test content
What is the Arc Client?
Install Arc

Support classes arent being given credit for final boss kill in Castle Never

It appears that the final boss kill in Castle Never is not properly granting credit for the kill to everyone in the group. Upon extensive testing with my group, there seems to be a minimum damage threshold to get credit for killing him (goes toward the 25 kills campaign achievement). This is patently unfair to paladins, heal/buff clerics, and to a lesser extent tactician guardian fighters. This really needs to be addressed.

I posted this here because it isnt a bug as far as we can tell. It is a consistent 'min dmg' requirement that seems to have been intentionally set by the devs. I understand why it might have seemed like a good idea, but it is quite the opposite.

Comments

• texans2k2texans2k2 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    clerics are having the hardest time registering a kill on Orcus. killing Orcus is a team effort and its a shame not everyone is getting credit towards the achievement. only people who do dps are getting credit.
  • sedaterialsedaterial Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    i have to agree. this is incredibly unfair to those that play as support. Changing my class to high dps just to get an achievement is pointless and makes me less viable to run the dungeon as I will be seen as a tank and not a damage dealer.

There should be no min damage requirement for this boss as it will exclude the support classes altogether.
  • theglobalizertheglobalizer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    Yes, this. My main is a cleric, can DPS but will get far outclassed by legit DPS classes, especially when I'm supporting with haste.
  • pyro1099pyro1099 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Buff tank, literally built to do no dps and only buff. I'll never get this achievement unless its fixed :/
  • soonergmsoonergm Member Posts: 503 Arc User
    That's bad news. I hope the devs get this fixed because the best runs always have support builds in the group.
    My Toons

SoonerGM - HR Trapper
    Haven - Righteous Cleric
    Ethereal Justice - OP Paladin
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Is there a way to check progress on the achievement? I'm curious if any of my runs counted I'm a DC but a couple runs ended in just me and one DPS killing Orcus
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • talifeexpectancytalifeexpectancy Member Posts: 35 Arc User
    In the in-game achievements tab. Menu - journal - rb to switch from quests to achievements. Choose the Dungeons one and hit X to "show available". U should see Demon Prince etc... with a counter X/25.
  • vimes0xvimes0x Member Posts: 25 Arc User
    Really? It's a T2 dung, so you need to be geared to get into it, and just cause you buff/heal/support you get no credit?? Poor show. If your there and contributing to the fight, you should get credit, just like every other dungeon/dragon/boss fight/skirmish in the game. Unless there are other bosses like this now.......
  • theclutchhandtheclutchhand Member Posts: 2 Arc User
    Support classes unite!!!!!! I've created a ticket to support, and Neverwinter Twitters handle. This needs to be patched and fixed, because support classes aren't getting credit for killing Orcus. With the Underdark killing Balor wasn't bugged it worked fine, but for some reason on Orcus only DPS classes are getting credit.... Please fix this issue
  • firepats12#3687 firepats12 Member Posts: 264 Arc User
    Maybe try and replace one of your powers with some sort of DPS power? I mean I know as a support you have specific rotation you are used to to help the group the most. But to at least get the achievement tell your group that you need to change it up a little and hope they can survive.
    It requires a minimum of 5 million damage dealt to the boss to get credit. He has 40million hp approximately. We got a DC to.get credit today, but at 2700 item level he still had to respec full dps (bye bye heals and buffs) AND borrow around 18-20 million AD worth of r12 enchants, bonding runestones, and my pure vorpal to get it. Oh, AND I had to buy him a purple DPS companion with ring slots to use the 3x bonding runestone think for higher power/crit.

