced enough to break free for a split second between them.

I have a Sylph and a Will o Wisp. I really notice their effects when I'm defending the Clerics in Tiamat. Tiamats roars barely makes me miss a step and her icy breath only freezes me for a fraction of the time when I mistime dodging it or get caught a few feet outside the red zone when the blast evades the red zone limits. I find them useful, others may have different experiences. One problem with NWO is it can be more than a little inconsistent in how things work.