So basically most support class players are FUBAR if they dont want to respec and cant borrow lots of end-game DPS enchants from a friend.
  • sax1993sax1993 Member Posts: 126 Arc User
    Ah okay seems I have ten total kills on my Cleric honestly not sure how many runs I've done (probably 10-13) but I'm full buffs only DPS hitting Orcus is BTS and Divine Glow
    Main: Sax Cleric (Arbiter) [Xbox and PC]
    Alts:
    Saxy Healz Paladin (Oathkeeper) [Xbox and PC]
    Saxon Ranger (Warden)
    Yuri Wizard (Thaumaturge)

Member of the guild: Legacy (Xbox) and Strawberry Yakuza (PC)
  • wdj40wdj40 Member Posts: 1,958 Arc User
    Hmmm they should change it as it is completely unfair to Support classes :(

Funnily enough I DPS through the Dungeon with my HR and then switch to more of a support role for the boss lol. So kind of opposite what is needed ha ha... Still I have the Achievement already anyway :)
    Main - Rydia (HR70) - Xbox One Player only
    Alts :
    Storm (SW70), Edge (TR70), AD Farm (CW70), Grunt (GF70), Rosa (DC70), AD AD AD (GWF70), Your Mum (OP70)

Member of Q-Snipe
  • dizynedizyne Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    I, 3k DC, have run CN multiple times and still not receiving any credit. Sadly, I am 75% haste - 25% heals which means for the entire dungeon I am coming in under 5 million damage, little alone that amount on the final boss. Please help fix this for the support classes
  • cactusjacktercactusjackter Member Posts: 287 Arc User
    This entire game is massively biased towards DPS so not sure how anyone is surprised tbh :(

At least heal DCs and OPs have a leaderboard. Tanks/Buffers have nothing.
  • pyro1099pyro1099 Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Low drop rate (cannot get last hit on adds) on stones from lessers dragon gems and mount insignia, leaderboards don't take buff or aggro into the score, soloing anything is impossible, entire game favours high dps and adds can single hit you with a crit; no matter the defense stat. Defense is literally the worst stat in the game... hell. besides the rogue armour, tank dragonflight armour has some of the worst stat possible for a damage soaking tank or buff tank.
  • xenolith666xenolith666 Member Posts: 26 Arc User
    signed...
  • qdraw0qdraw0 Member Posts: 1 Arc User
    This is an absolutely stupid way to record the kill. I've been running castle never non stop on my cleric to get the achievement done which I should be by now only to find out I need to drag my extremely poor geared wizard through, which is likely to get kicked for being so low.

At first I figured it was just bugged since I did get the complete castle never achievement and was still counting.

This needs to be addressed ASAP because now is the best time to get this done while people are interested and classes are not nerfed to the ground. Cause once that happens this achievement is going to be so painful to accomplish.
    @qdraw - there is an achievement for completing ALL maze engine achievements. So unless you want to do the entire maze engine on your alt, you may want to respec DPS on your DC (or wait for a patch that might never come).
    @qdraw - there is an achievement for completing ALL maze engine achievements. So unless you want to do the entire maze engine on your alt, you may want to respec DPS on your DC (or wait for a patch that might never come).
    edited May 2016
    Double post
  • fuzzmeisterjfuzzmeisterj Member Posts: 55 Arc User
    > @talifeexpectancy said:
    > @qdraw - there is an achievement for completing ALL maze engine achievements. So unless you want to do the entire maze engine on your alt, you may want to respec DPS on your DC (or wait for a patch that might never come).

"earn all relevant achievements in "The Maze Engine" campaign"

This achievement is part of the DLC, not the campaign.
    edited May 2016
    The in-game journal has the x/25 tracker for killing orcus. I would assume it will affect the one for all campaign achievements too. Maybe not since its under the dungeons list not the campaign list, but I guess we'll know in about a month.

Regardless, this needs to be fixed so support classes can get credit.
  • satniteeduardosatniteeduardo Member Posts: 136 Arc User
    My main is now a perma bubble paladin which is in high demand in this dungeon. I am running on my HR just because of this achievement but people want my Pally. Of course that may soon change with the nerfs although I have already changed a few things to maximise my bubble time after the nerf. I do have a DPS daily on my Pally but am trying to play the team game more which means I must have my bubble available. This dungeon will be hell after the nerf given I suspect most pallies will not as effective afterwards.

I have not checked if my Pally has an kills registered but I have not tried to DPS more than normal so I doubt it.
  • destrowoddestrowod Member Posts: 484 Arc User
    I am a bit amazed how people unite so much and massively to point out that bug but didn't do nearly as much when Throne Infiltration was broken. I would like to remind you guys i militated for that fix badly, i made threads, videos, tickets... And now from what i heard its fixed... Maybe the achievement was not unobtainable completely, but same here, there is ways to get it, only you need to use another character, just as it was possible to get throne, but trough extreme luck and having a very high group. Now that being said, i still think this is a big injustice and SHOULD BE FIXED ASAP.

I decided to focus on my GWF for futur content, because i have more fun with him and more or less i don't have the time to up 2 characters simeoultanously (i probably butchered the word spelling here lol). So at the moment its not an issue for me, BUT i do have a GF, and down the road when the pally get nerfed i know he will be much more in demand than now. And once my GWF have reach the level of where i feel he is "decent enough" i may start to up enchantements again for the GF and try to get him at highter lev. Even with no enchantements more or less he still have 2.3 IS and is competent as a tactician buffer. But since i removed all enchants i have not test a run with just a cleric as tanker. But anyway, he ain't that far from being easily useable again.

All of this to say, even if i do get the achievement on my GWF, it kinda sucks not having the credits for the kills on the other char, and i also fully understand the support classes that feel cheated now. I was a GF only for a long time before making my GWF.

Our supports are the back bones of our runs, without the pally or GF/Cleric combo etc, we wouldn't even make it to the first boss, we need them as they need us, so i am not sure what ARC intended with this minimal requirement.

Just to note also the other day the game froze while at the boss, i rebooted the game and re-entered and manage to get there in time to finish the boss with the team. I had done consequencial damage on him prior to the freeze, but i didn't got credit for the run.

Anyway its always sad that everytime new content drop, and there is a fix for stuff, something else get broke or drop broken in the first place. I am sorry but if this is voluntary decision, it is a VERY VERY bad one to remain polite.. Like "fire that guy that took it" bad...

Anyway i do hope they adress this very quickly and do not wait for next mod.
  • satniteeduardosatniteeduardo Member Posts: 136 Arc User

My main is now a perma bubble paladin which is in high demand in this dungeon. I am running on my HR just because of this achievement but people want my Pally. Of course that may soon change with the nerfs although I have already changed a few things to maximise my bubble time after the nerf. I do have a DPS daily on my Pally but am trying to play the team game more which means I must have my bubble available. This dungeon will be hell after the nerf given I suspect most pallies will not as effective afterwards.

I have not checked if my Pally has an kills registered but I have not tried to DPS more than normal so I doubt it.

I checked last night and my Pally is getting credit.

It still needs to be adjusted so that support classes get credit.
    Yeah it absolutely should be changed. It was completely asinine to include a min damage requirement to get credit for killing orcus. Hell the qeue silystem even tells you to get a tank and healer for this dungeon. Get a healer, but screw them if they want credit for the kill.... seriously? What bonehead at Arc thought that was a good idea?

My buddy had to respec his DC to DPS and borrow 400k AD for a DPS companion, as well as about 15million AD worth of enchantments from me just to get credit for his 25 kills. It's bad enough that EVERYTHING in the game caters to dps (ESPECIALLY hunters and warlocks now), but this orcus kill credit thing is a big fat middle finger to support classes, the biggest f.u. being to the DC (arguably the most crucial support of all).
  • theglobalizertheglobalizer Member Posts: 5 Arc User
    destrowod said:

I am a bit amazed how people unite so much and massively to point out that bug but didn't do nearly as much when Throne Infiltration was broken. I would like to remind you guys i militated for that fix badly, i made threads, videos, tickets... And now from what i heard its fixed... Maybe the achievement was not unobtainable completely, but same here, there is ways to get it, only you need to use another character, just as it was possible to get throne, but trough extreme luck and having a very high group. Now that being said, i still think this is a big injustice and SHOULD BE FIXED ASAP.

I decided to focus on my GWF for futur content, because i have more fun with him and more or less i don't have the time to up 2 characters simeoultanously (i probably butchered the word spelling here lol). So at the moment its not an issue for me, BUT i do have a GF, and down the road when the pally get nerfed i know he will be much more in demand than now. And once my GWF have reach the level of where i feel he is "decent enough" i may start to up enchantements again for the GF and try to get him at highter lev. Even with no enchantements more or less he still have 2.3 IS and is competent as a tactician buffer. But since i removed all enchants i have not test a run with just a cleric as tanker. But anyway, he ain't that far from being easily useable again.

All of this to say, even if i do get the achievement on my GWF, it kinda sucks not having the credits for the kills on the other char, and i also fully understand the support classes that feel cheated now. I was a GF only for a long time before making my GWF.

Our supports are the back bones of our runs, without the pally or GF/Cleric combo etc, we wouldn't even make it to the first boss, we need them as they need us, so i am not sure what ARC intended with this minimal requirement.

Just to note also the other day the game froze while at the boss, i rebooted the game and re-entered and manage to get there in time to finish the boss with the team. I had done consequencial damage on him prior to the freeze, but i didn't got credit for the run.

Anyway its always sad that everytime new content drop, and there is a fix for stuff, something else get broke or drop broken in the first place. I am sorry but if this is voluntary decision, it is a VERY VERY bad one to remain polite.. Like "fire that guy that took it" bad...

Anyway i do hope they adress this very quickly and do not wait for next mod.

Agree with a lot of this. I wasn't around to complain about Throne Infiltration as I was still leveling my DC for EDemo, but I did benefit from the fix (which did make it a lot easier).

I'm a bit tired of getting screwed because I decided to main a DC. I play against class as a DPS cleric just to survive without relying on fixed-group social gaming (sorry, I like to solo or queue at random times), but to run 5-player dungeons I have to go haste (OK, did a respec, split the difference, problem solved), and now my haste/DPS hybrid can't get kill credit on Orcus without bonkers enchants or charitable sandbaggers who let me bang away on Orcus with a holy wet noodle. Already had another variant build to run Tiamat (switching from AoE DPS to knockback and buffs), so maybe I need another variant build to do single target DPS to try to keep up with the nearly 4k IL DPS people I get queued with.

Needless to say, for a game that seems to be constructed to let you play the game your way, I find a lot of bottlenecks that make my preferred build (mostly AoE DPS, crit, life steal) situationally ineffective. I love the game - I bought Zen just to give props to the game, since I've gotten a lot of enjoyment out of it - but man, being a DC is really thankless sometimes. (Not to mention when I get toxic GWFs and the like giving me HAMSTER if I don't sufficiently buff/carry them.)

I've started grinding up a DPS class out of pure frustration, but it'll be a while before I can meaningfully run Castle Never with it. I don't want my DC to be a gonzo solo boss-slayer, but I don't want to get locked out of achievements either when the class inherently builds towards group effects.
  • yamayamayaamaayamayamayaamaa Member Posts: 27 Arc User
    Cleric main here! I've done Castle Never over 25 times and was wondering why I was still 0/25. So I started browsing forums to find this out...

Please fix this ASAP!
    «‘-•·÷·- ¥ámá -·÷·•-`»

948658.png
  • thisisprestonthisispreston Member Posts: 3 Arc User
    Yeah, this is stupid. Devs bang on about how teamwork is essential and have class restrictions on dungeons to complete them etc. but then when it comes to giving credit to the team..... nope, just DPS, cos they are the only ones that matter, right? What a massive middle finger to the support classes keeping all those DPS classes alive the whole time! And I'm saying this as a GWF! FIX IT.